Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice. My White/Black is scheduled for delivery on 12/6/21 in Tampa... It seems like a lot of White exteriors were just built... Good luck on the delivery...
I just washed my white/ white (was lightly raining Friday night so got some road grime on it). It's really stunning.
IMG_20211128_133441.jpg

My MSLR was delivered last night at 6:30 pm. Original estimate was between 10 am and noon, but they texted me that it will be postponed due to production and logistics issues. It was too dark to check out the car when it arrived, but the only thing I noticed was that the frunk panel gaps are not balanced. The guy that delivered my car was a supervisor on the Model Y line. He said my car drives very well, solid and tight. He has delivered MSLR's before, so I hope he is correct.

This morning I went over the car carefully and couldn't find anything wrong. Seems well made, and higher quality than the 2018 MS 100D I had which I sold 6 months ago. Car drives well, is fast, and noticeably quieter. No problem with the yoke; in fact I like it a lot since it gives better visibility. Adds to the spaciousness of the cabin. Turn signals take a little time to get used to, but they are OK. Door pockets are nice. In-dash display looks a lot better. The main display is big, although I am still learning how to open and close sub-windows.

There are many menu changes, so I spent a lot of time to set things up. The UI has changed a lot since there is no stalk anymore. Still trying to get used to it.

One thing I can't figure out is how to program Homelink. It was very easy on the old MS. Now it asks me whether the garage opener is a standard mode or a D-mode. I tried both. It accepted the programming, but does not operate the opener. I have a Liftmaster 8550 opener. Will have to do some digging. Scheduled a mobile appointment to fix the frunk gaps, so maybe the technician can help me make it work.

RN1149****, order date 5/15, White/Black/19/no-FSD. VIN: NF459***. Bay area home delivery.

My MSLR was delivered last night at 6:30 pm. Original estimate was between 10 am and noon, but they texted me that it will be postponed due to production and logistics issues. It was too dark to check out the car when it arrived, but the only thing I noticed was that the frunk panel gaps are not balanced. The guy that delivered my car was a supervisor on the Model Y line. He said my car drives very well, solid and tight. He has delivered MSLR's before, so I hope he is correct.

This morning I went over the car carefully and couldn't find anything wrong. Seems well made, and higher quality than the 2018 MS 100D I had which I sold 6 months ago. Car drives well, is fast, and noticeably quieter. No problem with the yoke; in fact I like it a lot since it gives better visibility. Adds to the spaciousness of the cabin. Turn signals take a little time to get used to, but they are OK. Door pockets are nice. In-dash display looks a lot better. The main display is big, although I am still learning how to open and close sub-windows.

There are many menu changes, so I spent a lot of time to set things up. The UI has changed a lot since there is no stalk anymore. Still trying to get used to it.

One thing I can't figure out is how to program Homelink. It was very easy on the old MS. Now it asks me whether the garage opener is a standard mode or a D-mode. I tried both. It accepted the programming, but does not operate the opener. I have a Liftmaster 8550 opener. Will have to do some digging. Scheduled a mobile appointment to fix the frunk gaps, so maybe the technician can help me make it work.

RN1149****, order date 5/15, White/Black/19/no-FSD. VIN: NF459***. Bay area home delivery.

Pics of the frunk gaps please, when you get a chance. Possible that this could be solved by the adjustable bumpers on the side.

Reactions: cwanja and MEL-22

Took me 5 minutes to help my buddy program his. I think step 1 is have a decent remote available and activate near the passenger bumper when prompted, car has to accept
Step 2 press the organ button on your garage door opener and have the car send the signal.
You might need a new remote battery, or get the car closer to the door opener.
Hope you have success.

Also pushed back again. Went from Dec 12-31, to Jan 16 - Feb 13...

Like others, wouldn't be as big of a deal if I didn't sell my vehicle a couple months ago when my order said "October", but it's getting old sharing a car now. I may just have to buy a cheap car or look at rental options...
Yep, I sold my MS85D back in August anticipating Oct delivery. That ship sailed and now have to burrow my wife's M3 to get around. Very frustrating, but am holding on hoping that my current EDD of 8 holds with VIN forthcoming soon (16 - 31 Dec EDD) with no more changes. Sorry to see EDD slips for so many folks today.

Yep, I sold my MS85D back in August anticipating Oct delivery. That ship sailed and now have to burrow my wife's M3 to get around. Very frustrating, but am holding on hoping that my current EDD of 8 holds with VIN forthcoming soon (16 - 31 Dec EDD) with no more changes. Sorry to see EDD slips for so many folks today.
Here’s to hoping that being west coast helps you out!

How do you make sure that your car is not one of these sitting out in the sun for months?

Are you safe if you get 2022 VIN?
No one is safe.

Jk. Those will be earlier VINs as their bodies would have had to have been stamped. MF440ish if I remember correctly would be about the range of VINs for that lot.

Reactions: Pdubs and GrnSqrl
How easy was it to take off the front license plate bracket?
It's super hard. Actually. Not really. Just some tape. Be careful look up how to debadge and there's many instructions. I'm sure there's a video somewhere of removal. But pretty easy to do. No holes. Just tape attaching it.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and Pdubs
How easy was it to take off the front license plate bracket?
Super easy! Take off the 3 screws holding on the cover, then use fishing line - work it behind the black bracket, sawing through the 3M tape that holds it on. The leftover tape is easy to roll off with a little elbow grease!