Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cwanja -- I'll post a couple of pics taken at high noon today. Here is one pic I happen to have lying around that was taken noon-ish.

View attachment 703203

Hey @cwanja -- here a couple of pics I just took with direct overhead sun--we have some smoke haze, but still maybe 95% of normal:

IMG_1805.jpeg
IMG_1807.jpeg
IMG_1799.jpeg

Update from my end. EDD is still blank. On Saturday I went into a local Tesla location (not the location where my Tesla will be coming from, but one near by). I asked the guy in the store for an update on my order. His first response was one of frustration, and he basically told me to look on my phone. I asked him politely if he can look in his internal systems because mine is blank. He did and he told me two things: 1) My EDD is blank because "It is about to be reset to an accurate date" and 2) I am definitely not going to get delivery in Q3, but may or may not be in Q4.

Additionally when looking at the various MS's on the lot, I noticed one with the exact same configuration that I am ordering. Interestingly this car was very dirty, like it hasn't moved for quite a while. We haven't had much rain in the Seattle area over the last 2 months, and this car looked like it has sat through several rain storms. I would guess it has sat there for at least a month. I emailed my SA to ask if it's free, and he said it's "currently matched to another customer, awaiting a delivery appointment". However he did say that if they don't end up scheduling their delivery, I might get matched to it. The car did have a sticker on it that said "Bought off, move to logistics", not sure what that means.

1) My EDD is blank because "It is about to be reset to an accurate date" and 2) I am definitely not going to get delivery in Q3, but may or may not be in Q4.
Fingers crossed for point one.

Definitely agree, no Q3 for a late July LR order. Even some older Plaid orders are unlikely to be Q3. Q4 for late July order seem possible, but not guaranteed. I am not even confident in my early June LR order for Q4 delivery. We shall see if point one materializes, what dates are shown.

Did he give you a "more accurate date" or any details other than what you mentioned?

Fingers crossed for point one.

Definitely agree, no Q3 for a late July LR order. Even some older Plaid orders are unlikely to be Q3. Q4 for late July order seem possible, but not guaranteed. I am not even confident in my early June LR order for Q4 delivery. We shall see if point one materializes, what dates are shown.

Did he give you a "more accurate date" or any details other than what you mentioned?
No, the only thing his screen told him was that I wasn't part of a Q3 delivery, he didn't have any details on Q4 yet

Update from my end. EDD is still blank. On Saturday I went into a local Tesla location (not the location where my Tesla will be coming from, but one near by). I asked the guy in the store for an update on my order. His first response was one of frustration, and he basically told me to look on my phone. I asked him politely if he can look in his internal systems because mine is blank. He did and he told me two things: 1) My EDD is blank because "It is about to be reset to an accurate date" and 2) I am definitely not going to get delivery in Q3, but may or may not be in Q4.

Additionally when looking at the various MS's on the lot, I noticed one with the exact same configuration that I am ordering. Interestingly this car was very dirty, like it hasn't moved for quite a while. We haven't had much rain in the Seattle area over the last 2 months, and this car looked like it has sat through several rain storms. I would guess it has sat there for at least a month. I emailed my SA to ask if it's free, and he said it's "currently matched to another customer, awaiting a delivery appointment". However he did say that if they don't end up scheduling their delivery, I might get matched to it. The car did have a sticker on it that said "Bought off, move to logistics", not sure what that means.
I really appreciate people sharing their experiences with the information the SA provide. However this is my 3rd Tesla, nothing my advisors have ever told me in the last 4 years has ever been accurate or near accurate. I don’t communicate with them at all, most of the time they tell you information they believe will end the conversation. Perhaps it’s just Eatonville here in Florida that’s the issue, but nothing that has ever come out a advisors mouth I have ever found to be true.

How does the priority work when someone refuses delivery? Shouldn't that just go to the next person in line for that specific config? I keep seeing postings saying that you can be put on a different list for "refused deliveries" if you ask the SA to do so which seems a bit strange.

If so, Tesla's process is that they will put people on a priority list if they complain, and possibly give those that are on this "priority" list a faster delivery than others that may have placed an order earlier but never raised a concern? Seems odd....

Maybe i'm missing something here.

How does the priority work when someone refuses delivery? Shouldn't that just go to the next person in line for that specific config? I keep seeing postings saying that you can be put on a different list for "refused deliveries" if you ask the SA to do so which seems a bit strange.

If so, Tesla's process is that they will put people on a priority list if they complain, and possibly give those that are on this "priority" list a faster delivery than others that may have placed an order earlier but never raised a concern? Seems odd....

You’re attributing organization to Tesla where there clearly is none. It’s all a black market of handshake whisperings trying to find a match.

To be honest, I have zero confidence that my SA is going to attempt to get me a car that someone has refused. They seem far too busy and uninterested to keep following up on a side task like this

Hmm this is a tricky one, as it certainly sucks that a car might go to someone way at the back of the queue, just because they happened to ask an SA who was being helpful. A better system would be if they were to assign the VIN to the next person in line for that config at that delivery center, who's not already matched to a VIN. However I don't think that should be the case if said vehicle has been refused because it didn't meet the prior customers QA standards. Certainly not if those issues haven't been addressed. I believe what we're seeing happen is those refused cars being put in to inventory for whoever snatches them up first, at full price, and potentially without all those issues getting addressed (I have no evidence this is actually happening).

Hmm this is a tricky one, as it certainly sucks that a car might go to someone way at the back of the queue, just because they happened to ask an SA who was being helpful. A better system would be if they were to assign the VIN to the next person in line for that config at that delivery center, who's not already matched to a VIN. However I don't think that should be the case if said vehicle has been refused because it didn't meet the prior customers QA standards. Certainly not if those issues haven't been addressed. I believe what we're seeing happen is those refused cars being put in to inventory for whoever snatches them up first, at full price, and potentially without all those issues getting addressed (I have no evidence this is actually happening).
that's messed up if that were the case (giving a potentially busted car to someone without telling them and/or fixing it).

I guess the other view of this is that giving it to someone at the back of the original line would just make that person's EDD today (vs the others in front of them). They would also be assigned a car that someone refused.... I don't know what's worse, waiting for 5 months or taking delivery of a car that someone else refused without knowing the specific reason.

that's messed up if that were the case (giving a potentially busted car to someone without telling them and/or fixing it).

I guess the other view of this is that giving it to someone at the back of the original line would just make that person's EDD today (vs the others in front of them). They would also be assigned a car that someone refused.... I don't know what's worse, waiting for 5 months or taking delivery of a car that someone else refused without knowing the specific reason.
I think that is the reason why Tesla will never fix their horrible QC issue. There is always someone who is willing to take delivery that is not as aware of all the issues and will either 1) brush it off or 2) not even notice.