Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my first two MS doe at Capitol Shine in Arlington. Because it was in Jan it took a long time to cure it due to the cold temp. It did take about a week for my previous MS too. But I got the windows tinted at Tint FX in Vienna. For me from Bethesda these places are closer than any of the MD places.
Any particular reason you didn't get the tint done at Capitol shine?

Any particular reason you didn't get the tint done at Capitol shine?
I got my wheel calipers painted by Elite Wheels. So that is another party that did it. They are all a la cart services. For any of the service I have to leave the car I will uber back home and then take uber back to the place to pick up as I have no rides otherwise. So they are all within 5-7 mile radius

Have you decided what you're going to do with your new car? Wrap, ceramic coating, window tint... ?
I plan to get full PPF and some special vinyl designer color. A rendition like the one attached. For tint i may go back to Tint Fx and get MD legal limit as someone posted they got pulled over by local police and that person had very dark illegal tint. I plan to get the Ts wrapped in that same color. I have not decided on the color yet whether blue or other color. Still thinking. Won't be cheap.
sample ppf.png

I plan to get full PPF and some special vinyl designer color. A rendition like the one attached. For tint i may go back to Tint Fx and get MD legal limit as someone posted they got pulled over by local police and that person had very dark illegal tint. I plan to get the Ts wrapped in that same color. I have not decided on the color yet whether blue or other color. Still thinking. Won't be cheap.
View attachment 765389
Will you use Capitol shine again?

Reactions: bhakan
Wow, you guys weren't kidding when you said things accelerate near delivery date. Just got a text saying delivery is scheduled for 2/7 at 4 PM. Which means, the car was already built? Or they're pumping it out now? EDIT: Just spoke to Tesla, the car was born on 2/2/22
Where in California are you? Car born on 2/2/22 delivered on 2/7? Must be NorCal?

To be completely fair, each car requires like 10,000 parts, each with its own supply chain, from all over the world. You only get the car built when you have all 10,000 parts in one place (fremont). Any issues with any vendors, for any reason, will affect the timing of the final product - you are only as fast as the slowest supplier. And that's to say nothing about quality control, unexpected disruptions, the scale which Tesla operates, immaturity of supply chain overall given the infancy of EV, current global supply chain issues, etc.

In the past I have worked at Apple supply chain, which has a world class reputation under Tim Cook, and I can tell you it's got nothing on Tesla, in terms of shear complexity.

So, if you are Tesla, what options do you have regarding EDD? 1) stick with the original parts and wait, even if they are in shortage, as new qualification and internal adjustment processes add to the complexity of the supply chain further (basically the GM/F route), 2) provide the most pessimistic EDD and have customers pleasantly surprised, 3) provide the most update to date EDD based on what Tesla knows about the supply chain real time. Note 2) would still create disappointments at times, as some supply chain disruptions will still happen, furthermore, not sure getting an Oct EDD and all of the sudden being told to pick up the car in March is good for everyone either.

I am not trying to defend everything Tesla does - their customer service could definitely be better - but I do want to point out when it comes to EDD it's not all up to Tesla and their hands are tied somewhat due its huge dependency to its suppliers - and to a certain extent, their own agility, as qualifying new suppliers to replace unavailable ones adds complexity, uncertainty, and execution risk.
Always 2. Under promise and over deliver. Not a new concept.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Picked up earlier today from Portland location. Delivery experience was great. They let us inspect the vehicle inside and out for as long as we wanted and they were upfront about missing some of the floor mats. Car was nearly perfect. I found couple of misalignment issues with one door and couple of the side windows. Already scheduled service appointment for next week. It was delivered with all season tires, which I am very glad about.

I only tried couple of launches and I can't imagine the power of the Plaid. Coming from a car with ~200hp, this is a decent jump and I felt it for sure. Planning to take my time to slowly get used to the plentiful power on tap. As a first time EV owner, very happy here. Onto tint and PPF next week. :)
2022-02-05 10.18.12.jpg
2022-02-05 19.01.43.jpg
2022-02-05 21.18.50.jpg

Picked up earlier today from Portland location. Delivery experience was great. They let us inspect the vehicle inside and out for as long as we wanted and they were upfront about missing some of the floor mats. Car was nearly perfect. I found couple of misalignment issues with one door and couple of the side windows. Already scheduled service appointment for next week. It was delivered with all season tires, which I am very glad about.

I only tried couple of launches and I can't imagine the power of the Plaid. Coming from a car with ~200hp, this is a decent jump and I felt it for sure. Planning to take my time to slowly get used to the plentiful power on tap. As a first time EV owner, very happy here. Onto tint and PPF next week. :)View attachment 765488View attachment 765489View attachment 765490
Very nice! White looks so good, I can’t wait for mine. I also came from a 200HP Car. I’m excited to feel the power.

Reactions: ShanVan

I only tried couple of launches and I can't imagine the power of the Plaid. Coming from a car with ~200hp, this is a decent jump and I felt it for sure. Planning to take my time to slowly get used to the plentiful power on tap. As a first time EV owner, very happy here. Onto tint and PPF next week. :)View attachment 765488View attachment 765489View attachment 765490
I have found white boring on so many cars but I saw this exact combination in person and I was impressed. Very nice.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap

Congratulations!! Looks amazing!!
I’m picking up my black beauty on Saturday and can’t wait!