Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
July order here. MS LR Blue/Cream. My EDD moved from Sep to Dec-Jan, and a few weeks ago it got revised to Nov 15-29. I got my VIN today, one business day before we would have gone into the range. MF in the VIN so I guess it's a 2021 from Fremont... is that good? I hope I didn't get one that was sitting on the lot for months, but based on the timing of the EDD change and then a VIN, I'm guessing that's not the case. New EDD range revised to 11/26-12/1, which I guess should be final.

The site is asking me to pay the balance before delivery, but I called up my local store (Orlando area) and they said it was OK to just bring a cashier's check the day of.

Excited to finally join the club! Hope there aren't quality issues I can't live with.

Glad to hear that! I’m also a July order MSLR Blue/Cream, EDD 28 Nov - 18 Dec. Looks like maybe they have a batch of Blue/Cream on the go, my number could come up soon!

Is your signature correct? Never an EDD?? That is very unusual for a June order.
Fitz, thank you for noticing. I've been to the nearest Tesla store and spoken to both my SA and Delivery Agent. All of them say there's nothing "wrong" with my account and I'm eligible for an EDD/car, but one has never appeared on my account. Others on this board have encouraged me I'm not the only one, but it still makes me uneasy.

Fitz, thank you for noticing. I've been to the nearest Tesla store and spoken to both my SA and Delivery Agent. All of them say there's nothing "wrong" with my account and I'm eligible for an EDD/car, but one has never appeared on my account. Others on this board have encouraged me I'm not the only one, but it still makes me uneasy.
Very odd. I’ve had an EDD since day 1 (a range of months, dates and ever changing EDDs). I’m also RN1151

This morning my window slid another 10 days to 11/22-12/10. Every time I get in the window it slides another 10 days. Really have no idea when I'll get the car.
Similar experience here. I’m super frustrated since I’ve been waiting 10 months for this car. I ordered on 1/27. MSM/19s/No FSD.

Basically every time I get into the window it slides back, usually by a couple days. I’ve had that happen three times already in November. But this morning I woke up to a bigger pushback. I had been sitting at Nov. 14-24 for the last five days and now my new EDD is Nov. 23-Dec 21. Super super frustrating. I’ve been in my EDD window probably about 10 times since I ordered this car. Argh! I’m going insane. Please help!

Just wonder how you switched back to finance/lease, do you have to call your SA?
yes, your SA will have to switch you. Tesla chat wasn't any help except relaying the information over to my SA. Though I had already emailed him. But he got to it later that day, account switched from pay in full to choose your payment option again. no change to VIN, EDD, except I'm missing my MVPA now. Not sure now where to wire money for the down payment. waiting on an answer from my SA now on that info.

Reactions: jackk and Pdubs
Very exciting seeing folks with order dates about 2 weeks before me getting VINs..makes me think I should hear something.....in about 2 weeks? Supposedly, Tesla applied for 2022 VIN on September 29, so about 60 days later is November 29 for 2022 to start. This close to the new model year, I hope they don't build my car till December 1st. Who am I kidding? Just build my car.

I just read that new model 3 and Y vehicles have been delivered without USB c ports or working inductive chargers after November 6th, due to parts shortages. I wonder if this will affect model S? One more thing to check at delivery.

Electrek.co: New Teslas delivered with surprise missing USB ports due to parts shortages.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
Hm just got this email. Still no vin though. Does this mean it’s coming soon?
1636843597653.png

For those of you set at cash for payment, then switched back to Tesla Financing, how long till the updated MVPA was issued?

Still waiting on mine to be updated but it's only been 3 days. I have approval again. everything is set. just waiting for the updated MVPA.
I called and they did it, showed up less than 5 minutes later with the updated info

Very exciting seeing folks with order dates about 2 weeks before me getting VINs..makes me think I should hear something.....in about 2 weeks? Supposedly, Tesla applied for 2022 VIN on September 29, so about 60 days later is November 29 for 2022 to start. This close to the new model year, I hope they don't build my car till December 1st. Who am I kidding? Just build my car.
I am excited to see deliveries but disappointed by Tesla when I see deliveries to people who ordered a Model S/LR two or more months after me with the same colors and wheels that I ordered. It appears that we all have our order numbers in a hat, and the supreme chooser draws the numbers randomly as the cars are produced.