Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got updated EDD this morning from 19-31 to 24-31st. Very exciting, seems Ike it'll actually happen!

I am thinking that I'm getting prioritized due to a batch of ree/cream for EOQ and being in Chicago where it's one of the major hubs for their train transit and maybe that's why. No idea but glad this waits almost over. I'm sorry to all the 1140s, I truly can't imagine your frustration.

In the end, I'll forget about the wait just like the nearly 2 and a half year wait for my model 3

So what do you guys think is going on. I don’t think it is a supply chain shortage. A friend of mine ordered a msm white model 3 on Dec 10 and got vin after three days
Same as my colors. It is very clear it is a model s thing.
Also after elon recent directive to cut delivery costs I feel California orders are being prioritized from whom I am seeing getting their cars or vins with few exceptions. It seems many who where in Dec edd and then pushed to Jan seems to me for that reason purposely. I am seeing white interiors and msm delivered. Seems they are getting few from older cheaper orders going but letting more closer more expensive orders delivered. I don’t believe it is a supply chain. Maybe with mats and trunk covers but not production. All my friends that were infuenced by me converting to ev and ended up ordering cheaper models. 3 and y got their cars and I am not even sure I will get it in Jan even.
I've made a personal plan where if I dont get my Model S by February 1st, (ordered February of this year) I will try to get a Plaid and if I cant ill get a Model 3 Performance and call it a year.

Reactions: LiveSai
First of all - sorry that some of your deliveries are getting pushed back - especially those that ordered before me - End of May 2021.

I picked up the car a week ago and aside from the 300 mile drive from the Salt Lake City delivery, I haven’t driven it except to get ppf on the front, rockers, and behind the fenders.

I now need to wash and wax/seal the car but despite being ”naked” it looks fantastic in this morning’s sun - ironically my wife chose the name Moonlight.

Will be sad to part Moonlight’s 2019 Raven twin who have given us a lot of wonderful miles but the new car is enough better to sell the Raven on to someone else.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting - I hope your car comes soon.

0FC515C7-DE17-4A4B-8044-04551391D83D.jpeg
519602B0-01DB-4C6A-A16D-B10C4AB0D00F.jpeg

First of all - sorry that some of your deliveries are getting pushed back - especially those that ordered before me - End of May 2021.

I picked up the car a week ago and aside from the 300 mile drive from the Salt Lake City delivery, I haven’t driven it except to get ppf on the front, rockers, and behind the fenders.

I now need to wash and wax/seal the car but despite being ”naked” it looks fantastic in this morning’s sun - ironically my wife chose the name Moonlight.

Will be sad to part Moonlight’s 2019 Raven twin who have given us a lot of wonderful miles but the new car is enough better to sell the Raven on to someone else.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting - I hope your car comes soon.

View attachment 743525View attachment 743526
Looks great!
Mine is a White on white 21 arachnid wheels and I ordered Feb of this year. :(

I've made a personal plan where if I dont get my Model S by February 1st, (ordered February of this year) I will try to get a Plaid and if I cant ill get a Model 3 Performance and call it a year.
This is the last chance I am giving them. If I get pushed back I am buying a used model s 2020 and sell it when my order come in. Might loose few grants in taxes or so but I am sick and tired of the waiting game. I guess they are not going to care anyways

Reactions: JPInnovative
Looks great!
Mine is a White on white 21 arachnid wheels and I ordered Feb of this year. :(
Dang - that stinks. I don’t understand Tesla’s priority process at all. I was in limbo (no EDD) for months and end up calling Tesla to make sure I had done everything correctly (have an odd situation of wanting to pick the car up in Utah (winter home) but register it in Vermont (our full time residence). Magically after the agent noted the changes, I had a VIN and delivery within a week. Not sure it was related or just a coincidence - maybe someone didn’t want to take the car and so they assigned to me. Good luck getting yours soon!

Just got updated EDD this morning from 19-31 to 24-31st. Very exciting, seems Ike it'll actually happen!

I am thinking that I'm getting prioritized due to a batch of ree/cream for EOQ and being in Chicago where it's one of the major hubs for their train transit and maybe that's why. No idea but glad this waits almost over. I'm sorry to all the 1140s, I truly can't imagine your frustration.

In the end, I'll forget about the wait just like the nearly 2 and a half year wait for my model 3
Red/Cream here and pushed over and over again. Was holding December for almost 2 months and pushed a few weeks ago to Jan 14 - Feb 11th. Beyond frustrating. Especially seeing so many later orders get delivered ahead of you

Finally got a day with my new baby to test more features, take some pics, and stretch her legs. I'm stepping (way) up from a Lexus ES350 which I bought new in 2008. This technology triumph has made me feel like I just my drivers license all over again...and I'm 52 years old! From the seemingly limitless power, to the yoke input, to the astonishing systems integration, to the magic of auto-pilot steering me on the freeway, I'm never looking back to the ICE age.
And on top of all that, this in American car, built in America, by Americans. I'm a 28-year Veteran and couldn't be more proud. 🇺🇲

View attachment 743073

View attachment 743074
View attachment 743075
View attachment 743076
Beautiful car. I have the same configuration, and seeing how fantastic your car looks makes me happy. I am hoping to get VIN soon.

Reactions: Waldokind
This is the last chance I am giving them. If I get pushed back I am buying a used model s 2020 and sell it when my order come in. Might loose few grants in taxes or so but I am sick and tired of the waiting game. I guess they are not going to care anyways
What grants in taxes will you lose? I am not aware of anything for Model S in Illinois taking delivery in 2021.

We have a future $4K rebate in IL if you buy your car and take delivery after July 1, 2022 but I'm not going to delay my delivery for that. I feel fortunate that I ordered mine before the $15K in price increases and so should you. 😁

Reactions: BruinIvy and fsabek
I was considering buying something used/new to hold me over until my S comes in. I decided to rent on Turo to hold me over for a month or two (we'll see). There are several Model Ys that are ~$90/day. I plan on renting 3-4 days a week until my car comes in or as needed. I'm hoping this will end up costing less than losing taxes on another purchase plus the potential depreciation. Worst cases it's probably sixes, but will be much less hassle.

Reactions: BruinIvy
What grants in taxes will you lose? I am not aware of anything for Model S in Illinois taking delivery in 2021.

We have a future $4K rebate in IL if you buy your car and take delivery after July 1, 2022 but I'm not going to delay my delivery for that. I feel fortunate that I ordered mine before the $15K in price increases and so should you. 😁
You got me wrong. I meant assuming I sell the used I buy for exactly what i paid for it when I trade it when the new comes in. I will loose taxes paid for the used unless I trade it to Tesla to get the trade in tax benefit.
I just meant the crazy act of buying a used till new comes in since I am getting crazy anyways waiting will cost me few grants in this crazy un realistic act that my wife won’t let happen anyways I am afraid

Reactions: BruinIvy
What's the best source to find out the latest status on the bill? My understanding is that it's not yet passed both House and Senate. According to Latest on Tesla EV Tax Credit (December 2021) - Current and Upcoming in 2022 the Senate version caps at $80k.

I ordered after the first price hike so won't help me either way, but in a sadistic way I'd love to know whether ordering after the price hike costed $12.5k rather than $5k.
From what I read, the Senate has a better chance at killing the bill rather than getting the 80k for sedans. I personally have nothing against trucks or SUV’s, it just seems like a really random assignment of cutoffs when you consider most family’s needs. It’s more of a political move to get people to buy the big GM/Ford vehicles than to say, a sedan is fine for us. If you want to play a fun game with the family, here’s one. When in traffic, take a look at any “big“ vehicle. Count the passengers inside. Chances are most of these behemoths and yes, tesla model X included, are usually transporting one, two, and maybe three people. You will rarely if ever see more than 4 in any truck or suv or, in the case of the truck, rarely see the clean and polished ones ever using the bed for anything. A bigger vehicle is kinda like an insurance policy in and of itself. If a F150 or a model X crashes into, lets say, a Prius, or an average car, guess who comes out ok? But I digress. All of us that have model S’s, or sporty Model 3 orders will NOT be eligible for any kind of BBB program money. Whether we are rich or not is not the point. The point is either level the playing field properly, or don’t make the decisions based on which member of congress lobbys the best.

I was among the first to be pushed to Jan Feb two weeks ago. So what do you guys think that means to recent push backs. I am 1149 chicago area
I am Chicago area too and have noticed so many shipments to everywhere but.
So, you can (I can) read it optimistically saying Chicago, being a major rail hub, will have a bazillion in transport to us now or that we are simply a market that Musk knows is going to be huge consumers and we’ll get ‘em when we get ‘em — meaning in January at the earliest. Tesla knows that they have already blown away their quarterly projections so why not start the new year when they’ll be ramping up production in Texas thus slowing down in Fremont, by having a buffer of guaranteed deliveries which were originally slated for Q4 2021.