Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations and it’s about time! I hope your delivery goes flawless. Did you get the VIN from your SA or did you find it your account source code?
When I woke up this morning, I checked the app (like we all do) and noticed it was being pretty glitchy - EDD disappearing, other buttons disappearing, etc. When the EDD didn't come back I was really worried but logged in to a browser and saw the same old EDD. I then of course continued to check the app several more times throughout the morning but with no change except that my old EDD was appearing again. Legit thought I was gonna get pushed out again.

But then at 1:51pm, I got the text that my vin was assigned!

When I woke up this morning, I checked the app (like we all do) and noticed it was being pretty glitchy - EDD disappearing, other buttons disappearing, etc. When the EDD didn't come back I was really worried but logged in to a browser and saw the same old EDD. I then of course continued to check the app several more times throughout the morning but with no change except that my old EDD was appearing again. Legit thought I was gonna get pushed out again.

But then at 1:51pm, I got the text that my vin was assigned!
I’m glad it’s working out. I’m just trying to figure out delivery timing. It seems delivery happens about 15 days after we get texted a VIN. I think we can find the VIN in the source code 2 weeks before that or 4 weeks before delivery. I hope I’m right because I don’t see a VIN on my account yet which plays perfect with my travel plans. If I was to find the VIN in the source code today the car would be delivered after I get my in country from my travels on September 12th. Whatever happens I hope I get the car before November. Glad to see people getting theirs. It gives me hope.

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
I often times wonder if Tesla employees browse this forum and just laugh at all of us complaining lol.

I know I'm beating a dead horse with this but it's much less the year long wait that I am upset about, and much more the false hope given of an earlier delivery, and the "unfairness" of who gets a car delivered before others. Yes, I get that it's all in the name of profits - I like many people in this forum own a lot of $TSLA. But I'm sure we would all appreciate a bit more transparency.

I often times wonder if Tesla employees browse this forum and just laugh at all of us complaining lol.

I know I'm beating a dead horse with this but it's much less the year long wait that I am upset about, and much more the false hope given of an earlier delivery, and the "unfairness" of who gets a car delivered before others. Yes, I get that it's all in the name of profits - I like many people in this forum own a lot of $TSLA. But I'm sure we would all appreciate a bit more transparency.
We’re all so lucky to even be in the conversation and end up learning patience and self control…. And get an S in our garage.

We’re all so lucky to even be in the conversation and end up learning patience and self control…. And get an S in our garage.

Hang in there. I was 2 days from entering my window (for the 3rd time) when my EDD move out 2 weeks. 4 days later I got the VIN!
Got a Vin as well!
OD:2/1/22
MSLR
EDD: 8/30-9/3
Got the text today that my MS left the factory. Best guess on when it'll reach the east coast (pickup in NJ) and when I'll be able to schedule delivery?

Thanks to the many who have posted order status. It helps with the long wait. My contribution to the forum.

RN1158
OD 10/19/21. Original EDD June/July 22
W/B 19” No FSD/EAP

The following are month and date when EDD changed in 2022 and the new month and date

3/10 June July
3/24 May June July
4/11 Aug 25 Oct 20
5/19 Sep Oct Nov
6/14 Nov Dec Jan
7/6 Aug 13 Sep 24
7/11 Sep 13 Nov 8
7/24 Sep 16 Oct 28 42d
8/3 Aug 17 Sep 6 20d
8/11 Aug 25 Sep 15 21d
8/12 Aug 27 Sep 14 18d
8/13 Aug 28 Sep 1 5d (VIN issued NF48)

I’m glad it’s working out. I’m just trying to figure out delivery timing. It seems delivery happens about 15 days after we get texted a VIN. I think we can find the VIN in the source code 2 weeks before that or 4 weeks before delivery. I hope I’m right because I don’t see a VIN on my account yet which plays perfect with my travel plans. If I was to find the VIN in the source code today the car would be delivered after I get my in country from my travels on September 12th. Whatever happens I hope I get the car before November. Glad to see people getting theirs. It gives me hope.
Well, I was all wrong about being able to find the VIN in advance by checking the account page source code. I checked last night before going to bed and had no VIN. This morning I checked the app and to y surprise I have a VIN assigned, yay! Bad news is the the new EDD is September 1-5. Oh well, we don’t get back from Italy until September 12th. I contacted my advisor right away. Still waiting for a response.

Well, I was all wrong about being able to find the VIN in advance by checking the account page source code. I checked last night before going to bed and had no VIN. This morning I checked the app and to y surprise I have a VIN assigned, yay! Bad news is the the new EDD is September 1-5. Oh well, we don’t get back from Italy until September 12th. I contacted my advisor right away. Still waiting for a response.
Just heard from my advisor. They need to work on their bedside manner. Start by quoting the purchase agreement, “you have a 3 day window to pickup the car”. Then followed that with you have no options but to release the VIN and wait for another one to get assigned.

Got a Vin as well!
OD:2/1/22
MSLR
EDD: 8/30-9/3
Got the text today that my MS left the factory. Best guess on when it'll reach the east coast (pickup in NJ) and when I'll be able to schedule delivery?
As a point of reference, I received a text to schedule delivery in Cherry Hill NJ three days after the text that the car left the factory. The options for pick up we’re still two weeks out but a week later I received a text that said the car arrived early and I could schedule pick up earlier. Hope this helps.

Looks like I will have to turn in my VIN. Has anyone on this forum had to reject a VIN (not the car)? How long did you have to wait before receiving another VIN?
I can't help you there. I think something like this happened to JakesterMcZap though?

Just wondering: did you get a text from Tesla like a month ago to confirm you were ready? There was a message buried in the middle that read, "Please let us know if you have any upcoming travel plans that would interfere with your ability to take delivery."

I can't help you there. I think something like this happened to JakesterMcZap though?

Just wondering: did you get a text from Tesla like a month ago to confirm you were ready? There was a message buried in the middle that read, "Please let us know if you have any upcoming travel plans that would interfere with your ability to take delivery."
I receive nothing. I happened to notice the VIN this morning. I texted my advisor to check on my options. He responded with the very unhelpful “you have 3 days“. I asked him to check how accurate the EDD is and when was the car built. I was told the car was built yesterday and right now it should arrive September 1st.

Right now I’m not sure if I should reject the VIN or wait a week and see if the car is delayed.

• Disagree
I receive nothing. I happened to notice the VIN this morning. I texted my advisor to check on my options. He responded with the very unhelpful “you have 3 days“. I asked him to check how accurate the EDD is and when was the car built. I was told the car was built yesterday and right now it should arrive September 1st.

Right now I’m not sure if I should reject the VIN or wait a week and see if the car is delayed.
Dang, sounds pretty scummy on Tesla's end....

I could that. My question then is, how do I handle the trade-in?
Maybe as simple as signing off the part on the registration that releases your interest. Hmm...probably more signatures required. Tesla is as much touch free as possible. Maybe ... too many maybes here ... they won't care who signs your name. Maybe you can trade in before the S gets there. Thinking out loud because Tesla is not thinking.

Maybe as simple as signing off the part on the registration that releases your interest. Hmm...probably more signatures required. Tesla is as much touch free as possible. Maybe ... too many maybes here ... they won't care who signs your name. Maybe you can trade in before the S gets there. Thinking out loud because Tesla is not thinking.
I agree with you that they are not thinking. That’s what surprised me the most. Not even trying to find a solution and going straight to “if you can’t take delivery in 3 days turned in your VIN and wait for the next chance.

I think I will try and settle the trade in before we leave. I do have someone that can inspect and accept the car. I do think that’s a lot of pressure to put on someone else but who knows when my name would be called again.