Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there did you notify Tesla in the app. I got summer tires and want all seasons. Any tips
I had been asking my advisor to confirm my car will come with the all-season tires well before I took delivery, and he kept assuring me it would (since it was being delivered in the mid-west and I ordered 19 inch rims).

When it arrived with the summer tires, and I complained while I was inspecting the car, my advisor quickly agreed to have the all-season tires ordered and installed for me (to get me to accept delivery). He ordered the tires and yes, I did put in a service request for 10 days after delivery to have the tires installed.

You might have a bit more difficult time convincing Tesla to swap out your tires if you didn't say anything about it at delivery, and depending on how cold it gets where you took delivery. It's dangerous to drive on the summer tires here in Nebraska during winter, so it made sense for them to swap.

I'd recommend you put in a service request to see what Tesla has to say. Good luck!

Reactions: Mwolfe and GrnSqrl
It's 2 months from delivery and over 3000 miles. Today I got the last thing they promised me. My Pirelli summer tires were swapped for the Continental all seasons. Just in time for the spring. They did not allow me to keep the old tires. I really don't mind as I had nowhere to store them. My initial driving experience on the 50 mile ride home....for the first 10 miles they felt a bit squirmy. But that vanished. The Pirelli summer tires felt the same way when I first got the car. After that I noticed that the Continentals are a bit quieter, especially over expansion joints which had a noticable sharp sound with the Pirellis, but is just a subdued background noise now. The entire ride is a bit quieter. On a tight entrance or exit ramp at speed, the Continentals seem very solid and connected. How they will behave in wet weather is still to be determined. Today was clear, dry and 42 degrees.

Of course Pirelli just announced the P zero plus all season elect tires in our 19 inch size with a 50,000 mile warranty. Maybe in a year or 2....

Just as an aside, the honeymoon is still in full force. I absolutely love this car. My wife loves riding with me and says she feels really safe, moreso than in our Volvos. I haven't changed the way I drive, it's just so smooth and quiet. And when she isn't with me...on ramps are a huge smile and joy inducer in sport mode. For those of you still waiting....OMG! Your patience is worth it.

RN 1152. Currently set for April 12-May 24.

FSD in MSM with standard wheels (if this helps with anyone's else's tracking)

First time ordering a Tesla and finally get the wait that my friends were telling me...
Update: Tesla called yesterday to see if I would take a 2021 MS LR. I refused (want the new headlights/tail lights). My EDD has updated to March 28-April 17 now. Have several mods lined up for the car.

Update: Tesla called yesterday to see if I would take a 2021 MS LR. I refused (want the new headlights/tail lights). My EDD has updated to March 28-April 17 now. Have several mods lined up for the car.
Had the same happen to me. Previous EDD was 3/24-3/31 but last week changed to 4/14-5/19. They called me last week asking if I was interested in a 2021 (birthdate June 2021) with a $5k discount. Rejected the offer but definitely tempted. Anyways, this morning EDD updated to 3/28-4/17. Hope we get some good news this upcoming week. I’m sure with EOQ push, there’ll be more fixes needed than usual, but I don’t care. With battling interest rates weekly, need to lock it in now.

• Love
Reactions: kvityap
Interesting reading on the current delivery status of the entire Tesla Model range... S, X 3, Y. ;)

"The Model S also got an update and Tesla also has a significant backlog of orders on its flagship sedan – though that’s not necessarily because of a surge in order but the fact that Tesla is still catching up to a backlog after the vehicle was out of production for half of last year.

New orders for the base version, which now starts at $100,000 after a recent price increase, are now being delivered in “November 2022–January 2023”:
You can get the car a bit faster by adding options, like with the other models, but don’t expect the car until later in the second half of the year."

Screen-Shot-2022-03-25-at-11.33.49-AM.jpg

I had been asking my advisor to confirm my car will come with the all-season tires well before I took delivery, and he kept assuring me it would (since it was being delivered in the mid-west and I ordered 19 inch rims).

When it arrived with the summer tires, and I complained while I was inspecting the car, my advisor quickly agreed to have the all-season tires ordered and installed for me (to get me to accept delivery). He ordered the tires and yes, I did put in a service request for 10 days after delivery to have the tires installed.

You might have a bit more difficult time convincing Tesla to swap out your tires if you didn't say anything about it at delivery, and depending on how cold it gets where you took delivery. It's dangerous to drive on the summer tires here in Nebraska during winter, so it made sense for them to swap.

I'd recommend you put in a service request to see what Tesla has to say. Good luck!
Thanks for taking the time. Sounds like good advice.

Our Jan build 2022 has been great so far white/white/21s, no issues.

Actually going to be selling it around August/September I think as going to go ahead and take our 2022/23 Hummer EV1 that is due to be delivered then - confirmed the order recently with GMC and dealer. They are going retain way over MSRP and got it (Edition 1) for MSRP.

Mainly due to it fairing a lot better in the area we live in; rural hill country of TX where there are too many sloped driveways, offroad areas, even our house and yard driving can't be done fully by the MS.

Our Jan build 2022 has been great so far white/white/21s, no issues.

Actually going to be selling it around August/September I think as going to go ahead and take our 2022/23 Hummer EV1 that is due to be delivered then - confirmed the order recently with GMC and dealer. They are going retain way over MSRP and got it (Edition 1) for MSRP.

Mainly due to it fairing a lot better in the area we live in; rural hill country of TX where there are too many sloped driveways, offroad areas, even our house and yard driving can't be done fully by the MS.
I went from a Jeep Grand Cherokee to Raven Model X. The X filled every terrain and need the Jeep did. I always called my Jeep “the Truck”. I started calling the X, the truck. It did towing, hauling, deep snow, mud like a trooper. I just switched to an S and my needs are a little less demanding. I’m little concerned, but I thought I’d give it go. Plan to put a X hitch on it.

Ford and Chevy need to price themselves for good 5 years before I’d touch them. As much as Tesla has sales and service issues. I can’t ever see going back to Ford or Chevy or Jeep (EV’s). Chevy can’t even fix a damn radio in my Volt.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Sorry to see the wheel damage... maybe time for some driver-ed on parallel parking. ;)
Ha, it was actual making some sort of U-turn maneuver? She felt horrible and is even now, gun-shy to drive it. She chose to drive her Yukon for 25 miles today, instead of the S. LOL

It actually gave me a reason to get these 2022 gunmetal Arachnid wheels (repaired) changed to actual black.

How does one find their reservation number after delivery? It doesn't show it in an obvious place. The DMV paperwork I sent back to Tesla had it I think, but as i mentioned, it was sent back. How many digits of the VIN do members on here like to see?
If you have the original order confirmation email from Tesla that should have the RN in it. Possibly also the MVPA, I can't confirm though because I didn't keep mine.

Edit: and of course as I was typing this the page refreshed and you posted your RN 🤣

Thanks for the info and congrats again on your car. Glad to see 1155+ getting orders filled. Hopefully April is the month for me. What a ride it’s been!
You and I should probably not get our hopes too high. He's on the West Coast (not quite geographically but I'm sure within the West Coast delivery category by Tesla). They have filled 1168 there. My EDD has already shifted out of April.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79