Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that’s not the only point of ceramic. Don’t see what you’re trying to get at here
Understood. But often I'll see pics of posted cars recently PPF'ed or recently ceramiced and the comments often seem to indicate that a new car with PPF and/or Ceramic is glossier than a new car without PPF and/or ceramic. Which factually, isnt true.

and I get the protective benefits of ceramic. But for me (someone whose car is garaged about 22 hours or more a day on average, since the move to work from home), ceramic isnt really beneficial, especially since I tend to hand wax about every two months anyways to maintain max gloss. So I maintain constant hydrophobicity and gloss on my car anyways. But thats just me. For those who dont wax as often and whose cars are subject to the elements much more, ceramic can make good sense. (depending on the price)

Awesome news. Now can we get a stalk retrofit? The more I used the miserable gearshift controls the more I hate them. God help you if you make a u-turn and the car's turning circle is too wide and you have to back up in a hurry and then go forward.

I had to do that today as I am still learning how tight it can turn (not very). Trying to have it put in reverse quickly and then back into forward was a lot more stress than it needed to be. On the Y a quick tap up and down and you are on the way.

Another scenario where this sucks is if you have to back out onto a busy street and then have to go forward quickly. I also had the opposite today. There is a very blind intersection where you have to nose the car forward almost into the oncoming lane. No fast way of reversing if you find that there is a hidden car just as you pull out.

I can honestly say I don't hate the yoke as much as I thought it would but I still hate it. The lack of stalks and the stupid gearshift design though is something I downright loathe.

Otherwise the car is pretty phenomenal. Much quieter than our Y was. AC is much better than the Y was. Acceleration is awesome for the street. What a fun car on a daily basis. I do wish it it was a touch narrower and shorter though.

Hope all you of you still waiting will get your cars soon!

Well, after 8+ months, today is finally DELIVERY DAY! I know many people on this forum think I'm crazy for not refusing this VIN in favor of getting the updated lights, but my patience has worn thin and I'll take "the bird in the hand" today rather than face another month or two of refreshing my Tesla App 100 times per day. I've printed out the comprehensive checklist and have secured my loan via Navy Federal Credit Union (2.04% for 72 months).

I'm hoping my car is flawless (or mostly flawless), as several recent deliveries seem to have been.

I'm scheduled to have PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow, and the windows will be tinted next week.

One question for the forum: I'd like to buy some all-season/winter floor mats for my new MSLR, and I see three viable options:

1. Tesla-branded floor mats (made by WeatherTech - $250).
2. Actual WeatherTech mats ($189).
3. Maxpider floor mats (seem to be highly regarded here, but I can't find a link to the correct ones for a 2022 MSLR).

From looking at the mats online, I do think I prefer the Maxpider versions, but I can't seem to find a way to order ones that are made to fit the 2022s. Has anyone here ordered the Maxpider mats and had them fit the 2022s? What did you have to pay?

The WeatherTech mats look pretty nice also, and are pretty economical at $189, but I'm not crazy about the big WeatherTech logo on them...

I'll post photos of my new MS once I get it back to Nebraska and all cleaned up! My constant lurking on this forum will likely drop off a bit once I get my car, but I do want to thank everyone here for making the wait more bearable! Good luck to everyone on getting their new "refreshed" Refresh model soon!

From looking at the mats online, I do think I prefer the Maxpider versions, but I can't seem to find a way to order ones that are made to fit the 2022s. Has anyone here ordered the Maxpider mats and had them fit the 2022s? What did you have to pay?
I reused the Maxpider mats from my ~2019 MS in my 2022. The fronts fit perfectly. The rear seat mat is close, I had to trim them slightly around the seat rails. I went with maxpider since they cover the dead pedal and the others didn't. Not sure if that is still the case for 2022+.

Well, after 8+ months, today is finally DELIVERY DAY! I know many people on this forum think I'm crazy for not refusing this VIN in favor of getting the updated lights, but my patience has worn thin and I'll take "the bird in the hand" today rather than face another month or two of refreshing my Tesla App 100 times per day. I've printed out the comprehensive checklist and have secured my loan via Navy Federal Credit Union (2.04% for 72 months).

I'm hoping my car is flawless (or mostly flawless), as several recent deliveries seem to have been.

I'm scheduled to have PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow, and the windows will be tinted next week.

One question for the forum: I'd like to buy some all-season/winter floor mats for my new MSLR, and I see three viable options:

3. Maxpider floor mats (seem to be highly regarded here, but I can't find a link to the correct ones for a 2022 MSLR).

The WeatherTech mats look pretty nice also, and are pretty economical at $189, but I'm not crazy about the big WeatherTech logo on them...

I'll post photos of my new MS once I get it back to Nebraska and all cleaned up! My constant lurking on this forum will likely drop off a bit once I get my car, but I do want to thank everyone here for making the wait more bearable! Good luck to everyone on getting their new "refreshed" Refresh model soon!
I’m waiting for tuxmat to come out with the model s refresh

Awesome news. Now can we get a stalk retrofit? The more I used the miserable gearshift controls the more I hate them. God help you if you make a u-turn and the car's turning circle is too wide and you have to back up in a hurry and then go forward.

I had to do that today as I am still learning how tight it can turn (not very). Trying to have it put in reverse quickly and then back into forward was a lot more stress than it needed to be. On the Y a quick tap up and down and you are on the way.

Another scenario where this sucks is if you have to back out onto a busy street and then have to go forward quickly. I also had the opposite today. There is a very blind intersection where you have to nose the car forward almost into the oncoming lane. No fast way of reversing if you find that there is a hidden car just as you pull out.

I can honestly say I don't hate the yoke as much as I thought it would but I still hate it. The lack of stalks and the stupid gearshift design though is something I downright loathe.

Otherwise the car is pretty phenomenal. Much quieter than our Y was. AC is much better than the Y was. Acceleration is awesome for the street. What a fun car on a daily basis. I do wish it it was a touch narrower and shorter though.

Hope all you of you still waiting will get your cars soon!
I agree 100% on the gearshift design leading to near miss hits on the busy street I am on and have to back into my driveway with cars parked on either side on our streets. As you said it is very tight turn and I have to move back and forth few times and drivers cannot wait or block the traffic on my street. That gearshift design is very bad. I never had problem in my previous two MS cars.

I bought Tesmanian mats last Dec and the mats fit perfectly. I also ordered the frunk and rear trunk mats from them recently and installed them and they fit perfectly well as well. I recommend them. No issue at all and they are less expensive than Weathertech mats which I had used in my previous MS.

Reactions: Ray_R
I bought Tesmanian mats last Dec and the mats fit perfectly. I also ordered the frunk and rear trunk mats from them recently and installed them and they fit perfectly well as well. I recommend them. No issue at all and they are less expensive than Weathertech mats which I had used in my previous MS.
@bhakan I notice your car was delivered 2 weeks after you received the VIN. Was this car already in transit when you got assigned the Vin? Or it really came from the factory to MD in a mere 2 weeks? Trying to be hopeful as I know a VIN assigned too late to make it here by the end of this month will almost certainly be assigned to someone else closer to the factory. That happened as a modified EOQ push last quarter.