Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's hope you are right. And no, the change in July wouldn't have pushed my spot in line, at least not by much
I have to disagree with you. A friend of mine ordered his MSLR in late May. Changed the color in June. Now has the dame config as mine except 21”. He got put in the back of the cue as if it was a new order. I have a VIN and expect my car within the next to weeks. His EDD is March. He has always been tracking at least a couple months after me so I doubt it has anything to do with the 21s.

I have to disagree with you. A friend of mine ordered his MSLR in late May. Changed the color in June. Now has the dame config as mine except 21”. He got put in the back of the cue as if it was a new order. I have a VIN and expect my car within the next to weeks. His EDD is March. He has always been tracking at least a couple months after me so I doubt it has anything to do with the 21s.
That is what I heard from my SA when I placed the order back in July as well, any modification to the order will refresh the position in the waiting list which means any changes, even adding/removing FSD, will impact the delivery date.

Reactions: chrisdh79 and jm404
Oh man. I give up. My SA just texted me back. Seems that 21s are now the holdup, specifically the tires. I originally ordered 19s, but switched in July. Partly to try and get my car sooner (oh, the cruel irony!) but mostly because I don't like the 19s at all.

FML
Love the 19s on my black. 😄

1635794882558.jpeg

My EDD has been pretty much in line with those who ordered around the same time, actually.

Reactions: scrapps
At long last, I finally got a VIN. Of course the delivery is when I'll be on a business trip. It was a refreshed car too; MF453.

I have absolutely no one who could pick it up for me. So the question I have is if I unmatched my VIN, it looks like there are 2 options; next available (who knows when) and to push it 3 months. Anyone have experience with either of these option? I need to make a decision pretty quickly. My delivery dates are right in the middle of my trip. If they were toward the end or beginning I might have a bit of flexibility.

Any idea how much time I have to unmatch the VIN?

Let's hope you are right. And no, the change in July wouldn't have pushed my spot in line, at least not by much
Looking at your EDD and comparing it to mine, ordered late June, I’d say that change you made, was like a new order put in. That I don’t understand. I’ve been holding a steady 2 week window from mid to late November.

Seems like a “feature” of their system. A total head slapper

Reactions: EVTag and Btrflyl8e