Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1149 here and been holding steady for weeks at Dec 12-31st. Really really hoping they under promise and over deliver at this point. Ready for this car..

I would think with that number you'd get it at that or earlier, but at this point it is all guesses it seems. My RN1157 is showing January, so one would assume you'll get yours much, much, sooner. Tesla deliveries are wild man

So, I’m now in my third delivery window, this time 10/20-11/9. This is for a 1/27 OD RN144 MSM Black 19s No FSD. Anyone want to guess what the over-under is on me receiving a car sometime in this window? I’m not holding my breath. I do feel like I have the ”privilege” of being one of the earlier orders that is still getting screwed over by Tesla’s delivery “system.”
Exactly same config. Early april order. Looking at Dec (in Chicago area though). looking at VINs for much later orders is not fun....happy for them but feeling screwed over for sure..... Hope ours gets made in nov with 2022 vin

Last edited:
Sir, the GM system you described is absolutely awesome, the way it should be and can be - Tesla is the exact opposite; why? Tesla, with genius employees can turn out many incredible products few other companies are capable of, so with a wee bit of effort, they can surpass the GM system, if they want to. They most obviously do NOT...
Yes. I have custom ordered 4 Corvettes actually picked 1 up at the factory. Once your order has been accepted by GM it is pretty straightforward. You can get weekly updates on status. Once it reaches event code 3400 everything is pretty much locked in and you get a TPW - which is very accurate. The car is built to your specs - which has substantially more options then any Tesla. 12 exterior colors, half a dozen + interior, 3 types of seats, different color seatbelts, interior threads etc. They build it exactly how you want and no one is calling to ask if you want to change something to get faster delivery. Given the limited options it should be really easy for Tesla to build what you want in an orderly fashion with a reasonable timeframe.

You do know you are buying something from Tesla, right?
Yep. that is why I continue to wait for my over promised under delivered vehicle. As noted by others just above, some have waited much longer than me. I am just hoping that maybe I will get lucky here as I continue to shift my excitement as the EDD get's pushed out further and further. Hoping that the EDD guestimator gives me some love.

Started with Mid May order initially promised a EDD of September which I knew was a long shot from the start. It has shifted more times than I can count with a possible delivery two week window in July (no vin). it has been as far as January of 2022 and literally everything in between. Now currently holding at December 12th-31st which per this thread many have. The dates they show mean literally nothing until you get a Vin# and even then it is still not guaranteed.

I am merely whining with everyone else. Just wish Tesla would be more consistent with it's deliveries and EDD. We have been down to one car since July. They clearly have a suburb product that everyone is clamoring to get (including me). They CAN do better with communication but in reality they are owning all of us with the games they continue to play. It is working just as they want. we are all still here waiting for our car to arrive at some point. Tesla 1 consumer 0.

One day this may catch up to them....For now I will keep mostly patiently waiting.

Screenshot_20211021-044209_2.png

EDD is finally showing up on Android! RN1150 for reference

Yep. that is why I continue to wait for my over promised under delivered vehicle. As noted by others just above, some have waited much longer than me. I am just hoping that maybe I will get lucky here as I continue to shift my excitement as the EDD get's pushed out further and further. Hoping that the EDD guestimator gives me some love.

Started with Mid May order initially promised a EDD of September which I knew was a long shot from the start. It has shifted more times than I can count with a possible delivery two week window in July (no vin). it has been as far as January of 2022 and literally everything in between. Now currently holding at December 12th-31st which per this thread many have. The dates they show mean literally nothing until you get a Vin# and even then it is still not guaranteed.

I am merely whining with everyone else. Just wish Tesla would be more consistent with it's deliveries and EDD. We have been down to one car since July. They clearly have a suburb product that everyone is clamoring to get (including me). They CAN do better with communication but in reality they are owning all of us with the games they continue to play. It is working just as they want. we are all still here waiting for our car to arrive at some point. Tesla 1 consumer 0.

One day this may catch up to them....For now I will keep mostly patiently waiting.
Felt ur pain. My EDD follows pretty much the same pattern, ordered 7/2021 with 9/30 delivery, then Jan/2022, 11/16-12/15/2021, now 12/15-12/31/2021. Down to 2 cars since Sept. My backup plan would be a polestar 2 lease, more of a model 3 size, but they do have in stock (preconfigured)

Welcome to the Club looks like new pool of people will replace some of us here shortly.

Thank you! I'm on a number of car forums, but this is my first experience with an EV/Tesla. I'm definitely a sports/powerful cars enthusiast and as a "car guy" I hate that I love Tesla so much. :p

Hope to learn a lot here.

Big difference however; unless a newb has had his/her head in the sand, they are very aware of [perhaps] realistic EDD vs. many of us that were told two to three weeks from the refresh announcement day...

Many of my friends/family have one, so definitely well aware of the challenges. I don't need this car right now so it'll be okay.

If you decided to pull the trigger for a Tesla, place the order now. I planned to order mine in April and placed the order in July after the price increased by 5k...if I ordered mine earlier I would've saved 5k AND probably got the car already 🥲

Yep, was deciding on color (probably gonna go red) and will do it this week. I'm way later than you haha. I could have saved $10K probably if I ordered months ago.

Reactions: Aleks0404