Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was a good day… got a VIN today. I had EDD 8/31 - 9/12 this morning and mid day received an email to pay in full. Checked my account and found this. Very narrow pickup window considering Tesla is closed on Sunday. Any idea if they will let me pickup two days later on 8/26? Pickup location is in the opposite direction of where I work and nearly impossible to get there before they close on Monday/Tuesday. Also no one has reached out to me from my pickup location yet.

098BCDBC-7250-4420-B8EA-A9D88FEDA6FE.jpeg

Not sure if this has been posted previously... Tesla more than doubles its non-refundable order fee

"Last year, Tesla gave up on its seven-day, no questions asked return policy, but the non-refundable order fee stayed.
Today, we learn that Tesla more than doubled the order fee to $250 in an update to its online configurator overnight:

The reason for the change is unknown, but it comes as the time between ordering a new Tesla and taking delivery is significantly increasing.
As we previously reported, Tesla has recently pushed almost all new delivery timelines for new car orders."

Screen-Shot-2021-08-20-at-9.49.47-AM.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted previously... Tesla more than doubles its non-refundable order fee

"Last year, Tesla gave up on its seven-day, no questions asked return policy, but the non-refundable order fee stayed.
Today, we learn that Tesla more than doubled the order fee to $250 in an update to its online configurator overnight:

The reason for the change is unknown, but it comes as the time between ordering a new Tesla and taking delivery is significantly increasing.
As we previously reported, Tesla has recently pushed almost all new delivery timelines for new car orders."

Screen-Shot-2021-08-20-at-9.49.47-AM.jpg
I think one of the things leading to the uncertainty in delivery times is people who have ordered multiple cars and then cancel orders.
Hopefully this will reduce the incidence of false orders and let Tesla plan deliveries with more certainty.

I think the EDD monkey is on vacation. My delivery date has remained unchanged for the last week or so. Still Nov 27 to Dec 17. Meanwhile, I'm actually glad I didn't get it recently. I just finished prepping my house for hurricane Henri, which is arriving tomorrow morning. Interesting how the changing course of a hurricane is more predictable than our delivery dates. My cars live in my driveway as I don't have a garage, so avoiding a nice salt water storm surge is ok.

I think the EDD monkey is on vacation. My delivery date has remained unchanged for the last week or so. Still Nov 27 to Dec 17. Meanwhile, I'm actually glad I didn't get it recently. I just finished prepping my house for hurricane Henri, which is arriving tomorrow morning. Interesting how the changing course of a hurricane is more predictable than our delivery dates. My cars live in my driveway as I don't have a garage, so avoiding a nice salt water storm surge is ok.
I am betting that they are really (trying) to make cars for us within the EDD windows and there should be some stability. Mine is 9.2-9.19 now and has been for three days so I am expecting nothing but a narrowing ( rumours are that Canadian cars will be 'mid September' ) so this aligns however with the insanity we have witnessed, until I see the car.....hope is the strategy.

Interesting. I have the same order (except for FSD)

You (Long Island, after 1st $5000 price hike):
Ordered July 29, 2021. RN 11539. S LR. White, cream, 19". No FSD. EDD started at Feb-March 2022, currently is Nov 27- Dec 17 2021

Me (Fort Lauderdale, before 1st $5000 price hike):
Ordered May 10, 2021. RN 11492. S LR. White, cream, 19". FSD. EDD started at Sept 2021, currently is Dec 1- Dec 31 2021

Does anyone out there have the same car ordered after the 2nd $5000 price hike?

Looks like $5000 buys you a BIG advantage on EDD.

Ordered July 29, 2021. RN 11539. S LR. White, cream, 19". No FSD. EDD started at Feb-March 2022, currently is Nov 27- Dec 17 2021

Ordered May 10, 2021. RN 11492. S LR. White, cream, 19". FSD. EDD started at Sept 2021, currently is Dec 1- Dec 31 2021

My change order is after the second price hike (yes I’m dumb, I acknowledge this :)) - however since it’s a change I can’t see if there is a preference to older original orders or not. It pushed my Q3 date (Sept) into Q4/Q1.

I have 2 on order, the price hike one with 21s has the same date as the Long Island person but i am also in NY. Its a 2 week diff so assume its just a location delivery thing

Forgot to add. I literally have the same car as you on order again to Ny and my edd is 9/18-9/30 so odd yours in later. Thats my first order that was ordered in May pre-price hike

Reactions: MEL-22
Looks like Chicago area and even east coast orders are getting prioritized over Bay Area. I have RN 1143, ordered early Jan, pearl
White with black interior, no fsd, 19” wheels. Still no VIN and EDD 9/8-9/20!
This is absolutely true, they can move more cars this q getting them to east coast now west coast next month. My car delivery is Friday.

Today was a good day… got a VIN today. I had EDD 8/31 - 9/12 this morning and mid day received an email to pay in full. Checked my account and found this. Very narrow pickup window considering Tesla is closed on Sunday. Any idea if they will let me pickup two days later on 8/26? Pickup location is in the opposite direction of where I work and nearly impossible to get there before they close on Monday/Tuesday. Also no one has reached out to me from my pickup location yet.

View attachment 699381
So no one has reached out to me. Have a VIN, MVPA all that and notified late yesterday delivery for 8/20 - 8/24. No email or phone call today from my SC. Do they usually call, text, email to arrange delivery? I can try calling them Monday but anytime I’ve ever tried before they never answer and there has been no SA during this entire 8 month process. Any suggestions appreciated, would like to pickup on 8/26.

Looks like Chicago area and even east coast orders are getting prioritized over Bay Area. I have RN 1143, ordered early Jan, pearl
White with black interior, no fsd, 19” wheels. Still no VIN and EDD 9/8-9/20!
I have 1147 /4/10 as well, but did not complete profile for about a few weeks (did not know till i read it in this forum) and that is likely why mine is early Nov. Hmmm...

So no one has reached out to me. Have a VIN, MVPA all that and notified late yesterday delivery for 8/20 - 8/24. No email or phone call today from my SC. Do they usually call, text, email to arrange delivery? I can try calling them Monday but anytime I’ve ever tried before they never answer and there has been no SA during this entire 8 month process. Any suggestions appreciated, would like to pickup on 8/26.
I was told today that they would contact me the day before delivery. They have not reached out to me either. I happened to call them from a phone number I had on an early email right after I placed my original order back in January.

Reactions: gastrowala
I have an order of RN1150 Black/White/21, which has been delayed to February recently. I am now on the verge of taking delivery of my back-up order of MYP for the time being. Would this be a bad idea?? Any advice would be appreciated!!
I have seen several people post that their dates slip to Feb right around the time a vin shows up. Then it corrects to a very immediate date. I would wait a few days and see if that is what is happening to you.

Reactions: Proppilot