Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who are waiting maybe getting the swivel screen.

I took delivery of my MSLR in early Dec 2021. I recall seeing this report earlier in the year where someone had taken apart the dash of a refreshed Model S to reveal non-working hardware that appeared to be there to support a future screen swivel capability. Will be interesting to see if Tesla will offer a retrofit of MS refresh customers to enable that. If they don't, I don't care, but I wonder if that will happen. PS. After 6,000 miles, I love the car even more. The quality and performance increase over my 2017 MS is significant.

Last edited:
I took delivery of my MSLR in early Dec 2021. I recall seeing this report earlier in the year where someone had taken apart the dash of a refreshed Model S to reveal non-working hardware that appeared to be there to support a future screen swivel capability. Will be interesting to see if Tesla will offer a retrofit of MS refresh customers to enable that. If they don't, I don't care, but I wonder if that will happen. PS. After 6,000 miles, I love the car even more. The quality and performance increase over my 2017 MS is significant.
Glad to hear. I enjoy my ride too. Swivel screen is probably the only thing I may be interested if they offer as a retrofit.

Reactions: SureThing
It's not explainable any way one might look at it. After reading through the "RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!" posts it made total sense to order a MS Plaid if I wanted a car before a year's time. That was in early March, when the EDD was 4 to 8 weeks. Got pushed out on that too. By the grace of God was able to snag a match for the Plaid order from inventory. It was nothing but pure luck.
I think I've earned the right to call Tesla's order process an abomination at this point.

Reactions: TigerBoo
While it is frustrating seeing people with Order Numbers after mine get their cars, I can usually justify it by seeing they paid more than me.
What really irks me is seeing identical configurations with the same or later Order Dates getting cars before me. Some have even made post order changes.
My order has remained unchanged since 7/31/21 and yet I have heard nothing. Literally no reason for this other than random fulfillment of orders.
Just wondering if there are any orders before mine with the same configuration that have yet to get their car?

While it is frustrating seeing people with Order Numbers after mine get their cars, I can usually justify it by seeing they paid more than me.
What really irks me is seeing identical configurations with the same or later Order Dates getting cars before me. Some have even made post order changes.
My order has remained unchanged since 7/31/21 and yet I have heard nothing. Literally no reason for this other than random fulfillment of orders.
Just wondering if there are any orders before mine with the same configuration that have yet to get their car?
This is crazy though. Anyone would think that orders would basically be filled in order number.

I’m sitting on a 6/24/2021 order, and have no hope of ever getting a car at this point. #Vaporware

This is crazy though. Anyone would think that orders would basically be filled in order number.

I’m sitting on a 6/24/2021 order, and have no hope of ever getting a car at this point. #Vaporware
I ordered 6/15 KC delivery and current EDD is May 6 to May 27. 100 percent chance I get pushed back to June tomorrow. I notice EDD start on Fridays and get pushed back on Saturdays frequently. So frustrating that I am so certain the push back is coming.

Holding on strong to that 20 k discount...

Reactions: JakesterMcZap