Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll love this. Reached out to my SA that I have been talking to since January...he is gone. Called the local service center and was told my car is built and on a train to Chicago. It will be trucked from Chicago to St Louis on Tuesday August 31 and we set up a tentative delivery for Thursday September 2 directly to my house. Very exciting. Confirmed my $2,000 credit as well. Then I refreshed my account and it says my delivery is scheduled for this morning at 10:00am (2 hours ago...WTF) at the service center??? More to come.
I am sure they picked the wrong date. Horrible system if it allows them to select a date in the past. But it is Tesla.

Update: EDD Just changed form 11/03 - 11/22 to the October 18th to November 7th. Order date mid July. MSLR 19’ midnight silver black interior no FSD.

Attachments

• D43AF94E-2A75-4D27-94E2-BA27B9870A48.jpeg
    D43AF94E-2A75-4D27-94E2-BA27B9870A48.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 70
That’s not the point I was trying to make. There are cars of the same config being delivered now a month before EOQ out of state that were ordered after Cali orders that will wait until closer to the EOQ deadline. Some cars, like Plaids, won’t fall under that scenario as they don’t have enough orders to delay Cali to EOQ. But for us LR buyers, a certain config produced today will go out of state before Cali as they have a couple weeks less transport time to deliver locally.
This does not hold true, you have the same configuration that I do, your EDD is about 2 months earlier than my EDD for Massachusetts, even though I ordered almost 2 months before you.

Reactions: Jabbahop
So I finally heard back via txt message from my SA about the possibility that if I found a "local" MS LR car in inventory that
I could take that car to be used to fulfill my order which is currently scheduled for mid December. I'd explained that there
was an identical configged car that had popped up early this morning and that I would've taken that one if I could. Not to
mention the fact that Tesla just released that car to the wild instead of fulfilling a current order with it. His reply "any changes
to your order config which would include taking an inventory car, would mean incurring the current price."

Talk about a first class crock of steaming bullshit. A joke is more like it.

I has some other follow up questions minutes after that initial conversation and never got a reply. Crickets. Pathetic really is all
I can say about how they treat customers spending 100k+ on a car.

This does not hold true, you have the same configuration that I do, your EDD is about 2 months earlier than my EDD for Massachusetts, even though I ordered almost 2 months before you.
You are really getting screwed. Did you make any changes to your order since the initial date? Who knows what is causing some of these delays. But I was told expect end of quarter. Back in March, June, and now Sept. And if it’s delayed past 9/30 I’d bet I’m looking at a late Dec delivery.

Curious what people think regarding EOQ. Do you all think there will be "inventory" for a EOQ push and many folks will be either be getting their build or able to "match" with something they would accept? Or No EOQ push due to limited / low inventory??

My SA's exact txt regarding getting an inventory car to be applied to my current order of an EDD of mid Dec.....

"Hi Marcus, If we convert your order to an inventory model we can not do any price adjustments and those models are at the current price book. so the 5k price increase would apply.

• Informative
Reactions: planetary
Same with me, 9/4-9/17 hasn't changed in 8 days and it's making me mental because I'm getting closer to the early part of that span. Couple that with a problem where either me or my wife are going to be out of town. not being able to plan appropriately is very frustrating.
Was just at the Raleigh SC & they were unloading 3 white MSs from the trailer. There were 4 other new ones in the parking lot still wrapped (MSM, & 3 black). Good news that Tesla has stepped up deliveries of the popular configs (of course) to our area. Maybe yours is on the next shipment. My blue/cream is slated for Oct. production. There were lots of new M3 & MYs too.

Curious what people think regarding EOQ. Do you all think there will be "inventory" for a EOQ push and many folks will be either be getting their build or able to "match" with something they would accept? Or No EOQ push due to limited / low inventory??
I have an EOQ date, been that way for 10 days, RN1148. I personally worry more abt the quality, EOQ to me means they are rushing, under pressure to meet numbers to satisfy musk and the analyst meetings. This can lead to more defects. If i can get a better built car in Oct, I'd prefer that. Not that an Oct car will be better than my Sept 18 to 30 car, after all this is tesla.

Was just at the Raleigh SC & they were unloading 3 white MSs from the trailer. There were 4 other new ones in the parking lot still wrapped (MSM, & 3 black). Good news that Tesla has stepped up deliveries of the popular configs (of course) to our area. Maybe yours is on the next shipment. My blue/cream is slated for Oct. production. There were lots of new M3 & MYs too.
Wish one of those was mine. I ordered 6/8/21 black/black/ 21’/ FSD.

Attachments

• F6AE6004-8845-45C3-A457-2631228B27D8.jpeg
    F6AE6004-8845-45C3-A457-2631228B27D8.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 51
I have an EOQ date, been that way for 10 days, RN1148. I personally worry more abt the quality, EOQ to me means they are rushing, under pressure to meet numbers to satisfy musk and the analyst meetings. This can lead to more defects. If i can get a better built car in Oct, I'd prefer that. Not that an Oct car will be better than my Sept 18 to 30 car, after all this is tesla.

Agreed. I'd prefer to wait until October as well. Also, 2022 model year, for whatever that's worth.

Reactions: feixingyuan
My SA's exact txt regarding getting an inventory car to be applied to my current order of an EDD of mid Dec.....

"Hi Marcus, If we convert your order to an inventory model we can not do any price adjustments and those models are at the current price book. so the 5k price increase would apply.
So why would they have an inventory car - exactly as you built/ordered and yet have not yet built your car ordered months ago? The ONLY reason I can think, is they believe there are people out there that will pay the "extra" $5k or whatever to get it now - instead of waiting??? Hottest car on the market today is the Corvette C8. Thankfully GM does not play those games and mine is being built in 3 weeks - they give a TPW - target production week - with a number of "event" codes to tell you exactly what stage your car is in. Tesla makes good cars - sad it is still amateur hour buying one.

You are really getting screwed. Did you make any changes to your order since the initial date? Who knows what is causing some of these delays. But I was told expect end of quarter. Back in March, June, and now Sept. And if it’s delayed past 9/30 I’d bet I’m looking at a late Dec delivery.
talking about quarter push when does the quarter end for Tesla?

So why would they have an inventory car - exactly as you built/ordered and yet have not yet built your car ordered months ago? The ONLY reason I can think, is they believe there are people out there that will pay the "extra" $5k or whatever to get it now - instead of waiting??? Hottest car on the market today is the Corvette C8. Thankfully GM does not play those games and mine is being built in 3 weeks - they give a TPW - target production week - with a number of "event" codes to tell you exactly what stage your car is in. Tesla makes good cars - sad it is still amateur hour buying one.

Well my SA called me to discuss it buy said that those inventory cars "will be offered to folks with existing orders" at which point I called BS
and said if that was the case why were they for PUBLIC SALE that anyone could buy! It made so sense. His retort was that there was nothing he
could do and he'd worked for Tesla for 4 years and that was policy.

Well my SA called me to discuss it buy said that those inventory cars "will be offered to folks with existing orders" at which point I called BS
and said if that was the case why were they for PUBLIC SALE that anyone could buy! It made so sense. His retort was that there was nothing he
could do and he'd worked for Tesla for 4 years and that was policy.

Being hopelessly unpredictable is merely incompetent. This, on the other hand, is pure madness. ...Sure, I can see the advantage of dampening the ebay hustler market. But doing so at the expense of (often loyal) customers who've been waiting for months already? Absolutely infuriating.

Reactions: feixingyuan
Being hopelessly unpredictable is merely incompetent. This, on the other hand, is pure madness. ...Sure, I can see the advantage of dampening the ebay hustler market. But doing so at the expense of (often loyal) customers who've been waiting for months already? Absolutely infuriating.
Thats exactly what I told him - no other company on Earth could get away with BS like this - let alone a car company with people waiting in the wings
to hand over 100K+ of their hard earned money. Wacky.

Thats exactly what I told him - no other company on Earth could get away with BS like this - let alone a car company with people waiting in the wings
to hand over 100K+ of their hard earned money. Wacky.
Worse than Wacky!! As I have previously posted, I had the good fortune to get hired many decades ago by a major corporation with the most superior corporate culture imaginable. Every customer was truly family as well as every employee which pays dividends forever. WIN/WIN for everyone!!

We all have hundreds if not thousands of opposite stories here at this company which should be out of business!! Am I wishing BAD on technogenius et all? You can bet your sweet "arse"!!

Reactions: Leojsayta
So I finally heard back via txt message from my SA about the possibility that if I found a "local" MS LR car in inventory that
I could take that car to be used to fulfill my order which is currently scheduled for mid December. I'd explained that there
was an identical configged car that had popped up early this morning and that I would've taken that one if I could. Not to
mention the fact that Tesla just released that car to the wild instead of fulfilling a current order with it. His reply "any changes
to your order config which would include taking an inventory car, would mean incurring the current price."

Talk about a first class crock of steaming bullshit. A joke is more like it.

I has some other follow up questions minutes after that initial conversation and never got a reply. Crickets. Pathetic really is all
I can say about how they treat customers spending 100k+ on a car.
Why im not waiting for mine anymore and placed a order for a EQS, I know ill have a equivalent loaner for service and they'll even pick it up and drop it off at my house.

Worse than Wacky!! As I have previously posted, I had the good fortune to get hired many decades ago by a major corporation with the most superior corporate culture imaginable. Every customer was truly family as well as every employee which pays dividends forever. WIN/WIN for everyone!!

We all have hundreds if not thousands of opposite stories here at this company which should be out of business!! Am I wishing BAD on technogenius et all? You can bet your sweet "arse"!!
So why did you order a car from them? And why don't you cancel it?

So why did you order a car from them? And why don't you cancel it?
I ordered my car the day of the refresh announcement knowing absolutely nothing about the way this company does business. I also was told to expect delivery within 1 month. I also knew nothing about QC or lack of and continue to be amazed by the thread identifying issues and recommended checklists before accepting delivery.

My EDD changed a dozen times with BLANK most often. I decided my BINGO date was October; after the BS email we all got, my October 13 - November 02 dates are holding. I also posted on one hand I'm hoping for a "perfect" car but on the other side, I'm hoping the car will have major gap, paint and several other obvious issues so I may just walk away. The latter is really what I'm hoping for; either way, I will NEVER purchase nor recommend this company to anyone except a hated foe...