Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered the first week of January 2021 (the month after you), and our EDD is just after yours (September 01-04) with the same configuration. It is good to see that the deliveries seem to be better tracking with when the orders were placed. Those last two slow-moving hours to get to Fresno will still get it to you before it gets to us in Chicago next week.
I have the same dates, Sep 1 - Sep 4 here in St Louis. Has anyone reached out to you about payment / actually delivery appointment? Via phone or e-mail? Think we will have to hear something soon.

Reactions: Almost
I have the same dates, Sep 1 - Sep 4 here in St Louis. Has anyone reached out to you about payment / actually delivery appointment? Via phone or e-mail? Think we will have to hear something soon.
Not yet. I had stopped in at the local Tesla store last Friday (8/20) to ask about using a cashier’s check (which they said was fine) and the $2,000 “discount” for ordering before the refresh (noted in our order, but not yet applied), and they said they’d contact us once the car arrived. They did not specify how they’d contact us, but they were expecting to get the car on September 1st and said that it usually takes about 48 hours to get it cleaned up and checked over before delivery.

Reactions: Juergy
I can't follow this anymore, it's depressing. Godspeed and good luck my friends. Enjoy your rides when they appear.
It's only depressing because you got yours already lmao. Enjoy your ride as well! One day we'll all look back on this and go. Remember how long we had to wait. For me by the time I get it will have been 9 months. It's like birthing a baby Tesla.

Reactions: lzolman and Mrhpsn
Woo Hoo! I've got a VIN: 5YJSA1E54MF440xxx. EDD has been 9/2-14 for six days now. Off to Tesla tomorrow to try to nail down a smaller range and determine if a Tesla offer for my 2015 P90D is reasonable. If not, I'll try eBay.
It should update within the next day or two. Mine was 09/03-09/15 for about a week. I got a vin this past Monday, the window updated the next day to 09/08-09/11.

Reactions: cwanja
My EDD remains Dec 12-Jan 1. I really don't want to be in the end-of-year rush. Might just make a change to get intentionally bumped to Q1. I don't mind the extra wait given the nightmare-scape of the various issues threads + the seeming eternity Tesla needs to squash bugs and get v11 out the door.

Woo Hoo! I've got a VIN: 5YJSA1E54MF440xxx. EDD has been 9/2-14 for six days now. Off to Tesla tomorrow to try to nail down a smaller range and determine if a Tesla offer for my 2015 P90D is reasonable. If not, I'll try eBay.
Interesting. A lot of us holding with a 12-day window now for a week plus. Seems to be a pattern right before VINdication. 9/18-9/30 for 8 days now.

Dumb question:

I am bringing a cashiers check Saturday for my pick up. Who do I make it out to?
Dumber question

I wired payment when I got my M3 2 yrs ago, EDD for LR is in 3 weeks. is there advantage to use check? Maybe if I reject the car during inspection I can simply not hand them the check? Versus trying to get money back from a wire xfer if I reject the car?

Same with me, 9/4-9/17 hasn't changed in 8 days and it's making me mental because I'm getting closer to the early part of that span. Couple that with a problem where either me or my wife are going to be out of town. not being able to plan appropriately is very frustrating.

Same with me, 9/4-9/17 hasn't changed in 8 days and it's making me mental because I'm getting closer to the early part of that span. Couple that with a problem where either me or my wife are going to be out of town. not being able to plan appropriately is very frustrating.
Based on what I can gather about the experience of others in this forum, I think you are close to getting a VIN. Seems like others had your 12-13 day window hold for a week+, then EDD changed to "February", then VIN was assigned shortly thereafter. Interested to see if yours follows the same pattern. I am 9/18-9/30 right now and have been holding there for 8 days. I am midwest location. Order date in March also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cal3160

Unfortunately, I still have a long ways to go. I was hoping I would sneak into this first batch for White/Black/19's but looks like I will be the second batch