Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't want to poo poo on the parade here... but I would count on it getting kicked back. A lot of us have been waiting months now (not that that means anything in Tesla Time) and the instances of 2-3 week turns on MS(LR) are probably in the single digits.
Heh it’s possible. I ordered Nov 14 in Toronto and picked up Dec 8, NF Vin MS LR. A lot I think depends on luck of the draw with that allocation monkey and what your SA is able to grab for ya.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Ordered 6 days after refresh announced (2/2/21...it's sad that I feel the need to put a year on that), and yeah, even the May/June orders are virtually vets compared to the folks that jump in with Nov/Dec orders expecting cars within weeks. Admittedly, it's not their fault - Tesla has ****ed this one up so badly I probably would have walked long ago if I weren't paying $15k less than I could buy the car for right now.
February, impressive. I'm with you and I live in NJ (no sales tax on EVs). I can wait these ****ers out for a LR at a sub 85k price tag. A lot of our (8+ month wait) ranges are lining up in January. Needs to happen soon or I'll be riding a bike when my lease extension runs out. 🤣

this i agree with 100%. the pre increase hikes are in the bottom of the barrel
Maybe it should be restated as

“Because you live in California and are locked in at $15k more for the same car”
Nope. And nope again.

I live in CA. My price is $12k less than current. Have received VINs but could not accept due to travel. It’s a Plaid but that’s pretty much irrelevant. I’m neither at bottom of barrel nor am I being deferred for being in CA and locked in at lower price point.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Nope. And nope again.

I live in CA. My price is $12k less than current. Have received VINs but could not accept due to travel. It’s a Plaid but that’s pretty much irrelevant. I’m neither at bottom of barrel nor am I being deferred for being in CA and locked in at lower price point.
Because you have plaid lol. Plaid are highest priority for Tesla. You can compare the EDD ranges for LR and plaid to confirm that. Plaid is very much relevant.

As others have said, it’s not the waiting - it’s the misinformation.

When I gave Tesla my $100 back in July, the website quoted a Sept/Oct EDD. As soon as they had my money, it changed to Oct (no more Sept). Since then it’s continued to slide.

If I knew it wouldn’t be till January, I would not have put in the order because of the Canadian luxury tax. Now it seems we may have a reprieve on that for another couple months, so I haven’t cancelled my order yet, but I’m pretty fed up. One more major date slide and I’m done.

As far as I’m concerned, Tesla took my $100 with false advertising. I may even investigate a charge back on that if I do cancel, as they absolutely took my money in bad faith. The immediate change of my EDD by one month after I paid the money is the evidence of that.

It would have all been very different if they’d quoted January originally, or even Nov or Dec. I can accept a month or two shift due to unforeseen circumstance, but they never intended on delivering me a car in Sept or Oct.

Because you have plaid lol. Plaid are highest priority for Tesla. You can compare the EDD ranges for LR and plaid to confirm that. Plaid is very much relevant.
I live in the Bay Area. Ordered in mid-May, and got the first VIN end of September. Waited for the 2022 VIN, and it was delivered end of November. W/B/19/no-FSD. Paid $80K plus fees. Definitely don't feel I am at bottom of barrel.

Understandable. Tesla's current procedure to match orders is way above my ability to understand. And that comes from someone who has been in the automobile business for decades and routinely deals with other manufacturer's order processes. Granted, there are always many moving parts from initial order to final delivery and hiccups in the process are commonplace. But, Tesla is really dropping the ball in their communication to their customers/fans. Not sure if it's a volume thing or a personnel thing, but I hope that people like us can respectfully communicate the issues to Tesla and that they will listen and improve.

And still, after all my blather, having to wait on my new car is definitely a first world problem.
And you are going to love that Blueberry Creamsicle when it arrives. I played the waiting game for 7 months before my Licorice Creamsicle arrived two weeks ago. It WAS worth the wait. My first Tesla and still learning new things about it every day. And I smile every time I walk into the garage at home and at work.

Frist world problems with sweet solutions. Be patient, it will be worth it. 😁

Reactions: Rhyder
Located in Austin and I had a similar thing happen. Now Jan 5 - Jan 19.

Anybody have any insights to what this may mean?
I would not take it seriously based on my recent experience, my EDD collapsed to 6 day window (25-31 Dec) and was pushed to Jan 12 - 9 Feb, after approaching the front of my EDD earlier this week. They are playing games with my sanity. Many have stated that once your EDD reduces to two week window, your VIN is close. Not my experience unfortunately.

As others have said, it’s not the waiting - it’s the misinformation.

When I gave Tesla my $100 back in July, the website quoted a Sept/Oct EDD. As soon as they had my money, it changed to Oct (no more Sept). Since then it’s continued to slide.

If I knew it wouldn’t be till January, I would not have put in the order because of the Canadian luxury tax. Now it seems we may have a reprieve on that for another couple months, so I haven’t cancelled my order yet, but I’m pretty fed up. One more major date slide and I’m done.

As far as I’m concerned, Tesla took my $100 with false advertising. I may even investigate a charge back on that if I do cancel, as they absolutely took my money in bad faith. The immediate change of my EDD by one month after I paid the money is the evidence of that.

It would have all been very different if they’d quoted January originally, or even Nov or Dec. I can accept a month or two shift due to unforeseen circumstance, but they never intended on delivering me a car in Sept or Oct.
Very well said. I agree with you 100% and have indicated so. I was a June order that followed the exact same pattern as you. The wait is only hard to take due to the misinformation, and the fabricated stories we’ve all heard from so very many Tesla reps. It seems like they are only there to feed us fallacies which they were told to do by the higher ups. I actually feel bad for them as they are the insulation between the customer and a true PR department which has the knowledge of delays and such. I don’t want a car that’s not ready for prime time, and I don’t want to be lied to either. It would have been a completely different story if the original delivery date couldn’t be met, and we were told 100% of the time it was problem A and B and that not only will your delivery be delayed until January 2022, but, and here’s the kicker, a voluntary statement made to say that if you’d like to cancel, your refund for the deposit would be processed quickly. Nothing of the sort. This is shameful and seems to not be the kind of image ANY organization would want. The additional kick in the teeth is that while we wait we have not only passed up other opportunities, but due to feeling “smart” to have not ordered the wall charger, I noticed they increased the price on the another $50 as well.

If you are reading this and you haven’t been told the following, you don’t have a car and that’s the only thing you will know for sure. Those things are as follows. 1) Here is your VIN. 2) Here is your delivery date and time. 3) Here is your key card/fob etc., you need to inspect your physical vehicle. Unless you have all three things, you do not have a car. Nobody knows any more than anyone else and unless there is a rejected or inventory vehicle on the lot that you can buy that very moment, any other information you hear is purely the hook placed into you to keep your order and to keep you from moving on anything else.

I want the car. The only silver lining, and I hope I’m not just trying to justify the wait myself aside from the obvious reasons, I hope that any early problems are ironed out and I don’t have a failing rear drive motor, or a shoddily pieced together panel gap leaking nightmare. News flash, just within the past couple of days, recalls issued, not OTA type, but physical inspection type of hood latches and camera cables. How in the Sam Hill do these things get past quality control. Or is that budget, like the budget for PR’s, a non-existent Tesla feature.

I want the car — did I mention that? I believe it’s a technological marvel and will be so much fun to own. I love the fact they brought back ventilated seats. I love how regenerative braking works. I love the glass roof and I love all the extra space and storage and the fact I can tell the car to warm the inside to 72º without taking my eyes off the road. Please Tesla, take a timeout, do a reset, do whatever you need to, but please be there for people now and in the future when they need you. Your product is second to none in my opinion and only needs to have the little things addressed. I continue to wait for what I believe will be the ride of my life. I just don’t want to run out of life before taking delivery.

And you are going to love that Blueberry Creamsicle when it arrives. I played the waiting game for 7 months before my Licorice Creamsicle arrived two weeks ago. It WAS worth the wait. My first Tesla and still learning new things about it every day. And I smile every time I walk into the garage at home and at work.

Frist world problems with sweet solutions. Be patient, it will be worth it. 😁
Yep! I remember the seeing my 2016 MS for the first time. Not perfect, but smooth, fast, and beautiful. And I still smile every time I'm behind the wheel. A couple of issues in 6 years and 120K miles, but arguably my favorite car ever. If I get half the enjoyment out of the 2022 MSLR, I'll be thrilled.

And on that note, Happy New Year everyone!

Reactions: roc-noc and GrnSqrl