Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unexpectedly got a VIN today when my EDD was originally July and moved to April-May. Anyone know why this would happen?
Possible reject of the same config by another customer, followed by a fix or attempted fixes, and, voila, there's your new Model S! (Maybe?)

Or perhaps someone else couldn't get financing, or had multiple orders and let one slide.

Long time lurker and avid reader of this thread. I thought I was soooooo close to getting my VIN. With RN1152, I was in the Feb 10-24 window, SA contacted me about updating my trade-in info on Tuesday, I saw the same config I ordered pop up in Atlanta inventory on Thursday, all I need is my VIN! I crossed my fingers and refreshed the app this morning. EDD is now May 11 - June 08. If that date sticks, it will be almost a year from ordering. Elon was 100% when he said the Model S is your own personal roller coaster... 9 EDD changes and that last one made my stomach drop. Congrats to the recent VIN recipients. I'm thankful for this thread.

Long time lurker and avid reader of this thread. I thought I was soooooo close to getting my VIN. With RN1152, I was in the Feb 10-24 window, SA contacted me about updating my trade-in info on Tuesday, I saw the same config I ordered pop up in Atlanta inventory on Thursday, all I need is my VIN! I crossed my fingers and refreshed the app this morning. EDD is now May 11 - June 08. If that date sticks, it will be almost a year from ordering. Elon was 100% when he said the Model S is your own personal roller coaster... 9 EDD changes and that last one made my stomach drop. Congrats to the recent VIN recipients. I'm thankful for this thread.
You may take solace in the fact that a jump like your latest has almost always meant a VIN is imminent. Indeed the recent VIN assignments have actually had a discernible pattern and logic to them to the point that I suspect your VIN is truly imminent. There was an EV news article this morning which said Tesla is driving 2022 Q1 deliveries really hard and on target to beat 2021 Q4 handily.

You may take solace in the fact that a jump like your latest has almost always meant a VIN is imminent. Indeed the recent VIN assignments have actually had a discernible pattern and logic to them to the point that I suspect your VIN is truly imminent. There was an EV news article this morning which said Tesla is driving 2022 Q1 deliveries really hard and on target to beat 2021 Q4 handily.
I just read that article. Thanks for renewing my hope, DermMD!

Agreed. My EDD was a two week window for end of Feb 2022, then jumped WAY out to a 30 day window in April 2022, then suddenly pull back in to my current 7 day window in Feb with a VIN! Hang in there!

Mine now has narrowed to a 5 day window Feb 27 - Mar 2; but no call from the SA or anyone at Tesla except to upload insurance. Do you folks just take a start of date of policy as Feb 27 for ex; and submit the papers? I am still trying to fig out the best way to finance it as well. My Credit Union has competitive rates.