Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black w/ 21's available in NY right now: Inventory | Tesla
Interesting. A few days ago there were dozens available nationwide, and at least five each in LA, Phoenix and the Bay Area. Now they are all gone but one in the Bay Area. I wonder if that was a one time thing or if more will appear shortly? In the meantime, I’m hanging with an EDD of 9/10-9/30 for my LR for the past ten days.

Man that's annoying. REALLY f*cking annoying.

Thing is I'd have to call central dispatch to see if they would change my order to an inventory car at the same price point I ordered
at. Not sure if they'd do that. I'd tried to get an answer from my "SA" but he's as useless as 2 tits on a bull. Crickets.
Yeah, I saw a Plaid in Phoenix with the exact config as my LR, thought about it but then decided not to reward Tesla with an extra $50k for jerking all us LR and 19” customers around. Not. Gonna. Do it!
1630076720102.gif

I don't know if anyone posted this already - I have a pocket theory that the available Plaids were aspirational buyers who couldn't really qualify/afford them, or folks who got p'd waiting so long, etc.
I presume there's less of this with the LR because of the price difference, that the LR folks can maybe better afford the LR's (though it's still flirting with $100k for a car).
I also wonder if folks plunked down their $100 deposits for multiple Plaids to see which was ready first with the intention of only taking one.
Again, these are theories.
Last theory, which I believe is true, is that Tesla builds in bulk and NOT to order, so maybe they just produced more Plaids because higher profit margins.
If anyone can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it - thanks!

Reactions: jebinc and mspohr
Man that's annoying. REALLY f*cking annoying.

Thing is I'd have to call central dispatch to see if they would change my order to an inventory car at the same price point I ordered
at. Not sure if they'd do that. I'd tried to get an answer from my "SA" but he's as useless as 2 tits on a bull. Crickets.
No. You have to pay $10k more for those inventory cars. My SA said she can get me one if I am willing to pay 10k as I ordered on 6/10 before the price inc.

Feb here as well and went blank today. White interior.
I started a new thread but basically asked, am I better off waiting until say, February (versus December/January) for a 2022 model. Which might be the exact same as one built on December 31, 2021....but maybe would have higher resale value. Should affect the lease residual, but I think my lease terms are locked in, so deciding if makes sense to buy and sell in a few years for a nearly free Tesla as they hold their value.

Yeah, I saw a Plaid in Phoenix with the exact config as my LR, thought about it but then decided not to reward Tesla with an extra $50k for jerking all us LR and 19” customers around. Not. Gonna. Do it!
View attachment 702056

Yeah I saw all those 2 but wifey was a hard NO on shelling out another 50k - the S will be her car too! But someone's snagged them all up
and looks like another 3 million bucks into Elon's piggy bank!

Reactions: Danlbrau
I started a new thread but basically asked, am I better off waiting until say, February (versus December/January) for a 2022 model. Which might be the exact same as one built on December 31, 2021....but maybe would have higher resale value. Should affect the lease residual, but I think my lease terms are locked in, so deciding if makes sense to buy and sell in a few years for a nearly free Tesla as they hold their value.

I NEED this S to be registered in my name before 1/1/22. Currently EV's here in AZ have a registration fee of 1% of the vehicle cost which is nothing. It's all changing as beginning next year that's going up to 10% of cost, then for 2023 to 20% of the retail value - same as regular cars! But if you have an EV registered before 2022 you are grandfathered in.

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
I don't know if anyone posted this already - I have a pocket theory that the available Plaids were aspirational buyers who couldn't really qualify/afford them, or folks who got p'd waiting so long, etc.
I presume there's less of this with the LR because of the price difference, that the LR folks can maybe better afford the LR's (though it's still flirting with $100k for a car).
I also wonder if folks plunked down their $100 deposits for multiple Plaids to see which was ready first with the intention of only taking one.
Again, these are theories.
Last theory, which I believe is true, is that Tesla builds in bulk and NOT to order, so maybe they just produced more Plaids because higher profit margins.
If anyone can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it - thanks!
I would say all of these theories are sound. It’s probably a combination of all of those factors.

I NEED this S to be registered in my name before 1/1/22. Currently EV's here in AZ have a registration fee of 1% of the vehicle cost which is nothing. It's all changing as beginning next year that's going up to 10% of cost, then for 2023 to 20% of the retail value - same as regular cars! But if you have an EV registered before 2022 you are grandfathered in.

I’m in a similar situation. On Jan 1st, there will be a new ”luxury tax” in Canada on new cars, 20% on the amount above 100K. Since my LR cones to $130K CAD, I’ll be out another 6K in taxes alone. I can save $2000 by dropping FSD and buying it after the fact, but still not an ideal situation to be sure.

Reactions: DG Tiger