Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep us updated. Its needed info on my end to acquire. I will be out of country end of november until march so really hoping the 26-nov15 timeline hits but im in some weird black 19 crm fsd hell hole. I have been told you can delay your order so you do not have to cancel but that was from someone on this forum discussing a 2018 order so not sure if that process has changed at all. Im hoping I don't have to cancel while i'm away as Im not going to buy the new one with the price increase which is 10k higher than when I placed the order in f'n Feb.

I would assume if you cant make delivery then it stays and if for some reason someone else wants that config then you have to wait until a similar build is back to that SC. With the hope you can just keep delaying order until ready. I mean some people here are still waiting a year plus because they bought pre price hike and will bring in less revenue for tesla thus pushed to back of line. You think you would be able to delay delivery when they delay delivering 12+ months

good luck
I’m also worried since I’m supposed to be the EOQ4 and I know they’ll want to deliver as many as possible before 12/31 so I don’t think they’ll be very inclined to hold it longer then usual for me, especially if that means a 1/1/22+ delivery date. I was originally supposed to be 12/1-12/21, but also have international travel plans the beginning of December. I sent this to my SA, and then got bumped to the current 12/13-12/31 range. Maybe he has more input than we think? Hoping things work out!

Took delivery of the car today, and I’m actually really impressed with the build quality. They must have made some changes since the end of quarter push, or I have a great copy. I brought the checklist of all the issues to look out for and nothing came up!

The power on the long range is pretty extraordinary. We are coming from a 2018 75d that I drive hard and my wife doesn’t even flinch. I did a 0-100mph run and she actually screamed. The difference in power makes our 75d seem like a Honda Accord, with a huge bump in high end power. I’m really glad I went LR and not plaid.

If anyone in LA wants a ride to hold them over the long wait, I’m happy to meet up.

Took delivery of the car today, and I’m actually really impressed with the build quality. They must have made some changes since the end of quarter push, or I have a great copy. I brought the checklist of all the issues to look out for and nothing came up!

The power on the long range is pretty extraordinary. We are coming from a 2018 75d that I drive hard and my wife doesn’t even flinch. I did a 0-100mph run and she actually screamed. The difference in power makes our 75d seem like a Honda Accord, with a huge bump in high end power. I’m really glad I went LR and not plaid.

If anyone in LA wants a ride to hold them over the long wait, I’m happy to meet up.
Look forward to seeing pictures! Did you use the inspection checklist? Any QC issues before signing?

Reactions: Woodchuck

pics....pics...pics!

Reactions: Woodchuck

congrats again! it is awesome that even MSLR can beat 99% of cars on the road, I was seriously thinking of going for Plaid but couldn't justify for the extra 50k. Enjoy the car!

I was expecting to get my car in December, but I received a VIN this morning and they want me to pick it up next week. However it’s an older VIN, MF430XXX. I ordered in July. I’m not sure that I want a reject or a car that’s a few months old. ???
There is a few 430 VINs from July and August. No issues to report. Wonder if this is an older car that was rejected and repaired. As the SA for details why it is so old.

If you were in MN, I would totally take you up on that. I've never even driven/ridden in a Tesla haha. Congrats on the car!!

And speculation is that it's software restricted... If that's the case, a "performance upgrade" package later wouldn't surprise me at all.
Totally agree. A few months after I bought my 2017 S 75D new, Tesla offered to "uncork" it with a software update, shaving some time off 0-60. Would not be surprised if they do the same with the SLR. Frankly, IMO, the MSLR should be faster than the M3P. Current 0-60 on each of them is listed as the same. Would like to see the MSLR under 3.0

Totally agree. A few months after I bought my 2017 S 75D new, Tesla offered to "uncork" it with a software update, shaving some time off 0-60. Would not be surprised if they do the same with the SLR. Frankly, IMO, the MSLR should be faster than the M3P. Current 0-60 on each of them is listed as the same. Would like to see the MSLR under 3.0
There are a couple side by side videos going around, they are similar 0-60 but basically immediately after 60 the MS blasts away from the M3P. MS will do the quarter mile ~0.5 seconds faster which is also at estimate to how much faster at the top end it is.

Also it to mention that the MS will keep holding the same performance as charge goes down whereas M3P starts suffering performance loss quickly.

And speculation is that it's software restricted... If that's the case, a "performance upgrade" package later wouldn't surprise me at all.
I believe MSLR doesn't have carbon sleeve rotors like Plaid does? I couldn't confirm that from online sources but if that's true then there is a performance difference caused by hardware difference which can't be unlock/overcome with software update

I believe MSLR doesn't have carbon sleeve rotors like Plaid does? I couldn't confirm that from online sources but if that's true then there is a performance difference caused by hardware difference which can't be unlock/overcome with software update
There’s some rumors they could. Part numbers are different, but that could only be to designate a LR for some reason. But no one is taking apart their LR. Check out @Tex EV YouTube channel. He tore down both his Plaid and LR and did some comparisons.

Reactions: optimus_prime
There is a few 430 VINs from July and August. No issues to report. Wonder if this is an older car that was rejected and repaired. As the SA for details why it is so old.
I called Tesla and spoke with a lady in South Florida. The car assigned to me, MF430XXX, was built on May 10th. Three blue MS are coming to Orlando. Two are Plaids and one is showing a damage disclosure. Evidently Tesla has added some Plaids to inventory today.

If you are looking for a Plaid, try calling Tesla in your area for availability. They don't show up on the web site yet.

I guess that I will wait and look at my May build, but I may refuse it. I haven't spoken to my actual sales advisor yet.

I called Tesla and spoke with a lady in South Florida. The car assigned to me, MF430XXX, was built on May 10th. Three blue MS are coming to Orlando. Two are Plaids and one is showing a damage disclosure. Evidently Tesla has added some Plaids to inventory today.

If you are looking for a Plaid, try calling Tesla in your area for availability. They don't show up on the web site yet.

I guess that I will wait and look at my May build, but I may refuse it. I haven't spoken to my actual sales advisor yet.
It seems that Tesla may have produced cars that weren't complete due to a supply shortage...or possibly just car sales that didn't go thru? Would that be the reason for May 2021 builds just landing at the delivery centers in October?

Reactions: Pdubs