Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a vin # a couple days ago, but my EDD went from Nov-23-Dec 12 to February, not sure what to believe at this time. Ordered 1/29. Any idea what I should believe.
  • Model S Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 21" Arachnid Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
dont worry its a known bug your date will update tomorrow. Congrats.

dont worry its a known bug your date will update tomorrow. Congrats.
That's what I was told, the February date came in yesterday, figured it would be updated this morning, but still there....
Agree with @Aleks0404 - it should come back to a normal range.

What is interesting is you went from a November range to VIN. Your order date certainly backs that, just shocking (who am I kidding) that an estimated November turned a VIN. Wonder if 1) they got a shipment of white seats (fingers crossed) or 2) you were automatically matched to a customer decline.

If you are willing to share, what is the first three digits in the last six of the VIN. Can mask the rest.

Agree with @Aleks0404 - it should come back to a normal range.

What is interesting is you went from a November range to VIN. Your order date certainly backs that, just shocking (who am I kidding) that an estimated November turned a VIN. Wonder if 1) they got a shipment of white seats (fingers crossed) or 2) you were automatically matched to a customer decline.

If you are willing to share, what is the first three digits in the last six of the VIN. Can mask the rest.
First three digits of the last 6 in my Vin are 434...

My long story short I was originally supposed to pick up 6/28 but was out of town and so they reassigned my vin, my delivery date went blank after that. Then changed to August, then blank again. Within the last 2 weeks, I talked to the customer service rep who said I would expect the car in mid October, then my date moved to Nov-Dec and now this.

First three digits of the last 6 in my Vin are 434...

My long story short I was originally supposed to pick up 6/28 but was out of town and so they reassigned my vin, my delivery date went blank after that. Then changed to August, then blank again. Within the last 2 weeks, I talked to the customer service rep who said I would expect the car in mid October, then my date moved to Nov-Dec and now this.
434 - sounds like a late June, early July build. No issues with the car / build. Wonder why the estimator is misbehaving. Maybe they forgot to feed the monkey its bananas. Hopefully it gets straighten out for you in a day or two.

Have your SA or delivery center ping the car to get its location. With a VIN, that is no issue.

Edit: thinking more about this. Maybe the issue is that the car is already AT the delivery center and they are trying to figure out how to correct the estimator to reflect tomorrow or some sooner range. Just odd all around. But with a VIN in your account, you are matched to the car.

Last edited:
My February EDD hasn't flinched...
So that blows my theory out of the water that they might prioritize 21" white interiors before end of 2021 as @KyleDay is sitting at end of December / early January as of a few days ago from February (has a mid-June order).

No clue any more. Hard to apply logic to this sometimes.

So that blows my theory out of the water that they might prioritize 21" white interiors before end of 2021 as @KyleDay is sitting at end of December / early January as of a few days ago from February (has a mid-June order).

just throw out the logic you cant apply it to this mess unfortunatly

i will probably be here till April 2022 or so :oops:

My dates haven't changed still...so we'll see. I have strong feelings that lots of dates will change 1st week of September as they prioritize Q3 final weeks.

It's like it's 2013 all over again.. Only with a longer wait. Everyone tried to figure out a pattern then, too. Let me help here, there isn't one. Lol

It's like it's 2013 all over again.. Only with a longer wait. Everyone tried to figure out a pattern then, too. Let me help here, there isn't one. Lol
True, but Tesla was much more transparent about configurations that would speed up, or slow down, your build. They told me at the time of my November 2012 order that ordering Active Air suspension and Tech package would speed up delivery, and Red Multicoat would slow it down.

I went with the Red anyway, and turns out they didn't even have the color decided on yet. The first Red cars weren't produced until late March, and I finally got my VIN #9442 late April.

Like the saying 'this restaurant would do more business if it weren't so crowded', Tesla would do more business if they were better organized and had better communication.

True, but Tesla was much more transparent about configurations that would speed up, or slow down, your build. They told me at the time of my November 2012 order that ordering Active Air suspension and Tech package would speed up delivery, and Red Multicoat would slow it down.

I went with the Red anyway, and turns out they didn't even have the color decided on yet. The first Red cars weren't produced until late March, and I finally got my VIN #9442 late April.

Like the saying 'this restaurant would do more business if it weren't so crowded', Tesla would do more business if they were better organized and had better communication.
I remember all the reds waiting, and I got VIN 9555 (original dark blue). As long as this wait is, that one was worse for me. Mostly because there were none on the road and I'd never seen one in person. Ah, good ole days.

But it does make me sad that they haven't gotten better about communication.