Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably too personal, so apologies in advance - exactly what was done to the car? PPF, CERAMIC, TINT, etc. APPROXIMATE cost for each?? Thx..
So, I’ll attach the invoice. I probably paid too much, but this was my retirement gift to myself. I had never done tint/PPF/ceramic on any other vehicle before. But after reading about wide stance and chipping on the refresh MS I decided to bite the bullet and get full PPF. That’s obviously the big expense. I plan to keep the car for 10 years. The place I chose had really good reviews, and at least at pick up I can say the car is stunning.

I figured I saved $4,500 by not ordering 21”, and my car is worth $12,000 more now than the day I picked it up ($2K pre-refresh discount, plus I avoided the two $5K increases). In 10 years I realize this won’t even matter! Lol.
My plan had been to powder coat the wheels, but I didn’t have that done yet, because I’m getting the AS 19” tires installed later this month. Now I’m thinking of ditching that for aftermarket wheels.

Long answer, sorry. 😀

Moderator note: Invoice attachments deleted by poster's request.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I’ll attach the invoice. I probably paid too much, but this was my retirement gift to myself. I had never done tint/PPF/ceramic on any other vehicle before. But after reading about wide stance and chipping on the refresh MS I decided to bite the bullet and get full PPF. That’s obviously the big expense. I plan to keep the car for 10 years. The place I chose had really good reviews, and at least at pick up I can say the car is stunning.

I figured I saved $4,500 by not ordering 21”, and my car is worth $12,000 more now than the day I picked it up ($2K pre-refresh discount, plus I avoided the two $5K increases). In 10 years I realize this won’t even matter! Lol.
My plan had been to powder coat the wheels, but I didn’t have that done yet, because I’m getting the AS 19” tires installed later this month. Now I’m thinking of ditching that for aftermarket wheels.

Long answer, sorry. 😀
I again apologize for asking what I did; you came thru and helped me tremendously!! I'm new to this "game" as well and very undecided as far as what if anything should I have done, what price is reasonable, what can I justify, yada, yada. I have a lot better idea now, thanks to you and the next beer(s) (plural) + dinner is on me whenever we all meet up!!

Many thanks again!!!!!

Long answer, sorry. 😀
Don’t think you really need ceramic on top of Kavaca PPF. It’s already infused.

Has anyone who has a September delivery date but with no VIN tried calling their SA and asking what their "Forecasted Factory Gate Date" said? My dates have been pretty locked into September for the past month or so but their systems have said "October" for the "Forecasted Factory Gate Date" that whole time. Seems odd that my date would be showing as earlier than what they see internally

Attachments

• 1631401724267.png
    1631401724267.png
    667.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Informative
Reactions: SegSeg
Don’t think you really need ceramic on top of Kavaca PPF. It’s already infused.
The nano ceramic is built into the topcoat. Its not a coating the way you think it is. What is usually a urethane-only topcoat, is now a nano-ceramic infused urethane. We still recommend topping the PPF, regardless of if it is ceramic top coated, to provide some extra protection. PPF is softer than vehicle clear coat, not to mention it's going to jump again significantly in gloss. So, doing everything that you can to protect the PPF, is genuinely a good idea.

Source: Am an installer for most of the major brands - STEK, SunTek (3m/LLUMAR), Ceramic Pro - this rule runs true across all manufacturers.

The nano ceramic is built into the topcoat. Its not a coating the way you think it is. What is usually a urethane-only topcoat, is now a nano-ceramic infused urethane. We still recommend topping the PPF, regardless of if it is ceramic top coated, to provide some extra protection. PPF is softer than vehicle clear coat, not to mention it's going to jump again significantly in gloss. So, doing everything that you can to protect the PPF, is genuinely a good idea.
So now we are protecting the protection?🤣

Hey all,
Got home delivery of my LR Thursday night as scheduled. Was crazy arranging financing on 24hr notice but got it done. Highly recommend Stanford FCU if anyone's interested. They are one a few preferred lenders for Tesla so they move very quick and the bank wires the funds directly to Tesla in the background so all you need is the approval email for Tesla to release the car. Got the account opened and loan approved in just over 24hrs.
I'll do a longer write-up of the car in another post, but quick question - how do I report any issues coming out of my inspection of the car? Have a few and also missing the trunk pieces and floor mats like everyone else. Want to get those logged before I put 100 miles on the odometer.
Thanks for the info. Looking to go with Stanford CU as well

Hey all,
Got home delivery of my LR Thursday night as scheduled. Was crazy arranging financing on 24hr notice but got it done. Highly recommend Stanford FCU if anyone's interested. They are one a few preferred lenders for Tesla so they move very quick and the bank wires the funds directly to Tesla in the background so all you need is the approval email for Tesla to release the car. Got the account opened and loan approved in just over 24hrs.
I'll do a longer write-up of the car in another post, but quick question - how do I report any issues coming out of my inspection of the car? Have a few and also missing the trunk pieces and floor mats like everyone else. Want to get those logged before I put 100 miles on the odometer.
I agree. Stanford FCU has been lovely to work with in getting financing set up for my order. Very quick turnaround & no hoops to jump since they work closely with Tesla.

There’s another thread on Stanford FCU but their 1.49% rate is relatively easy to obtain.

For issues with your car you can send pics by requesting a service appointment on the Tesla app. That’s what I’ve been doing.