Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a slight EDD shift to
MSLR/SB/Cream/19/FSD, ordered May 2021, RN1149 - woke up to VIN and edd sept 25-30. Yesterday was 11/9-11/25. Based in Orlando

First Tesla…so now to try to understand the lengthy inspection list that I’m supposed to follow.
The one common denominator I’ve noticed is when an EDD starts narrowing and gets down to a few days like yours a VIN is imminent. Good luck!

The one common denominator I’ve noticed is when an EDD starts narrowing and gets down to a few days like yours a VIN is imminent. Good luck!
Not true, I was down to a 6 day spread for about 10 days. Now I'm back to a 20 day spread 6 weeks out. There is no pattern.

Actually I just looked and I was down to a 2 day spread for 3 days back in Aug.

• Informative
Reactions: planetary
I reached out to my delivery center to see when we can schedule delivery. They said that since it’s just leaving the factory, I can expect to schedule a week from today (for sometime two weeks or so out from today). They said not to expect it till the end of the month, which matches the EDD of 25-30.
Good luck! Mine was 12 days from VIN to pick up.

I had similar fluctuations to December for a few days and then November up till this morning. I wonder if the EOQ push is hitting Florida…I wouldn’t be surprised if things change quick for you.
Ordered mine in May as well. Had a December EDD for a long time. It’s been blank for quite a while. FWIW spoke to an SA yesterday (after an hour hold) who was adamant that April/May orders were all getting VINs and I would be getting one imminently. Wondering if others have heard this. Of course I don’t really believe it but it creates a glimmer of hope.

Ordered mine in May as well. Had a December EDD for a long time. It’s been blank for quite a while. FWIW spoke to an SA yesterday (after an hour hold) who was adamant that April/May orders were all getting VINs and I would be getting one imminently. Wondering if others have heard this. Of course I don’t really believe it but it creates a glimmer of hope.
Only a 1 hour hold is not at all bad, considering SA's are oh so knowledgeable, flowing with factual information and always eager to share with us, Tesla customers that they cherish as family. Additionally, your SA was again correct (as always), stating "April/May orders were all getting VINs"....................one day...

I'd say more, but Happy Hour is about to start in 6 minutes (somewhere).

Ganbei,

feixingyuan (an Elon fanboy, NOT)

Reactions: cascadilla
Same dates as mine. Was Sept 18-30 for 3 weeks, then 12-29 for 2 days, now 16-30. SA said Oct. Rather wait extra month for a well built one than a crappy one at EoQ

1148, Red black 19.
I feel ya. I'm really nervous about the quality of this car. I'm ready, willing, and able to say "no" to a crappy build, if that's what they present me with.

That being said, based on what I've heard, I've got nothing to worry about. Sure, there are people that are very vocal about the issues they're dealing with; but, there are a lot of people that have posted once after delivery, raving about the car too. I have to imagine that a lot of folks actually did get really good builds.

Plus: I've been really carefully scrutinizing my current Acura, based on what I've heard about Tesla build quality, and I've noticed issues that I never picked up on before - in a supposedly reliable, well-built car!

B
I feel ya. I'm really nervous about the quality of this car. I'm ready, willing, and able to say "no" to a crappy build, if that's what they present me with.

That being said, based on what I've heard, I've got nothing to worry about. Sure, there are people that are very vocal about the issues they're dealing with; but, there are a lot of people that have posted once after delivery, raving about the car too. I have to imagine that a lot of folks actually did get really good builds.
Respectfully, we are paying for and expect really good builds. Many have received less. I too am very worried about the quality of this car and I will for sure walk away from a crappy build regardless of promises to correct issues. IF YOU DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND EVERY TIME you may expect very happy customers. YES, I am looking forward to enjoying this car and learning the benefits of transition from ICE to state of the art technology.

Plus: I've been really carefully scrutinizing my current Acura, based on what I've heard about Tesla build quality, and I've noticed issues that I never picked up on before - in a supposedly reliable, well-built car!
P.S. off topic Mr. Piper Arrow - my 1st solo was in a Cub costing me $8.00/hour, with fuel and instructor (1965)

I’m a January order and my SA said a Sept delivery was unlikely. And my config doesn’t appear to be supply constrained and I’m a Fremont factory direct pickup so it’s not a transportation issue. It’s possible since he’s told me a dozen times it was coming “soon” he’s learned to under promise and over deliver, but I’m not holding my breath.

Reactions: Gaskinse and cwanja
P.S. off topic Mr. Piper Arrow - my 1st solo was in a Cub costing me $8.00/hour, with fuel and instructor (1965)
Eyy, nice. I have to admit, I'm definitely not brand loyal to Piper. But the Arrow is quite the machine. I do hope to move to a Diamond in a couple years though, unless I catch the multi-engine bug!

$8/hr though... that's BONKERS to me.

7 PLAIDs up for grabs most of them are white with black interior.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla (Zip:94402)
Nationwide there are 27.
1631638354591.png

Reactions: cwanja
While I've not been posting about my progress, I don't think it makes anyone happy to see the constant changes, I'm sure their production control system must be wacky to work with- I suspect our EDDs are somehow just hooked into the PC forecasts. I think as Plaid orders come in LR orders probably get pushed out. But I have no proof of that. FWIW, I ordered in June right after the first deliveries- I'm still not keen about the Yoke, but I think I can make it work, The 400 mile range is what is what made me make the move. Stopping to charge only a couple of times a day on a road trip is attractive.

My EDD was "Oct" for a few weeks right after I ordered,- then blank for a while, then Sept 24-30 for a couple of days, then back to "Oct" then for 10 days ending yesterday it was back to Sept 24-30 and as of yesterday it's Oct 22-Nov 11. So I guess EOQ is filled with Plaids- and not LR's I certainly don't expect my new LR before Nov now- maybe even Dec. BTW- its LR- MC Red / Black / Walnut 19's No FSD. I'm going to sell my 2014 non-AP MC Red S when the new car arrives, but not before. That way I won't be disappointed as much with the delay.

I think people find stuff because of the Tesla rep and people are looking closely.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
MSLR/SB/Cream/19/FSD, ordered May 2021, RN1149 - woke up to VIN and edd sept 25-30. Yesterday was 11/9-11/25. Based in Orlando

First Tesla…so now to try to understand the lengthy inspection list that I’m supposed to follow.
Me too. For my previous cars, I did quick inspection just looking for obvious things (dents and scratches) but never had a checklist before. Does everyone picking up at Teslas have checklists now?

The no checklist approach is not so great. With other cars, I noticed issues afterwards some of which I decided to live with (oddly enough panel gaps and interior fitment issues which I will now be eagle eyed in checking out/ Teslas get no break from anyone on these because of how publicized they are).

The one car I did get fixed post-delivery was a MB because my cursory inspection was at night and I missed a significant scratch on the bumper and a scratch on the rear seat. My MB experience is actually a plus for Tesla because the reason I had to do my pick up inspection in the dark was because I spent all day negotiating the price and then saying no about 1000 times to the Finance/ extended warranty salesperson.

Not having to deal with a Car salesperson or a Finance "sales" person is a first for me.