Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a "credit offer expired, resubmit your credit application" warning when I signed into my tsla account today. Just curious if it's gonna affect the delivery time? My EDD is still a month away (Dec 22-31).

I'm in the middle of a home mortgage application (funding in a few days). I guess I will have to resubmit tsla credit application after mortgage loan closing.
I would actually change it to “cash” to avoid additional hard credit pulls. My SA told me to choose “cash” and then they change it to financing after you get a VIN. That way, your credit offer doesnt expire because that dings your credit score. I’m currently showing cash, but have zero intention using my money when interest rates are below 2.50%

don’t do anything to jam up your mortgage application.

Not sure how she lied to me. She has been pretty open and honest every time I have contacted her, never made any false promises or anything. So not sure what you are getting at. But anyways I appreciate her staying in contact and always responding when I reach out.
I’m getting at the fact SA’s have zero ability to determine your build or delivery date. So if she gave you a window, a ballpark, whatever, it is pure conjecture (or a flat out lie).

I’m getting at the fact SA’s have zero ability to determine your build or delivery date. So if she gave you a window, a ballpark, whatever, it is pure conjecture (or a flat out lie).
I think they do have access to a build plan, at some stage. I’ve gotten similarly consistent answers from several Tesla reps at various stages of this journey. I just think the build plan tends to fluctuate without warning.

I would actually change it to “cash” to avoid additional hard credit pulls. My SA told me to choose “cash” and then they change it to financing after you get a VIN. That way, your credit offer doesnt expire because that dings your credit score. I’m currently showing cash, but have zero intention using my money when interest rates are below 2.50%

don’t do anything to jam up your mortgage application.
Awesome thx for the trick

Meanwhile I’m a June 1151 and I was just pushed to 2/3-3/3 from prior 1/7-2/5 that has held for several weeks. Great…
Well, cheer up. I'm a June 1151 too and have never, ever, even for a moment, had an EDD. I'm in a black hole with just a RN. I take heart from reading the progress of the rest of you and hope for a "pop-up" surprise when the other 1151s get close to delivered.

I got tired of the EDD games so I decided to call my SA. Low and behold there were some LR available in southern California and he matched me to a vin MF453XXX build date 10/20, White/Cream/21" OD 8/1/21. Caveat is you may have to be a bit flexible with color as I initially ordered MSM and there was only White, Black, or Blue. If you are flexible I would call at least a couple of times a week.
Useful tip and I know it works for some people, but if I'm giving them over $90K, I'm not the one who should have to be "flexible."

I'm simply in shock with this entire experience; I badly want to accept and love this product! The factual issues from day 1 and especially now at delivery make my experience rather unique, and not in a positive way. Cmon Tesla, just do the right thing! Is that asking too much? Thx for your reply!!
Just checking back in with you Captain. Is today the day ? I really hope you DO have a great experience and get what you paid for. It seems somewhat hit or miss between SC experience and vehicle quality. Mine had a couple of squawks and my SRS (airbag) light has been on for weeks awaiting a 11/6 appointment (and a failed at home repair attempt by mobile service) but I do LOVE the car !

Useful tip and I know it works for some people, but if I'm giving them over $90K, I'm not the one who should have to be "flexible."
One would have to be strongly favored in one direction. I made my trade off because I was good with it(originally torn between White and MSM). Since I was already on the fence this actually helped with my decision. And “you” don’t have to be flexible just wait in line and your firm choice will be delivered to you :)

Useful tip: Some things we hold our ground for and some we don’t. Everyone’s life and financial situation is different. It’s their choice and to each their own

I really need this wait to be over. My EDD hasn't budged in at least a month. Last night I actually dreamed I took delivery, and when I got home I noticed there was no left strut installed on the lift gate. They just missed it. WTF. THAT'S what my brain came up with?
Maybe your subconscious brain is looking for easy repairs instead of more difficult delivery acceptance choices like a bad paint job. 😁

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Just checking back in with you Captain. Is today the day ? I really hope you DO have a great experience and get what you paid for. It seems somewhat hit or miss between SC experience and vehicle quality. Mine had a couple of squawks and my SRS (airbag) light has been on for weeks awaiting a 11/6 appointment (and a failed at home repair attempt by mobile service) but I do LOVE the car !
Thx for thinking of me kind sir. I should have not been shocked by what I saw! Shame on these "blanks" for presenting this disastrous thing. Yes, today's the day and they already said the expected "it may very well be well within specs". Whose specs? ALL FLAWS?? Headed there in a couple hours and will keep you posted...thx again. Too many bad issues and they know it and usually just pass on it. Someone will surely grab it and I'll bet Mr. Elon et al just laugh at us and never fix a thing. I'm HOT!! LATER....

New to the forums figured I would give my order experience.
June order for the MS LR 19” wheels (white ext. with white/walnut interior) , original September delivery.
That pushed to November for a couple weeks and then February 22. I logged into my account a couple weeks ago to find it pushed up to December which was a nice surprise!
And then yesterday all of a sudden I get the email with VIN and asking to pay the full amount and delivery now shows 1-2 weeks away!
I certainly am happy about the delivery date being moved up but the lack of ability to give a more precise time frame has left me scrambling a bit to figure out some financing and get my wall charger installed!
Hopefully the car will have few if any flaws during the delivery process…

June order for the MS LR 19” wheels (white ext. with white/walnut interior) , original September delivery.
That pushed to November for a couple weeks and then February 22. I logged into my account a couple weeks ago to find it pushed up to December which was a nice surprise!
And then yesterday all of a sudden I get the email with VIN and asking to pay the full amount and delivery now shows 1-2 weeks away!
I certainly am happy about the delivery date being moved up but the lack of ability to give a more precise time frame has left me scrambling a bit to figure out some financing and get my wall charger installed!
Congrats on the VIN very exciting. Would you share please the 3 Digits after the MF of the VIN?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMacc and cwanja
Don't pay Tesla anything until you've inspected the car first! Use ACH transfer or cashiers check for deposit and/or pre-approval check on pickup day.

Reactions: roc-noc and cwanja
Also curious for the first three digits after MF in your VIN.

Reactions: Aleks0404