Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not doubting anything you said; was it a local rep that stated "normal" or corporate? If corporate, I would never buy another Toyota and write some letters. Either way, I would NOT accept delivery.
It's only "normal" when customers put up with it. Toyota probably sees the crap that Tesla gets away with and is just following suit?

Thanks. A few years ago I took delivery in Q4 but was contingent upon getting the upcoming model year VIN and Tesla made that happen. I didn't know if they have walked back this accommodation.
We’re still in Q3. Tesla has made EOQ and EOY
accommodations in the past, when it is trying to sell product. Typically, it has offered free super charging for a period of time. Since demand outstrips production right now, my educated guess is that we are unlikely to see any accommodations this time around.
Hey all,
Got home delivery of my LR Thursday night as scheduled. Was crazy arranging financing on 24hr notice but got it done. Highly recommend Stanford FCU if anyone's interested. They are one a few preferred lenders for Tesla so they move very quick and the bank wires the funds directly to Tesla in the background so all you need is the approval email for Tesla to release the car. Got the account opened and loan approved in just over 24hrs.
I'll do a longer write-up of the car in another post, but quick question - how do I report any issues coming out of my inspection of the car? Have a few and also missing the trunk pieces and floor mats like everyone else. Want to get those logged before I put 100 miles on the odometer.
There appears to be a misperception that issues with your new Model S need to be reported within 100 miles. That is true if you want to turn the vehicle back into Tesla and reject it. 100 miles also applies to any “questionable” damage. Most everything will be covered by Tesla under warranty. The issue you may have after 100 miles is that if you claim something came damaged from the factory and Tesla feels the damage occurred afterwards, you may be charged for repair.

Hey all,
Got home delivery of my LR Thursday night as scheduled. Was crazy arranging financing on 24hr notice but got it done. Highly recommend Stanford FCU if anyone's interested. They are one a few preferred lenders for Tesla so they move very quick and the bank wires the funds directly to Tesla in the background so all you need is the approval email for Tesla to release the car. Got the account opened and loan approved in just over 24hrs.
I'll do a longer write-up of the car in another post, but quick question - how do I report any issues coming out of my inspection of the car? Have a few and also missing the trunk pieces and floor mats like everyone else. Want to get those logged before I put 100 miles on the odometer.
What rate did you get with them and did they have any mandatory requirements like moving your direct deposit with them?

Not doubting anything you said; was it a local rep that stated "normal" or corporate? If corporate, I would never buy another Toyota and write some letters. Either way, I would NOT accept delivery.
The dealer claimed the denial was Toyota’s (corporate) response to the warranty claim and they were siding with toyota (not covering it themselves)

unfortunately it’s the type of stuff you don’t see until your really looking at it (in this case while I was paint correcting/ceramic coating it) which is far past “rejecting delivery” especially with a legacy automaker

Been busy testing her out. Yeah and I don’t know man came with almost 0 flaws yes driver side door doesn’t latch good paint job is flawless though. Have the worm in the steering wheel but I don’t ever notice it so none issue. The charge is awesome 25 minutes from 3% to 80% on the 250 kWh chargers. No trunk mat but I could give a crap less about that it’s way too much fun driving the car. The wait was 1000 times worth it, I’d do it over again in a heartbeat if I had to
your last sentence warms my heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danlbrau
It's only "normal" when customers put up with it. Toyota probably sees the crap that Tesla gets away with and is just following suit?
Could be; I suspect it was a very rare one-off. I also suspect other manufacturers are shocked and amazed just how poorly Tesla treats it's customers and I doubt ANY other manufacturer wants to earn Tesla's reputation offering the worst possible experience imaginable. I personally am amazed Tesla's customers put up with this garbage.

As I posted yesterday, had I any idea (prior to placing my LR order) the way Tesla operates, I never would have ordered regardless of just how cool the product may be. If my delivery day ever happens, I hope for no to very few issues; should the games continue, I shall not accept delivery! Either way - a great product that I enjoy or a product I reject, for any of a dozen VALID reasons, I shall not be back. I cherish honest companies that take great pride in earning and maintaining a superior corporate culture and choose to spend my hard earned money to help them maintain the "high road".

Reactions: McQ14
I stopped by the Alpharetta Georgia Service Center and they had a red and a grey car with 19s. Both had all-season Continental Tires. I was happy since I have a LR on order. Hopefully this is a trend.
tempImagekIOLt0.jpg

tempImagemZtC7W.jpg

Maybe I’m alone here but I’ll be frustrated if it doesn’t come with P zeros
I'm as guilty as all others that placed my order without knowing just what I was getting. I changed my order from 18" to 21". I did consider the pros and cons of both but made my decision solely on looks because IMHO the silver 19" were FUGLY. Had I ordered the 19" and lived in a cold weather climate and received summer tires, I'd be pissed; however, the blame would go to me, simply because I ordered without checking if I had any options. I usually do my homework in advance. I admit to my many mistakes. Being a Tesla customer may just be one of my biggest mistakes?!!?

The problem in Atlanta is that in the winter many days begin with temperatures well below 45 degrees and sometimes below freezing. Then what?
I lived and worked out of Hartsfield for decades. If a wx report states "possible flurries", Kroger shelves went empty rapidly. I'll never forget the -20° few days in '84?? Yes, very cold is very rare; nonetheless, 45° and below is definitely do-able...

What rate did you get with them and did they have any mandatory requirements like moving your direct deposit with them?
2.49% base rate and you can get up to another 1.0% reduction. 0.5% for signing up direct deposit ($500 min a month) and another 0.5% if you either 1) pay 25% or more in down-payment on the car or 2) do other things to qualify for their Ambassador level membership. Im direct depositing just enough so that my loan payment can come out of this checking account. So I don't feel like I'm just parking cash in it.

See below link for details: