Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So why did you order a car from them? And why don't you cancel it?
Because it is all about the car….. there is nothing like it so we toil until VINdication. Similar to how things are finding a contractor these days or other services. Demand (or desire) surpasses supply and some companies take advantage of it. TSLA is definitely the worst purchasing experience I have ever enjoyed 🥴

Because it is all about the car….. there is nothing like it so we toil until VINdication. Similar to how things are finding a contractor these days or other services. Demand (or desire) surpasses supply and some companies take advantage of it. TSLA is definitely the worst purchasing experience I have ever enjoyed 🥴
That last sentence makes absolutely zero perfect sense lol

• Funny
Reactions: NkemMD and cwanja
I just got my vin today but was also planning on changing interior colors from blk/cf to cream/cf after just seeing pics of it for the 1st time yesterday. Do I have any recourse since I just received the vin today or do I have to cancel, lose the $100 and reorder? Thx.

Why im not waiting for mine anymore and placed a order for a EQS, I know ill have a equivalent loaner for service and they'll even pick it up and drop it off at my house.
Would have done the same, but not EQS. Would have ordered the Lucid if it weren't for end of 2021 availability. Likely my last tesla with so many good choices in the yrs to come and also better charging infrastructure... Hopefully. Musk better be careful and not too arrogant, if that's even possible

I just got my vin today but was also planning on changing interior colors from blk/cf to cream/cf after just seeing pics of it for the 1st time yesterday. Do I have any recourse since I just received the vin today or do I have to cancel, lose the $100 and reorder? Thx.
I'm not sure what your order history is. Depending upon your order date, you may have to also pay the new (higher) price.

In addition to what JeffR said, you might also get pushed in delivery. Not sure when that configuration would be made next. So that adds some unpredictability to things.

Curious what people think regarding EOQ. Do you all think there will be "inventory" for a EOQ push and many folks will be either be getting their build or able to "match" with something they would accept? Or No EOQ push due to limited / low inventory??
There will definitely be an EOQ push. May not be a huge amount of inventory but there wasn’t much at the end of June and quite a few people on this forum had one fall into their lap. Probably more Plaids available than LRs and cars with 21s too. It’s all about the benjamins with these guys.

I GOT A VIN!! Any way to decode this to see "born on" date?

2021 Model S VIN_redacted.png

I ordered my car the day of the refresh announcement knowing absolutely nothing about the way this company does business. I also was told to expect delivery within 1 month. I also knew nothing about QC or lack of and continue to be amazed by the thread identifying issues and recommended checklists before accepting delivery.

My EDD changed a dozen times with BLANK most often. I decided my BINGO date was October; after the BS email we all got, my October 13 - November 02 dates are holding. I also posted on one hand I'm hoping for a "perfect" car but on the other side, I'm hoping the car will have major gap, paint and several other obvious issues so I may just walk away. The latter is really what I'm hoping for; either way, I will NEVER purchase nor recommend this company to anyone except a hated foe...
For what it’s worth I’m in Florida also and EDD has held in place for over a week.

Reactions: feixingyuan
I posted this on the main page but thought it more appropriate for those getting their LR. Not to detract from the Plaid, but I have zero regrets going LR. It has been a great vehicle and would do it again in a heartbeat.

To sound cliche, it is worth the wait.

For what it’s worth I’m in Florida also and EDD has held in place for over a week.
Thx; my EDD of Oct. 13 - Nov. 02 continues to hold as well. If it does AND my car has [very] few to no minor defects I shall accept delivery and hope to learn the technology and enjoy what is supposed to be an amazing car. Not meaning to be negative; however, should the car have major defects as many have stated and/or my current EDD returns to BLANK as has happened several times the past 8 months, I'm OUT!! Enough is enough! I purchased and installed the wall connector which I will eat and the 2 NEMA adapters and wheel locks will be donated to a Tesla owner. I've given this company many opportunities to right all their wrongs and they have failed miserably. THE END...

Reactions: Leojsayta