Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EOQ in full swing obviously. Just got the text offering me a Plaid, stating it was a rare opportunity. Such great customer relations! I guess they missed I took delivery of a Plaid in April. Knew back in February my MSLR order from June 2021 was Tesla's last priority.
Love my Tesla, but in my opinion no one needs 1000 horsepower on the street.

Reactions: ccc001
Until you get assigned a VIN# no need to fret over the EDD change. It will probably change again. Once you get a VIN assigned we can all give our opinion on if it is new or not. Even if it is a reject could be a number of reasons that would not be a reason to reject delivery. I'd inspect it carefully and take the car if I were you. No guarantee your brand new one delivered next year is problem free. That has been illustrated over and over again here.
I did get a VIN assigned. What are my options at this stage if I want to make sure I don't get a reject?

I just got VIN assigned and it is 5YJSA1E57NF483*** - is this an older model? Will it have the swivel screen and the new rear lights?

Where did the screen tilt vins start around? Im buying a used 21 MSLR which Im positive doesnt have it at XXX440 VIN but would be nice to know around when it became installed.

Also, is there any talk on a retrofit? I mean, it was in the list of options since the start. New to MS here so pardon my ignorance on the topics.

Where did the screen tilt vins start around? Im buying a used 21 MSLR which Im positive doesnt have it at XXX440 VIN but would be nice to know around when it became installed.

Also, is there any talk on a retrofit? I mean, it was in the list of options since the start. New to MS here so pardon my ignorance on the topics.
This will not have the swivel. IMO more important it may not have the new headlights/taillights. I cannot recall when the VIN# was for that upgrade. The swivel screen started around 477

You will never miss the tilting screen - it's just not an issue. (IMO, as someone who's used a Model 3's screen for almost 4 years)

Reactions: GrnSqrl
This will not have the swivel. IMO more important it may not have the new headlights/taillights. I cannot recall when the VIN# was for that upgrade. The swivel screen started around 477
New lights came out during the mid 473 VIN series. I missed the tilt screen by a week, and honestly I don't regret not having it. Just another part to break, plus the sound of the motors moving is not pleasing to the ears.

I'm curious. Is anyone tracking or is there a wiki that is tracking deliveries based on configurations and order numbers? It seems like some are getting deliveries in far shorter times than others.
I wish there was but I am not aware of anything out there. Tesla releases their quarterly numbers which goes over total numbers for S/X deliveries but does not break it down further.

I'm curious. Is anyone tracking or is there a wiki that is tracking deliveries based on configurations and order numbers? It seems like some are getting deliveries in far shorter times than others.
I put together a simple spreadsheet of data from recent folks in this forum:

Tesla Motors Club 2021+ Model S Tracker

Seems like it takes most folks 10-13 months from order to delivery, unless they live in California. Looks like Canada gets some special treatment too.

Reactions: ccc001
I was put on Hold by Tesla because I didn't respond to their delivery dates within 30 hours. I reinstitute my reservation 10 days later.
Contrary to the assurances of the manager of my local dealer that my order would be prioritized, my new EDD is August 24-October 5. That will put me at 15 months.
Make sure you respond to their delivery request or you'll be punished