Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, there is no 240V adapter included with purchases any more. Stopped in 2018 or early 2019. You have to (re)purchase or retain your old adapter. You still get a mobile charger (and J1772 adapter), but it is just the standard US 120V adapter with the mobile charger.
Noob Q. (Yes, another one!). Do we need an adapter for supercharger?

• Funny
Reactions: scrapps and cwanja
Wait. Do you mean that when we pick up our new Model S, it won’t come with a 240V charging cord? Like the one that came with my Model 3? Asking because I’m selling my Model 3 in order to help pay for the S. And if my car doesn’t come with a 240V charging cord I may need to keep the one I’ve got. Which may be a problem for the people (or Carvana) buying my M3.
My 3 didnt come with the adapter. It only came with 110v adapter. I had to pay. Bought mine in 2019 December

Reactions: McQ14 and cwanja
Got my VIN! As an additional data point, my EDD shortened this morning to 9/16-9/23, and a few hours later I got an email requesting payment, and when I checked my account VIN was there. I’m a Fremont factory direct and don’t have an appointment yet.
1631680244192.jpeg

I know I’m outraged. But the only way Tesla is going to care is when I switch to a Porsche or a Rivian.
Funny you mention that. It’s not an EV but I had to buy a Macan after waiting since January, and put a deposit down on a Lucid Air Grand Touring a few days ago. Depending on how Lucid comes through, my soon to arrive MSLR may end up the wife’s car. Sad Tesla forced long time loyal customers to try the competition, but that’s what they are doing.

Got my VIN! As an additional data point, my EDD shortened this morning to 9/16-9/23, and a few hours later I got an email requesting payment, and when I checked my account VIN was there. I’m a Fremont factory direct and don’t have an appointment yet.
View attachment 709466

Are the last 4 digits after MF the car number produced from the factory? Mine is MF4420.

Last edited:
View attachment 709466
Congrats!!!! Refreshing 100+ times does work :) Happy for you!

Ordered mine in May as well. Had a December EDD for a long time. It’s been blank for quite a while. FWIW spoke to an SA yesterday (after an hour hold) who was adamant that April/May orders were all getting VINs and I would be getting one imminently. Wondering if others have heard this. Of course I don’t really believe it but it creates a glimmer of hope.
Good luck with that, I know there’s still a handful of us Jan/Feb orders waiting for vins with sliding EDD scales
View attachment 709466

Congrats! I got pushed back to Sept 16-30 again, at least some of us from the first quarter ordering queue are getting wrapped up.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Correct, there is no 240V adapter included with purchases any more. Stopped in 2018 or early 2019. You have to (re)purchase or retain your old adapter. You still get a mobile charger (and J1772 adapter), but it is just the standard US 120V adapter with the mobile charger.
Wow! I hadn’t heard this before. My M3 is a December 2018 purchase and it came with the 240, so they must have stopped shortly after that. Thanks for the info!

View attachment 709466
Will be very curious to see if that M changes to a capital N next month