Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 6/15 KC delivery and current EDD is May 6 to May 27. 100 percent chance I get pushed back to June tomorrow. I notice EDD start on Fridays and get pushed back on Saturdays frequently. So frustrating that I am so certain the push back is coming.

Holding on strong to that 20 k discount...

Is it bad I need to quote myself and give myself a pat on the back?

My EDD went to May 28 to June 18. Officially EDD in the 12+ month club.

I ordered a Tesla S LR in September, 2021 and I received notice in February that it was ready for pickup. However, I did not schedule delivery within the 7 day window, as required, so I was put back on the wait list for future delivery. However, the original price was protected and I now have a new VIN number for estimated delivery in July. Lesson learned: If you receive notice from Tesla you must act quickly or it will go to the next person on the list. But even though the price has gone up $12,000 (including FSD) since my original order, the original price is protected. So it all worked out. Additional note: I was offered a very fair trade-in price for my Tesla 3.

Reactions: Rhyder
I ordered a Tesla S LR in September, 2021 and I received notice in February that it was ready for pickup. However, I did not schedule delivery within the 7 day window, as required, so I was put back on the wait list for future delivery. However, the original price was protected and I now have a new VIN number for estimated delivery in July. Lesson learned: If you receive notice from Tesla you must act quickly or it will go to the next person on the list. But even though the price has gone up $12,000 (including FSD) since my original order, the original price is protected. So it all worked out. Additional note: I was offered a very fair trade-in price for my Tesla 3.
You won’t know actual trade on 3 until you actually trade it. Strange to have a VIN with July EDD. Something is a little fishy with that.

You have a VIN but delivery is set for July? Generally deliveries after VIN assignment aren't that far out?

Reactions: GrnSqrl
I ordered 6/15 KC delivery and current EDD is May 6 to May 27. 100 percent chance I get pushed back to June tomorrow. I notice EDD start on Fridays and get pushed back on Saturdays frequently. So frustrating that I am so certain the push back is coming.

Holding on strong to that 20 k discount...
Reading posts like this makes me even more happy that I didn't reject my MSLR back in early March! I was an RN1151 order from late June 2021 (Black/White/19/FSD), and my car was built on 2/9/22, just a couple of days before the conversion to the new headlights and taillights. When I found out I was getting the "old" lights, I nearly passed on the delivery to wait for the refreshed lights...

From hearing all the sad stories from others waiting to take delivery in Kansas City, I'm pretty sure if I'd have passed on my car I'd still be waiting! Of course, I'd be getting the updated lights and the tilting screen, but I honestly have no qualms with the old lights (and I like the fact my car has Radar and the nicely lighted charge port). My car was not perfect at delivery, but I love driving it so much and it is by far the nicest car I've ever driven!

Hope all you KC delivery friends get your cars soon! Waiting 9 months was ridiculous, but waiting over a year is beyond insane!

Reactions: koorosh
Reading posts like this makes me even more happy that I didn't reject my MSLR back in early March! I was an RN1151 order from late June 2021 (Black/White/19/FSD), and my car was built on 2/9/22, just a couple of days before the conversion to the new headlights and taillights. When I found out I was getting the "old" lights, I nearly passed on the delivery to wait for the refreshed lights...

From hearing all the sad stories from others waiting to take delivery in Kansas City, I'm pretty sure if I'd have passed on my car I'd still be waiting! Of course, I'd be getting the updated lights and the tilting screen, but I honestly have no qualms with the old lights (and I like the fact my car has Radar and the nicely lighted charge port). My car was not perfect at delivery, but I love driving it so much and it is by far the nicest car I've ever driven!

Hope all you KC delivery friends get your cars soon! Waiting 9 months was ridiculous, but waiting over a year is beyond insane!
Hopefully I do not have to wait beyond a year but it is looking that way !

I hope you are enjoying your car. I agree, you have to take it when you get it as the wait is brutal.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap