Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why buy FSD with the car vs adding later with a credit card? (For those who actually believe FSD is worth $10k).
I have not seen anyone confirm either: (a) that it will be the same price to buy after delivery for the $10K (there were rumors it would be more); or (b) that there will be a subscription-based monthly fee of $200 or less per month. Discussions for sure, but has anyone done either?

Blue/black/21s available in KS, MO for pas several hours if anyone is interested…I don’t want 21” wheels

I actually called about that one early this morning. However, as expected, they won't honor the price I locked into prior to the increase. So I guess it will sit there for a couple of hours more!

I actually called about that one early this morning. However, as expected, they won't honor the price I locked into prior to the increase. So I guess it will sit there for a couple of hours more!
That’s the part that makes this entire delay even more frustrating and points us to think that later (more expensive) orders are being prioritized at qtr end.

If someone is locked into a price before the hike, has been waiting forever, and wants to take a car that’s available because it’s not assigned to anyone, why not honor the original price? It’s not like the cost for building that same car is going to be cheaper in the short term.

That’s the part that makes this entire delay even more frustrating and points us to think that later (more expensive) orders are being prioritized at qtr end.

If someone is locked into a price before the hike, has been waiting forever, and wants to take a car that’s available because it’s not assigned to anyone, why not honor the original price? It’s not like the cost for building that same car is going to be cheaper in the short term.
Exactly. My SA offered me a blue LR last week, but wouldn’t honor my 89k price because mine is MSM. Makes no sense at all. Just a cash grab which is horrible if Tesla’s true mission is to have everyone using an electric vehicle that’s “affordable”.

Reactions: roc-noc
Exactly. My SA offered me a blue LR last week, but wouldn’t honor my 89k price because mine is MSM. Makes no sense at all. Just a cash grab which is horrible if Tesla’s true mission is to have everyone using an electric vehicle that’s “affordable”.
I’ll rephrase to make it more accurate as I know that there will be exceptions out there.

Perhaps it’s inaccurate to say that they prioritize higher revenue orders. So, how about they “don’t” necessarily prioritize the earlier orders.

Right? I'll pay the damn difference for upgrades, but I ain't paying the increased base price. And I'll buy it TODAY. What's the problem? So annoying.

Reactions: chrisdh79
I live in the Bay Area. Ordered in mid-May, and got the first VIN end of September. Waited for the 2022 VIN, and it was delivered end of November. W/B/19/no-FSD. Paid $80K plus fees. Definitely don't feel I am at bottom of barrel.
Well your lucky because test of us are bottom of the barrel, but generally people who line in Bay area get it faster from what I've seen

Reactions: FlatSix911
Well must be building this next week and shipping to Texas quite a bit finally. I’d be delighted to see new improvements in our batch like tail lights.
Same here exact same date changes from to 1/7-1/21. also in Texas.
Located in Austin and I had a similar thing happen. Now Jan 5 - Jan 19.

Anybody have any insights to what this may mean?
I'm at Texas too and my EDD is still February. White interior RN1152

Your Tesla will arrive long before the MB.
I called the MB dealership to see how my EQS order was progressing. I was told that they had received some EQS 450's without the hyperscreens but don't expect any 580's until March and even if they get 2-3 per month, I'm number 16 on the list so I'm looking at end of 2022. So, I guess I should suck it up and wait for my MSLR.

Same boat here as some others: was 1/7-2/4 now 1/8-1/22. White/white/21s, RN 11444.

Not the first time this had happened to me though so I'm not reading to much into it. So much easier to avoid disappointment when I have zero expectations.

Any firm info on whether the new taillight improvements have started making it into production line?

Reactions: RxVanco
Same boat here as some others: was 1/7-2/4 now 1/8-1/22. White/white/21s, RN 11444.

Not the first time this had happened to me though so I'm not reading to much into it. So much easier to avoid disappointment when I have zero expectations.

Any firm info on whether the new taillight improvements have started making it into production line?
There are other enhancements I’d rather see than the taillights. How about the motorized tilt for the center screen?

Reactions: chrisdh79
There are other enhancements I’d rather see than the taillights. How about the motorized tilt for the center screen?
Absolutely, but my understanding was that this feature is already built in, just not enabled in software yet. No?

Taillights are a hardware change needed to bring the rear end styling of the MS into this decade, imo. Not a deal breaker either way, but certainly would be nice to have if it's in the works.

Reactions: SoCalDude