Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my EDD went from Dec 19-31 to Jan 16 - Feb 13. I know about the brief push of EDD to some kind of default future date right before VIN is issued and then EDD pulls back but this feels more like just another EDD slippage. Anyone else have there’s push like this and then get a VIN?
Like so many others here, my EDD’s slipped several times too before getting a VIN (like yours, mine slipped later, then pulled back with a VIN). Couple days later, I received a text from Tesla requesting me to schedule a delivery date and time 12/22 at 10 am (earliest time slot I could schedule). Can’t wait.
My order date was 6/15. Pickup will be 12/22… so 6 months end to end. Despite the long wait, I feel lucky compared to others who waited 9-12 months.

My EDD had held steady at 12/19-12/31 for 6 weeks, but got pushed back to 1/16 - 2/13 3 weeks ago and has held there steady ever since. I'm guessing this push might have something to do with Elon's memo to his employees to not go crazy trying to get everything delivered by EOQ/EOY.

I'm fine with those dates, if they hold, but I understand what a kick in the nuts it is when you are right up on your EDD and then get pushed by a month or two!

Joining the party this morning for east coast delivery 12/27-12/31. No VIN yet!
Crazy that a bunch of us got those EXACT dates, and still no VIN.
that is a pretty tight 4 day window. it will likely be bonkers. Me, I'll be on a beach drinking like a fish in the sun, but I have to hope the car is ready at the tail end of that range so I don't miss my pick up window and have to wait until Elon is the 2023 man of the year to get my ride!

Everyone who has a tight window towards the end of the year but no VIN: have you guys looked for it in the source code or using the VIN finder chrome extension? Mine tightened from Dec 18-31 to Dec 24-30 four days ago and I was able to find the VIN in the source code at that point. As of right now, the rendered page still only displays the EDD but the VIN is available in the source code.

Reactions: rdmdriving
I haven't brought it up. I would be concerned if the presence of the worm means the airbag would have an easier/tougher time to deploy in the event of an accident.

I submitted a service request for my one missing trunk piece, missing license plate bracket, and the passenger door that takes extra effort to close.
well let me know what he says! I'm curious to know if every MS has it

Today my EDD went from Dec 19-31 to Jan 16 - Feb 13. I know about the brief push of EDD to some kind of default future date right before VIN is issued and then EDD pulls back but this feels more like just another EDD slippage. Anyone else have there’s push like this and then get a VIN?
Got a similar EDD slip this morning too. I also think it's more likely just an EDD slippage. IIRC this also happened to a lot of folks around EOQ time. Also, at least a while back, it was more common to slip to a month range ("February") and then spring back. On the other hand, I did see a few cases on this thread where it was a date range. So I guess there's still a chance though I'm not banking on it.

Cynical part of me feels like they gave out more EOY EDDs than they expected so that people would hold back on holiday plans. But I'm personally not upset - it's just business and my original EDD was February. I have pretty low expectations after seeing some of the crazy experiences on this thread.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Got a similar EDD slip this morning too. I also think it's more likely just an EDD slippage. IIRC this also happened to a lot of folks around EOQ time. Also, at least a while back, it was more common to slip to a month range ("February") and then spring back. On the other hand, I did see a few cases on this thread where it was a date range. So I guess there's still a chance though I'm not banking on it.

Cynical part of me feels like they gave out more EOY EDDs than they expected so that people would hold back on holiday plans. But I'm personally not upset - it's just business and my original EDD was February. I have pretty low expectations after seeing some of the crazy experiences on this thread.
Well here’s another holiday bonus for all of us in case you haven’t looked in awhile. Due to my June order, I’ve been holding off on buying the wall charger, you know, if I don’t have the car or may not get the car, I didn’t want a $500 depreciating asset hanging on my wall. Well just out of curiosity I checked if they were in stock, and guess what, the wall charger is now $550. Once again, bump the dates long enough and give us another difficult pill to swallow. With my bumped date being now end of January to beginning of February, maybe it’ll go up even more. SMH

Reactions: roc-noc
My EDD had held steady at 12/19-12/31 for 6 weeks, but got pushed back to 1/16 - 2/13 3 weeks ago and has held there steady ever since. I'm guessing this push might have something to do with Elon's memo to his employees to not go crazy trying to get everything delivered by EOQ/EOY.

I'm fine with those dates, if they hold, but I understand what a kick in the nuts it is when you are right up on your EDD and then get pushed by a month or two!

That’s just it. We would all be ok with a slip or maybe two if any dates were actually accurate but they literally mean nothing. It’s false promises over and over again.

Tesla needs some major work on the customer service and communication. They are leaving the door wide open right now for their competition that is slowly growing up before their eyes.

Well here’s another holiday bonus for all of us in case you haven’t looked in awhile. Due to my June order, I’ve been holding off on buying the wall charger, you know, if I don’t have the car or may not get the car, I didn’t want a $500 depreciating asset hanging on my wall. Well just out of curiosity I checked if they were in stock, and guess what, the wall charger is now $550. Once again, bump the dates long enough and give us another difficult pill to swallow. With my bumped date being now end of January to beginning of February, maybe it’ll go up even more. SMH
Just install a nema 14-50 and save yourself the $500. Throw it at TSLA

Mine did the same before Thanksgiving, then the Friday after Thanksgiving I received my VIN and delivery appointment window. I’m crossing my fingers for you.