Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! You bring hope! My date changed today to 6/18 - 7/9. (was 6/11 - 7/16)
This was the 13th change since I ordered on 9/2/21.
RN1155 Mod-S LR MSM/Cream 19” FSD
I noticed the other day I’ve been using the word hope (hopefully, hoping) a lot throughout this process. Not as many times as I’ve checked my EDD in the app but a bunch. I am psyched to have a VIN but I hope 😄 I get the car soon. As of the other day, my car was still waiting to get on the train so I am hoping 😄 I get the car before my financing expires.

I noticed the other day I’ve been using the word hope (hopefully, hoping) a lot throughout this process. Not as many times as I’ve checked my EDD in the app but a bunch. I am psyched to have a VIN but I hope 😄 I get the car soon. As of the other day, my car was still waiting to get on the train so I am hoping 😄 I get the car before my financing expires.
Lucky that you have a VIN#. I got another EDD change this morning. Feels like end of Q1 all over again.. The monkey tries hard but fails. Hope this time I get a vin here soon.

EDD is now 6/15 - 7/6. Was 6/8 -7/13

Lucky that you have a VIN#. I got another EDD change this morning. Feels like end of Q1 all over again.. The monkey tries hard but fails. Hope this time I get a vin here soon.

EDD is now 6/15 - 7/6. Was 6/8 -7/13
I know it. The delivery process and communication need some work. The back and forth has really taken the fun and excitement out of getting a new car. I am in my delivery window starting today and we’ll see if it holds. Looking forward to enjoying the car and feeling the wait was worth it.

Best of luck to you with a VIN. You are due!

Got my dessert today!

Cream, walnut, cherry red LR.

Calling the car "Long Ranger"

Attachments

• 16538692442183632792935170211223.jpg
    16538692442183632792935170211223.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 83
Picked up a new black MSLR yesterday. How is the front license plate holder removed without damaging the paint? Looks to be attached with adhesive tape but I would appreciate anyone else’s experience and advice. Thanks.

Easily, using some dental floss to cut though the foam tape.

It is held on with the 3M double sided, VHB foam tape found through out the car.

You can find the tape at HD or Lowes.

Residue can be rolled off with fingers, and then solvent wipe with solvent, suggest glue gone or IPA (Rubbing Alcohol)

Received a VIN last Wednesday. Today my EDD updated from May 31st to June 4th to May 25th to May 30th. The next couple weeks are tight for me therefore I did call the Kansas City Tesla store to be proactive and they were super helpful. In addition I do have a three to four hour drive to pick up the car.

He told me he did not know why the EDD updated today to an earlier date as the car is scheduled to arrive May 31st from Chicago. He said he could not technically schedule delivery until June 1st or after. Therefore I did schedule for pickup on June 2nd. With that being said he said the pickup times are super flexible. He did state that they are open Memorial Day but not Sunday. He stated if the car was received by memorial Day I could pick it up that day or any day that week. He states it is very flexible to pick a time to come in and pick it up and are always happy to get it off the lot faster.

That was fairly relieving for me as I thought they were pretty strict on the date and time and given my schedule next week this could be a problem.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.
Were you able to pick up your car from KC this weekend? If so, how did it go? Just curious...

Were you able to pick up your car from KC this weekend? If so, how did it go? Just curious...
No, unfortunately the updated EDD was incorrect. That is just classic for the roller coaster EDDs throughout this process. With that being said I am set to pick it up on Thursday. They have been nice and have worked with me which I am thankful for. I am hoping to avoid any bad mojo until then if possible.

Wish me luck!

I will post an update once I get it. Hoping the all seasons are not an issue.

After you get a VIN, do you make payment before receiving and checking over the car? Or can you make payment after signing off on the car? My app is saying to make payment.

You don't have to do that!

I showed the SA my six figure check, then after a 90 min inspection, handed it over.

You need to work with the SA. Make multiple trips to build a relationship, help deliver a few cars for friends, have multiple referrals, tell them you are on their side, pick a time when they are least busy, etc

I was pretty close to rejecting the car after finding damage and certain debris.

No, unfortunately the updated EDD was incorrect. That is just classic for the roller coaster EDDs throughout this process. With that being said I am set to pick it up on Thursday. They have been nice and have worked with me which I am thankful for. I am hoping to avoid any bad mojo until then if possible.

Wish me luck!

I will post an update once I get it. Hoping the all seasons are not an issue.
Do you mean ensuring there are all season tires on it already or getting them to swap them without issue?

I too am concerned about this. In this part of the country, this car should have all seasons, esp on the 19” rims.

Keep me posted. My pickup appt is June 7, but I’m hopeful I might get a call to get it sooner than that.

Do you mean ensuring there are all season tires on it already or getting them to swap them without issue?

I too am concerned about this. In this part of the country, this car should have all seasons, esp on the 19” rims.

Keep me posted. My pickup appt is June 7, but I’m hopeful I might get a call to get it sooner than that.
I did get a text confirmation that it would be all season tires many months ago. So at least I have that. I think there is a 50-50 chance it comes with all seasons. We will see.

Reactions: TigerBoo
I did get a text confirmation that it would be all season tires many months ago. So at least I have that. I think there is a 50-50 chance it comes with all seasons. We will see.
I had several confirmations that my car would come with All-Seasons, so of course it came with Summer Tires... At least the Kansas City guys were apologetic about it and did order the right tires for me immediately (and I got to keep the Summer Tires as backups), so all is well! Good luck on your delivery! A very exciting day after all that waiting!

Reactions: FlatSix911
I wanted off the rollercoaster, so I bought a 21 Plaid instead. Was too good of a deal to pass up. Good luck all.
View attachment 810646
Is that Stealth / Satin PPF? Can you post a bunch more pics? Are you worried at all about upkeep of appearance (getting dirty and looking bad quickly, etc)

I am dropping my car off soon for full PPF and cannot decide between clear and satin. Same color, but MSLR/Tempest wheels

Last edited: