Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know definitively what the story is with the inclusion of mobile chargers? I’ve heard conflicting information and am wondering if anyone has accepted a recent delivery that did not include one.

Also curious if its necessary to include the mobile charger when trading in one Tesla for another.

I’m expecting to have my vehicle delivered this week and am curious what the experience has been.
I took delivery a few days ago (of an April built vehicle, according to the advisor) and the mobile charger was included, like usual. I haven’t heard of any recent deliveries without it, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Logan5
I took delivery a few days ago (of an April built vehicle, according to the advisor) and the mobile charger was included, like usual. I haven’t heard of any recent deliveries without it, but I could be wrong.
Also, I’ve heard something about orders after April 17 not including the mobile charger, but interestingly, I actually placed this specific order on April 19th (although it was for an inventory car that someone cancelled their order for while the car was en route from the factory).
I was half expecting the service center to tell me I wasn’t eligible for the mobile charger or remove it from the car or something, but I guess this goes to show that Tesla hasn’t really implemented the April 17 rule yet 🤷‍♂️.

Attachments

• 5329625B-FA4E-4B71-85ED-38B7F56211DA.jpeg
    5329625B-FA4E-4B71-85ED-38B7F56211DA.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: aerodyne
My EDD pushed today too.

I’m ordered 11/28/21
RN1161 | July 2022 original.

3/8-4/1 , 4/14-5/12, 4/28-5/21, 5/17-6/21 (NEWEST)

This is insane and not a way to conduct business. Had they just left it July it wouldn’t have mattered.
Yeah it is insane, while Tesla may be the worst, other automakers are doing the same. I've had a F350 on order (actually ordered within weeks of ordering my Model S) and they just flat out canceled it. I've been hearing and seeing the same across the board.

Reactions: Midwst modlS
RN1170, Ordered 04/23/22, Initial EDD 12/22 - 02/23

MS LR Black, White Interior, 21"s, No FSD

Just got off of an interesting call with Tesla Sales out of San Francisco. When I ordered MS LR Tesla website gave a range of July 22' - September 22'.

I checked the Tesla app immediately after and got an EDD of 12/22 - 02/23. Tesla Rep checked their internal tooling and said the factory was showing an actual EDD of September 22'. Looks like Tesla is significantly overestimating, or their customer facing tool is broken.

Pushed back again May 12 - June 2. Amazing that back at the end of February when I declined delivery, because we were traveling until end of March, remote delivery agent jumped on us and said you decline again and it will be cancelled. It now will be over a year from order to delivery. Just crazy.

Amazing that if I ordered another today Tesla site says July - October

Last edited:

Just got off of an interesting call with Tesla Sales out of San Francisco. When I ordered MS LR Tesla website gave a range of July 22' - September 22'.

I checked the Tesla app immediately after and got an EDD of 12/22 - 02/23. Tesla Rep checked their internal tooling and said the factory was showing an actual EDD of September 22'. Looks like Tesla is significantly overestimating, or their customer facing tool is broken.

Sounds like its out of sync (but who knows) I am showing Jul-Oct 22 online and in the app.

My EDD was moving forward and backward several times. I think it is a teaser. To the end, it suddenly got assigned a VIN and delivery within a week a month ahead of the latest EDD. I think what affects the timeline is how many back out of the order or decline a delivery. If you stick with the basic white exterior, black interior, you probably will get it sooner. Rumor also said California orders get priority because of issues with trucking across the country.

Does anyone know definitively what the story is with the inclusion of mobile chargers? I’ve heard conflicting information and am wondering if anyone has accepted a recent delivery that did not include one.

Also curious if its necessary to include the mobile charger when trading in one Tesla for another.

I’m expecting to have my vehicle delivered this week and am curious what the experience has been.
Took delivery today, had the expected charge kit/adapters.

I took delivery today, nothing was missing.
Also had a face to face with the SA and asked about orders a year and older, my MSLR order that's coming up on a year in June and why I had to call to get assigned a VIN that was a match to my Plaid order, that popped up in inventory near me. She was honest I suppose when she said they have no idea why the system does the things it does.
Had I had not been doing my due diligence, I'm sure I'd still be waiting for a car.
That said, those lucky enough to be taking delivery, be sure read through the checklist. Many of these things can be taken care of after delivery. However something like I encountered you want to deal with before moving the vehicle an inch. It was most likely done on the transport. But the bottom of the front bumper cover and panel behind it were severely damaged on both sides. Parts on order and service appointment made. They were very apologetic, which was nice. Everything else was in excellent condition. I'm really happy with the car and the treatment at the dealership. Not so much with the order process however.

I took delivery today, nothing was missing.
Also had a face to face with the SA and asked about orders a year and older, my MSLR order that's coming up on a year in June and why I had to call to get assigned a VIN that was a match to my Plaid order, that popped up in inventory near me. She was honest I suppose when she said they have no idea why the system does the things it does.
Had I had not been doing my due diligence, I'm sure I'd still be waiting for a car.
That said, those lucky enough to be taking delivery, be sure read through the checklist. Many of these things can be taken care of after delivery. However something like I encountered you want to deal with before moving the vehicle an inch. It was most likely done on the transport. But the bottom of the front bumper cover and panel behind it were severely damaged on both sides. Parts on order and service appointment made. They were very apologetic, which was nice. Everything else was in excellent condition. I'm really happy with the car and the treatment at the dealership. Not so much with the order process however.

I've seen this under bumper damage too. Does not Tesla even care about that preventable damage? They know who, when, and how this car was loaded.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap

I got the same config in bay area. My hold released early April. We probably get our cars same time. Altho my edd shows aug to oct

RN1164 ordered mid February 22. Originally showed April - May delivery. Went to mid April to end of April. Then from that to May 1st to May 20th. And today went to August 15th - October 10th. Ouch. This is a white, black interior, LR with 21" wheels. SE Florida delivery.

Update: My Tesla account / App now reflects the correct EDD of September - November '22