Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get pushed ever so slightly. I'm presently 12/25-12/31 with no vin, and away. I would love a January 1 (ha) or January 2 delivery - that would be awesome - and, I think there's the slightest bit of hope for some soft of federal tax break in 2022. we know there's nothing in 2021, so the post 2021 delivery works for me timing wise, and slight chance of tax wise.
still amazed no vin though.

May order Red/Cream 19s with Jan 13 - Feb 10 EDD and no VIN. You're in CT and I'm in NJ. We NJ folks get no respect. :'(
Placed my Gray/Black LR order on 6/24. On Thanksgiving was updated to a two week window in the middle of December. App also stated my car was being built. No VIN however. A week prior to the delivery window it changed to the 4 weeks starting near the end of January. Now new Plaids are sitting all over the country. Disappointing.

Placed my Gray/Black LR order on 6/24. On Thanksgiving was updated to a two week window in the middle of December. App also stated my car was being built. No VIN however. A week prior to the delivery window it changed to the 4 weeks starting near the end of January. Now new Plaids are sitting all over the country. Disappointing.
Yep same story for many of us. May not be the last pushback so don’t get your hopes up yet for Jan/Feb.

Agreed. Plaids are showing up everywhere, 100’s of them, and to make it more of an insult, they all have the FSD tacked on, like you don’t have a choice. I am very disappointed as well as a few other emotions that words can’t express. I have been waiting 6 months very patiently and have only received crickets, lies, or random date adjustments. My “SA”‘s last comment to me after the bump to Jan/Feb was, well I can see on our “back end“ system you should be getting your car at the beginning or middle of January so we’re close. Who’s rear end did he pull that one out of? I as well as so many others have been abused by this system and I have to believe that karma will play a part moving forward. You just cannot treat people this way and have it work out well for you long term. Trying to stay strong.

Agreed. Plaids are showing up everywhere, 100’s of them, and to make it more of an insult, they all have the FSD tacked on, like you don’t have a choice. I am very disappointed as well as a few other emotions that words can’t express. I have been waiting 6 months very patiently and have only received crickets, lies, or random date adjustments. My “SA”‘s last comment to me after the bump to Jan/Feb was, well I can see on our “back end“ system you should be getting your car at the beginning or middle of January so we’re close. Who’s rear end did he pull that one out of? I as well as so many others have been abused by this system and I have to believe that karma will play a part moving forward. You just cannot treat people this way and have it work out well for you long term. Trying to stay strong.
Yeah SA here said just yesterday:
- system shows by end of year
- for me app says Jan-Feb I stated
- that he noted my file I’d prefer EOY delivery, this one made me laugh a bit

I got an email from Tesla of Princeton, NJ today, asking me if I'd like to convert my MS LR order to a Plaid that's in inventory. I had nothing nice to say, so I didn't say anything at all. I ain't shellin' out an extra $50k just to get a third motor.

Last edited:
I got an email from Tesla of Princeton, NJ today, asking me if I'd like to convert my MS LR order to a Plaid that's in inventory. I had nothing nice to say, so I didn't say anything at all. I ain't shellin' out an extra $40k just to get a third motor.
Okay so they want you to pay full price to upgrade to business class when you check in ur luggage? I feel you will get a vin soon.

I finished my Wall Connector install today. Now I am ready for my Saturday delivery. DON'T let me down Tesla!

Attachments

• IMG_6990.jpg
    IMG_6990.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 61
Could it,also be a firmware update that improved or activated the subwoofer?
That is possible. One thing I did that may have been a contributing factor is rebooting my system. At the time I rebooted, it wasn't related to the sound system and I wasn't listening to any music, hence I can't say there was a direct correlation.
You might give a reboot a try (pressing both scroll wheels on the yoke till the screen goes blank) and see if it fixes the problem. I'm hoping you have some luck with it.

I picked up my MS on 12/10. Here's a couple of thoughts about my early experience.

1) I get a lot of people checking me out at lights and on the roadways. It's kind of like having a shirt on inside-out, but it's not me they are looking at.
2) Little things like yoke turn signals automatically cancelling after making a gradual lane change are pretty cool.
3) Instant torque and acceleration are addictive.
4) New features are discovered daily.
5) I've had two software updates so far. It feels a little like birthday presents.
6) The car is tight, quiet, and feels rock solid.
7) The voice command capability for controlling features is robust and fun.
8) After some flickering of the screens, I did a reboot. It seemed to make all screens quicker and smoother.
9) I can't imagine ever voluntarily going back to an ICE car.
10) Charging at home while I'm asleep is way better than going to a gas station; especially since I have a home solar system.

I just need to figure out which one of my passengers keeps farting. That darn emissions feature! :rolleyes:😮‍💨😃

I picked up my MS on 12/10. Here's a couple of thoughts about my early experience.

1) I get a lot of people checking me out at lights and on the roadways. It's kind of like having a shirt on inside-out, but it's not me they are looking at.
2) Little things like yoke turn signals automatically cancelling after making a gradual lane change are pretty cool.
3) Instant torque and acceleration are addictive.
4) New features are discovered daily.
5) I've had two software updates so far. It feels a little like birthday presents.
6) The car is tight, quiet, and feels rock solid.
7) The voice command capability for controlling features is robust and fun.
8) After some flickering of the screens, I did a reboot. It seemed to make all screens quicker and smoother.
9) I can't imagine ever voluntarily going back to an ICE car.
10) Charging at home while I'm asleep is way better than going to a gas station; especially since I have a home solar system.

I just need to figure out which one of my passengers keeps farting. That darn emissions feature! :rolleyes:😮‍💨😃
Thanks for the write up! Can you post pictures of your new ride? Congrats!

Pushed back to 1/7-2/4. Will be looking at taycans this weekend. I literally can't wait any longer, I've exhausted my current lease extensions
Since you are so very close, please consider these options instead of a Taycant:

Turo long-term rental
Uber
Lyft

Buying a Porsche just gives them more credits to build GHG-dumping ICE cars and SUV's . . . .

Okay so they want you to pay full price to upgrade to business class when you check in ur luggage? I feel you will get a vin soon.
OMG. From your lips to Elon's ears. My EDD just got updated this morning to the week of Dec 27 - Dec 31 ( from Jan 13 to Feb 10 ). Still no VIN, but you sir are a steely eyed missile man.

Now for the next irony: my wife and I made plans to be away that week. 😩

I got an email from Tesla of Princeton, NJ today, asking me if I'd like to convert my MS LR order to a Plaid that's in inventory. I had nothing nice to say, so I didn't say anything at all. I ain't shellin' out an extra $50k just to get a third motor.
Same happened to me! And I’ve only dealt with Springfield! Feels like a glut of Plaids. I gave it serious thought, then decided nope, too much of a price delta, I have my LR for $15k under current.