Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my Model S. Holy SH..T!! Can’t imagine anyone needing a plaid. Everything was perfect, except the front console had a glitch where it did not close sometimes. They are going to replace it. Yoke was much easier to get used to than I imagined. I know it has been said many times, but it is worth it. No other vehicle like it on the road today!!

Michigan making you work hard for that EV!
Let's hope everything goes smoothly for you in Chicago.
So do you still pay Michigan tax when you pick up in another state? Is that correct? It would make sense.
My thought ideally would be Michigan needs to get shorted on tax income for their lock step alignment with the legacy auto manufacturers.
Yeah, I still have to pay Michigan tax, and I can finance through tesla if im not in Michigan which is dumb. I had the same problem in 2018 when I ordered my Long Range DM 3.

First day of entering the EDD window for the 4th time and no VIN yet closing in on 10 months now. Added FSD due to FOMO and it has not helped with getting the VIN. So I wouldnt add it to get a shot at VIN.... Just one data point though....
You deserve a VIN. Difficult to see orders after mine with VINs too. I sent a letter to EM yesterday to express my distress at the ridiculous process in place with no discernible pattern. I have now experienced 6 push outs of my EDD a
First day of entering the EDD window for the 4th time and no VIN yet closing in on 10 months now. Added FSD due to FOMO and it has not helped with getting the VIN. So I wouldnt add it to get a shot at VIN.... Just one data point though....
I feel your pain, I have been pushed out six times after entering my EDD window. You deserve a VIN after 10 month wait. I sent a letter to EM yesterday to express my distress. Don’t really expect much, but am so very tired of this BS.

For those interested in getting an auto loan from DCU, I was able to secure their lowest current offer (1.49%):

1. Apply for membership for DCU, you can get a referral code from any existing DCU members, there are so many in the group itself. The approval process generally takes around 2-4 days so plan accordingly.
2. Fill the auto loan application from their website and apply for auto loan while waiting for your membership to be approve. (Step 1 and 2 can be done independently)
3. Call DCU during business hours and schedule a callback (wait times are insanely long, sometimes more than 1-2 hours). Tell them tha tyou have applied for a loan and they will review it with you over the phone, and may approve it too.
4. There is a direct deposit discount and an ev discount, and if you credit score is above 730 (Equifax), you'll get the lowest possible rate they can offer.
5. Make sure to setup Direct deposit to their CHECKING account as failure to do so might increase your APR by .5-15 without any notice.
Any chance you have a referral code you could share? Expected delivery date now 2/14 - 2/28 so thinking I should get prepared. Delivery to NJ - RN1153 ordered in late July.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Thanks for the write up. I’ve been getting discouraged since my EDD moved out 3 months (May as of now) so I needed to hear your words of encouragement. Your car is beautiful!!! I was trying to decide between red and blue but went with blue. But man, that red is really pretty.

At the end of December 2021, after having been assigned a VIN and then losing it the next day, my EDD was moved out to March 2022. I had grown numb to all the EDD changes, and I no longer trusted the EDD, so it didn't bother me. About a week or so later, I got my VIN, and my EDD changed to the second half of January, and I picked it up on Jan 25th. So I have hope for you that your vehicle may arrive sooner than May.

Btw, I love your home state of Utah. I've been there many times, as I have a rental property in Hurricane. One of the most scenic states in the country. I hope you, your Model S, and the state of Utah have many happy years together. :)

They did same with me few months ago. (I ended up submitting my app too soon, and will need to resubmit.

BUt I think thats all negotiable. Next time I plan to submit additional statements from other financial instituions showing more of my net worth to see if I can get the full amount. I was told that the reason I didnt get approved for the full amount (last time) was due to no recent history of me having large consumer debt/loans. Only a morgtage (I previously paid cash for my cars and dont carry revolving debt)
I called today and they said the same thing, since the last car I financed was over 10 years ago and was only 60k they won't approve the full amount. I've leased cars since then so the full amount doesn't show up. Waiting to hear back from the underwriter to see if I can submit other holdings to show net worth.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Please provide any details you are willing to share on your beautifully wrapped MSM LR. I am considering doing the same, especially length of time to wrap and general cost?
It is DMB color, it is an xpel stealth wrap. Took 3 days and $4600. The guy was great with keeping me up to date each day on progress and sent pictures throughout the day.

At the end of December 2021, after having been assigned a VIN and then losing it the next day, my EDD was moved out to March 2022. I had grown numb to all the EDD changes, and I no longer trusted the EDD, so it didn't bother me. About a week or so later, I got my VIN, and my EDD changed to the second half of January, and I picked it up on Jan 25th. So I have hope for you that your vehicle may arrive sooner than May.

Btw, I love your home state of Utah. I've been there many times, as I have a rental property in Hurricane. One of the most scenic states in the country. I hope you, your Model S, and the state of Utah have many happy years together. :)
Thanks! I’ve only lived in Utah for 4 years and I love it. Coming from flat Texas I love seeing the mountains. As for VIN I’m hoping for the same. May is like a placeholder and I’ll get a VIN surprise soon.

Reactions: JeffN