Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DCU was kinda slow, and EXTREMELY hard to get ahold of anyone. That said, it was super simple, and I had a cashiers check in hand 6 days after applying, and that included a weekend in between. They offered to send it directly to Tesla, which I'm sure works, but I'm just so paranoid with how sloppy everything else has been.
Im using DCU and it took me a few days to realize what I was doing wrong. Day 1 you apply, day 2 they want you to upload your docs, and their immediate response is to call them. I missed that part and was waiting for them to email me. I finally called, and depending upon when you call the wait was long. They reviewed docs with me on the phone, later in the day I had the agreement to sign electronically and the check was cut and mailed the next day. I spoke to my delivery center and they prefer I bring the check with me and DCU was able to mail to my house.

My 6/28 order is also now showing an EDD of Mar/Apr... I was hoping mine was an anomaly, but it seems to be common now...
My complete guess is they finishes the present black runs, now working on white, and hopefully blue coming up, so maybe they need to cycle to get back to black.
it takes I think 5 days to produce the car, including about 18 hours (I think) so no idea if it is volume, supply, cycling, or even a break for X production.
i think even the monkey doesn’t know!

Hey all, new to THIS side of the forum... I get a new car about once a year, and will be replacing my 21 M3 LR with a 22 M3P in about a week.

I proactively placed a deposit on a red/black MS seeing the ETA being June of '22, thinking I'd lock in the price now, and delay delivery a few months till later in '22 until I'm ready for my next one...

Well I just checked my app and it startled me, saying my EDD for my MS is now 1/19 - 2/16.....

As of right now, I'll see how long I can delay delivery, but it's looking like with the recent news of Tesla forcing long term order holders to either take delivery or cancel the reservation, I'll probably be canceling it as next year comes along... 😔

Who knows, maybe they'll let me keep the reservation til the end of '22 and I can join YOUR clan. As for now, I'm still happy to hang out with the M3 group but can't wait for my time to get into a MS!

Got a VIN since last Sunday but EDD shows TBD. Not sure if they are waiting for the full payment before setting up the delivery date.
I got my VIN on 11/4, paid fully (not on purpose) 11/12. Didn't get the text to schedule until the 23rd after 5pm ET.

TODAY AT NOON MY WAIT IS OVER!

My complete guess is they finishes the present black runs, now working on white, and hopefully blue coming up, so maybe they need to cycle to get back to black.
it takes I think 5 days to produce the car, including about 18 hours (I think) so no idea if it is volume, supply, cycling, or even a break for X production.
i think even the monkey doesn’t know!
I tend to agree with your assessment. It seems like there were a lot of Black cars that had the same EDD in December for a long while, but then a bunch got pushed way back into Mar/Apr. I assumed just like you that I hadn't made it into the earlier Black batch, and that there wouldn't be another batch of black cars until March.

I did just get an improved EDD overnight though, fortunately! My new EDD is now Jan 16-Mar 13, which would be much better!

That also gives me faint hope that mine might get further moved up into the end-of-year madness, which would be even better (in some ways).

I’m up a 5 everyday. If I go to sleep at 9pm, I’m up at 5. If I go to sleep at 10pm, I’m up at 5. If I go to sleep at 1am, I’m up at 5.
Morale of the story: don’t go to sleep at 1am. Makes for a s**tty day.
Haha. I'm up at 5:30, usually asleep by midnight. 1am is fine. It's 2:30am that sucks

Reactions: Vinny860 and Pdubs
I have a delivery tomorrow for an MF430! Yes, I know you're wondering what the heck an MF430 is doing this late when there are NF vins. 2 weeks ago I called to order an inventory Model S. They said they have a couple of damaged in transport long ranges in Orlando. (I am leasing so the value of the car doesn't matter much to me) My advisor stated they were all repaired (the things wrong were some scratches on the underside and a small scratch somewhere on the paint) so I ordered the car. The big day is tomorrow at 6pm. I hope the car is actually fully fixed but we shall find out knowing Tesla. What do you guys think? Anyhow, I'm super excited!!
btw: they gave me a 3k discount for all the damages and the car has 16 miles on the odometer so it's still brand new.

It seems you’re correct. Lots of Whites. Hopefully mine soon.
Looks to be the case from my end too, unless all the page refreshes are helping :p. RN1154 W/B/19/no-FSD EDD bumped up back into 2021. Live in Fremont.

EDD movement history:
DateEDD minEDD max
7/31/2021 (ordered)February
8/31/2021Missing
9/8/202111/21/202112/11/2021
9/24/202112/14/20211/3/2021
9/28/2021Missing
10/7/202112/16/202112/31/2021
10/27/20211/27/20222/24/2022
11/22/20211/1/20221/29/2022
11/26/202112/14/202112/31/2021