Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1170, Ordered 04/23/22, Initial EDD 12/22 - 02/23

MS LR Black, White Interior, 21"s, No FSD

Just got off of an interesting call with Tesla Sales out of San Francisco. When I ordered MS LR Tesla website gave a range of July 22' - September 22'.

I checked the Tesla app immediately after and got an EDD of 12/22 - 02/23. Tesla Rep checked their internal tooling and said the factory was showing an actual EDD of September 22'. Looks like Tesla is significantly overestimating, or their customer facing tool is broken.
Update: Tesla Account now reflecting the correct EDD of September - November '22. Looks like it was out of sync for whatever reason.

This slow down in production has me thinking.. maybe we're going to be seeing HW 4.0 soon? It was rumored to be coming soon since some lines of code referencing it were found in the FSD beta last month. It was originally slated to debut on the Cybertruck but with production slated for 2023 it may come in the Model S first?

What really concerns me is there is no Model S's in inventory. There are only 2 plaids in inventory. There were a slew of Plaids at end of Q1 on the inventory site. VINs are a rare finding on TMC at this point. I wonder if there are some major production issues or supply chain issues. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I noticed the same thing. Two Plaid Demo's to be had right now. A month or two ago there were 50 or so.
The build date on my Plaid was 4/7 or 4/8. So there are still cars being built. Hopefully more cars are going directly to older orders now instead of building high dollar cars to sit in inventory for walk ups.

Reactions: Eclipso
Checking back in, surprised to see no more vins coming out. I was supposed to pick up my car on Monday but at the last minute got a call and they pushed it to Thursday (tomorrow from time of post) due to staffing issues apparently? I found that interesting maybe some of you will too. I will be happy to report back on the state of my car including build date, was supposed to go straight to the shop for tints and PPF but due to the reschedule I will have about six days with the car before that now.

Reactions: Eclipso
Sorry to double post, having issues figuring out how to add details to my signature and how to edit my post, but I figured some details would help:

MSLR Black/Black/19'' Ordered 8/4/21 RN1154 VIN NF876 Received 4/9/22 Pending Delivery 4/28/22
Happy for you, but just another weird scheduling fluke. You ordered four days after me with the exact same configuration and color yet I have not heard anything.

What really concerns me is there is no Model S's in inventory. There are only 2 plaids in inventory. There were a slew of Plaids at end of Q1 on the inventory site. VINs are a rare finding on TMC at this point. I wonder if there are some major production issues or supply chain issues. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Agreed, its either plaids or 2021 demo long ranges with some damage disclosures (those are disappearing fast also). I went for one (you'll need to call since they randomly pop up) and still waiting for delivery. Been about a week since I got it assigned, but they are having logistics delays getting a driver to pick it up...

Took delivery today. Info in sig. The process was crazy fast and barely involved any Tesla person. I saw the car when I pulled in and did a quick once-over. The only issue was a slight trunk misalignment on the passenger side which I didn't even bother them for - I can probably adjust that myself. Paid remainder on the app, signed a few papers and they sent me off and said enjoy the car. Opened the frunk, had the mobile connector. Also had all of the shelves, so I don't think anything was missing except the license plate frame. Glad I chose the blue color, it looks absolutely stunning in person. Kind of upset the embossed "TESLA" on the black bar on the back is no longer there. Obviously refresh-refresh, birthdate was 4/11/22. Was prompted for a software update (to 2022.12.3.1, came with 2022.3.102.1) almost immediately after I selected "Advanced" software updates. Did a full juice pedal in Insane mode and this thing is crazy fast. I can't imagine how the Plaid is.

Attachments

• 67276504893__5581E22D-967F-4734-8E89-CB4C3FEA5C8E.JPEG
    67276504893__5581E22D-967F-4734-8E89-CB4C3FEA5C8E.JPEG
    422.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 1651106594826.jpeg
    1651106594826.jpeg
    654.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    694.3 KB · Views: 96
Took delivery today. Info in sig. The process was crazy fast and barely involved any Tesla person. I saw the car when I pulled in and did a quick once-over. The only issue was a slight trunk misalignment on the passenger side which I didn't even bother them for - I can probably adjust that myself. Paid remainder on the app, signed a few papers and they sent me off and said enjoy the car. Opened the frunk, had the mobile connector. Also had all of the shelves, so I don't think anything was missing except the license plate frame. Glad I chose the blue color, it looks absolutely stunning in person. Kind of upset the embossed "TESLA" on the black bar on the back is no longer there. Obviously refresh-refresh, birthdate was 4/11/22. Was prompted for a software update (to 2022.12.3.1, came with 2022.3.102.1) almost immediately after I selected "Advanced" software updates. Did a full juice pedal in Insane mode and this thing is crazy fast. I can't imagine how the Plaid is.
Are those all season P Zero Elects on the stock 19s?

Happy for you, but just another weird scheduling fluke. You ordered four days after me with the exact same configuration and color yet I have not heard anything.
Forgot to mention I went FSD on my order, I have a feeling that greased my order forward in line a bit. I inquired about removing it but was told I wont be able to retain the August pricing.

Otherwise, certainly seems to be truth behind the idea that east coast is getting priority. I wont pretend to understand the transportation logistics that justify that.

Forgot to mention I went FSD on my order, I have a feeling that greased my order forward in line a bit. I inquired about removing it but was told I wont be able to retain the August pricing.

Otherwise, certainly seems to be truth behind the idea that east coast is getting priority. I wont pretend to understand the transportation logistics that justify that.
I just realized that although we have the same Order Number you paid $5000 more than me based on your order date (not including the FSD). So contrary to Tesla”s statements they still prioritize based on price paid

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Just wanted to share some info I learned the other day for those that might be in my same situation. I ordered early Sept. RN1156. MSM LR 21” no FSD. Received VIN early this month with EDD 4/22-4/28. Suddenly EDD vanished and said TBD instead. Ultimately, I called yesterday to ask what was going on they essentially said it was sitting at the factory because of a huge shortage of truck drivers available for transport. Mentioned they are seeing cars sit at the factory on average 20 days up to 1.5months. No insight as to when they might find a truck for transport🤷🏻‍♂️ The waiting game continues.

Sorry to double post, having issues figuring out how to add details to my signature and how to edit my post, but I figured some details would help:

MSLR Black/Black/19'' Ordered 8/4/21 RN1154 VIN NF876 Received 4/9/22 Pending Delivery 4/28/22
Good luck on your delivery today! Congrats, I hope everything goes well. You should be able to customize your signature after post 7 or 8.

Reactions: notarjy
Just wanted to share some info I learned the other day for those that might be in my same situation. I ordered early Sept. RN1156. MSM LR 21” no FSD. Received VIN early this month with EDD 4/22-4/28. Suddenly EDD vanished and said TBD instead. Ultimately, I called yesterday to ask what was going on they essentially said it was sitting at the factory because of a huge shortage of truck drivers available for transport. Mentioned they are seeing cars sit at the factory on average 20 days up to 1.5months. No insight as to when they might find a truck for transport🤷🏻‍♂️ The waiting game continues.
Thanks for the info. Is there any new Fremont flyover videos floating around to confirm?