Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it take for the height to adjust?
Instantaneous. It remembers all the speed bump area on the side streets too. I had enabled on some of the major arteries and where they had construction for more than a year and a huge traffic bumps and steel blades. It would work perfectly without any issues. Another place to enable will be some of the supercharger places that are sloped. Best part of MS. This way even if it slopes down no rashes to the car. SInce I had those 21" wheels i had to be careful entering certain driveways with close curbs.

Reactions: JeffTutorialsY
sweet...was thinking of lowering the car maybe an inch max and was hoping adjustments to the height is fast if i go up steep driveways or have a full load in the car with family.
I don't have my 2022 MS yet, but the slowest part of raising the suspension in the earlier cars was getting to the settings. In the early days, it was 2 "button" presses but then Tesla updated the UI and then it was three. You had to touch the settings short cut in the lower left part of the screen, then press the suspension settings button, then hit "High" or "Very High". Once you do that, it's very fast, but I wish there was a shortcut because when you are driving in an unfamiliar area and come across a dip or funky driveway it sucks to have to hit three "buttons" to get the suspension to raise.

Now this comes from someone who has lowered both of his Model S's, so I may be more of an issue for me, but I am curious how the new UI is and how many screen presses it now takes to adjust the height?

edit: I also already have lowering links for my 2022, so it will be dropped as well.

I would love to be able to have the suspension icon as a quick access one at least while I drive to my most common places. It would be awesome if I could geofence and area. There is one large section where I live where the dips are terrible and the speed limits are low. I would love just to mark the entire area as one that I need the suspension at a high setting.

What could also be cool is if we could sort of crowdsource/data share bad areas where you might want to have it in the higher mode. Might be a bit overkill but as low as this car is, and how long the nose is, definitely easy to catch the snout on dips. Or just have an easy quick access button or a configurable button that you choose what you want it to do without clicking through all the menus.

I would love to be able to have the suspension icon as a quick access one at least while I drive to my most common places. It would be awesome if I could geofence and area. There is one large section where I live where the dips are terrible and the speed limits are low. I would love just to mark the entire area as one that I need the suspension at a high setting.

What could also be cool is if we could sort of crowdsource/data share bad areas where you might want to have it in the higher mode. Might be a bit overkill but as low as this car is, and how long the nose is, definitely easy to catch the snout on dips. Or just have an easy quick access button or a configurable button that you choose what you want it to do without clicking through all the menus.
According to the owner's manual, you can do that.

To raise the suspension to High, you can also touch the Raise Suspension shortcut on the main Controls screen, instead of displaying all Suspension settings.

Reactions: RxVanco
The vents move air upwards in the vent area. I haven't found a way to attach a phone mount to that area. However, the wireless phone charger pads work great, and the phone just stays there, charges and does not fall off even under insane acceleration. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max without any case. The only reason why I am looking for a phone mount is to use Waze while driving.
I've been considering doing the same thing. Here's two products I'm looking at:

It may. The date is targeting end of quarter push.
End of quarter pushes were publicly denounced by Elon last year. They were logistically too expensive, he said. Apparently they figured they could deliver the same number of cars per quarter just by being consistent throughout the quarter without spending more money. The lack of it was quite evident at the end of last quarter except in CA and neighboring states. And this makes sense as in fact they could effectuate a limited geographic end of quarter push without extra expense. We also did see East Coast VINs assigned rather close to the end of the quarter being withdrawn last quarter. Presumably to reassign them to buyers closer to the factory.

Last edited:
I really should have known better. As you can see in my signature I had slowly decreasing EDDs. Called and went into my service center to see if maybe late February was the time. Was told by 2 different people two different times that "car was on the way from the bay to SF." Got the call about a trade in as well.
Thankfully my financing is set for 60 days trade in will sadly expire now. New EDD is March 16-31.

I just don't understand why they changed it earlier multiple times to just change it back to similar to one of the earlier ones. Whole thing is absurd as well all know.

Thankfully it's just an annoyance for me me and doesn't really change anything. Now if they did the to deliver to people with earlier RNs I wouldn't even be annoyed but we all know that wasn't the case!

Last edited:
Same. Lol I know I ordered in Jan but already getting annoyed at the edd changes.

On a side note, anyone have little kids? How do the seats (white) hold up? Anything to protect the back of the front seats from their kicking?
Would love some feedback on this as well, also, has anyone found a seat protector so that the child car seat does not leave deep impressions on the leather?

Reactions: mp1024