Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@bhakan I notice your car was delivered 2 weeks after you received the VIN. Was this car already in transit when you got assigned the Vin? Or it really came from the factory to MD in a mere 2 weeks? Trying to be hopeful as I know a VIN assigned too late to make it here by the end of this month will almost certainly be assigned to someone else closer to the factory. That happened as a modified EOQ push last quarter.
I was assigned the VIN on Sunday, 2/6 and was told it was produced on 2/5. It left the Fremont facility later that Sunday (2/6) or Monday 2/7. Yes, I took delivery exactly in 2 weeks from VIN assignment. I was told my car got to the Tesla SC on 2/20 morning and I took delivery at 3 pm. That was why they missed few items when I inspected.

Reactions: DermMD
I was assigned the VIN on Sunday, 2/6 and was told it was produced on 2/5. It left the Fremont facility later that Sunday (2/6) or Monday 2/7. Yes, I took delivery exactly in 2 weeks from VIN assignment. I was told my car got to the Tesla SC on 2/20 morning and I took delivery at 3 pm. That was why they missed few items when I inspected.
Thanks much. This keeps hope alive

Reactions: bhakan
1646242700113.png

Reactions: Woodchuck
I bought Tesmanian mats last Dec and the mats fit perfectly. I also ordered the frunk and rear trunk mats from them recently and installed them and they fit perfectly well as well. I recommend them. No issue at all and they are less expensive than Weathertech mats which I had used in my previous MS.
Do they seem THIN to you? Read reviews people saying they are thin? Trying to hold out for tuxmats…

Well, after 8+ months, today is finally DELIVERY DAY! I know many people on this forum think I'm crazy for not refusing this VIN in favor of getting the updated lights, but my patience has worn thin and I'll take "the bird in the hand" today rather than face another month or two of refreshing my Tesla App 100 times per day. I've printed out the comprehensive checklist and have secured my loan via Navy Federal Credit Union (2.04% for 72 months).

I'm hoping my car is flawless (or mostly flawless), as several recent deliveries seem to have been.

I'm scheduled to have PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow, and the windows will be tinted next week.

One question for the forum: I'd like to buy some all-season/winter floor mats for my new MSLR, and I see three viable options:

1. Tesla-branded floor mats (made by WeatherTech - $250).
2. Actual WeatherTech mats ($189).
3. Maxpider floor mats (seem to be highly regarded here, but I can't find a link to the correct ones for a 2022 MSLR).

From looking at the mats online, I do think I prefer the Maxpider versions, but I can't seem to find a way to order ones that are made to fit the 2022s. Has anyone here ordered the Maxpider mats and had them fit the 2022s? What did you have to pay?

The WeatherTech mats look pretty nice also, and are pretty economical at $189, but I'm not crazy about the big WeatherTech logo on them...

I'll post photos of my new MS once I get it back to Nebraska and all cleaned up! My constant lurking on this forum will likely drop off a bit once I get my car, but I do want to thank everyone here for making the wait more bearable! Good luck to everyone on getting their new "refreshed" Refresh model soon!
Great to hear you’re finally collecting your new car from KC. I have the Tesmanian mats throughout and am very happy with them. Great coverage and no logos.

I was assigned a VIN on 2/15. Scheduled to pick up on 3/4. I could have picked up a few days earlier. So 2 weeks from VIN assignment appears to be accurate. RN1153, wht/black, 21s, no FSD. July order.

So I'm 1 month in on my new MS. 2000 miles. 8 trips to northern New Jersey to go skiing in weather as low as 10 degrees on the Pirelli summer tires. The tires have performed much better than I had dared hope in cold weather.

Just in time for spring, my local sc says they will be giving me the AS tires this weekend. The Pirelli have definitely gotten quieter with use. The car is already very quiet and I am quite pleased with it's performance so far.

The SC has already given me the missing parcel shelf and lower trunk cover, so i now have everything that was supposed to have come with it at delivery.

I did discover a small pucker in the right rear window trim that they will be fixing this weekend. Not sure how I missed that at delivery, but they're taking care of it without any hassle. I haven't seen any other build issues.

Energy consumption on the 190 mile round trip skiing road trips varies inversely with temperature. This is no surprise. At low temps, I have seen as high as 305 W/M. Today was much warmer at 52 degrees and I averaged 233 W/M for the whole trip. These trips include stuck in stop and go traftic and highway areas up to 75 or 80 mph with lots of 60 and 65 mph cruising.

Autopilot works great. It's very smooth and I have not experienced any fantom braking even in areas with very sharp shadows from trees and overpasses.

Giving rides to friends to demonstrate insane mode results in laughter, much OMG! And I'm nauseous, do it again.

I now think of the 3 driving modes as Wife, Every Day and Bat *sugar* Crazy.

I recently discovered that if I'm looking at someplace interesting in Google maps on my phone, I can click the share location and select the Tesla app. This sends it directly to navigation in the car. If I make a dinner reservation at a restaurant I've never been to, I just put it in my Google calendar and when my wife and I get in the car, the navigation has it all cued up and ready to go.

To everyone still waiting, don't give up. It's worth the wait.

I recently discovered that if I'm looking at someplace interesting in Google maps on my phone, I can click the share location and select the Tesla app. This sends it directly to navigation in the car. If I make a dinner reservation at a restaurant I've never been to, I just put it in my Google calendar and when my wife and I get in the car, the navigation has it all cued up and ready to go.

I love the calendar sync feature. Been using that for years. Showed a lady that feature at the Santa Monica store the other day and she was awestruck.

Finally convinced wife to add locations to her appointments in her calendar so her car just knows where to go. :)

The ability to join Teams/Zoom meetings from the calendar is also slick.

I love the calendar sync feature. Been using that for years. Showed a lady that feature at the Santa Monica store the other day and she was awestruck.

Finally convinced wife to add locations to her appointments in her calendar so her car just knows where to go. :)

The ability to join Teams/Zoom meetings from the calendar is also slick.
Wait- this is new to me- tell me more??? If you have a zoom meeting on your calendar with the link you can join it directly from the car screen???

This is one of my favorite "tricks" that I leverage all the time. You can also send it to the car when you spouse is already in route, to help them find a destination.

LR in the showroom (!!!) in Schaumburg IL tonight. (not mine - apparently not spoken for)

Had a few minutes to look it over. Very nice.

Yes, it had the new headlights, taillights, charge port door and trunk trim. Even had ALL of the cargo area covers!

Nice seeing the 19”rims in person both with and without the aero covers.

Car is huge compared to my existing Model 3, but really looking forward to taking delivery nonetheless.

9403555F-EE46-4DF8-A2C7-AA5B1D005F76.jpeg
8B3F6F57-97BC-4ABE-80FB-ADF84BF2B143.jpeg
CD12D413-72C6-4F55-BCD6-8BCAC0EB5070.jpeg
A4F8825B-3764-404D-9A80-6FDE17728850.jpeg
8BA5C40A-F9E0-4C27-AE84-7F3B34FC9E5B.jpeg
8B19493C-4B48-4383-92BB-13EF2274FEB1.jpeg

Wait- this is new to me- tell me more??? If you have a zoom meeting on your calendar with the link you can join it directly from the car screen???
So long as the phone number (and all the commas,pauses,codes,etc) are embedded in the appointment, then the number shows up to the right. I know this works for certain in Teams (and Skype) meetings. Pretty sure Zoom too but I don’t use it much but seem to recall it working as well. Try it.

LR in the showroom (!!!) in Schaumburg IL tonight. (not mine - apparently not spoken for)

Had a few minutes to look it over. Very nice.

Yes, it had the new headlights, taillights, charge port door and trunk trim. Even had ALL of the cargo area covers!

Nice seeing the 19”rims in person both with and without the aero covers.

Car is huge compared to my existing Model 3, but really looking forward to taking delivery nonetheless.

View attachment 776078View attachment 776079View attachment 776080View attachment 776081View attachment 776082View attachment 776089
New headlights and taillights but old charge port? @EndlessPlaid ?