Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

they bumped my EDD to 9/23-30. Good news is its a tighter window which seems to track the typical pattern. Bad news it’ll be a rushed end of quarter delivery.
I would not worry about EOQ rush. My LR was built on 6/21 and I got delivery 6/30. As I have been following the “refreshed issues” thread, I have almost no issues with the car. Some things need a software update but as far as the build is concerned, I have one piece of rubber or whatever it is made of around the rear window that looks a little unfinished. If I find a couple other issues I will request a service. But so far, so good😀

keep an eye on new inventory, I picked up a Plaid in less than a week.
I'm happy to wait a bit longer and get my 10k lower amount on the car. Though if I didn't reserve it before the Plaid day, then that makes total sense to get a plaid through inventory. (Haven't seen any with white interior on the inventory) There are currently 3 plaids in Hawaii and 1 in Los Angeles that I've found.

keep an eye on new inventory, I picked up a Plaid in less than a week.

With white interior???

I'm happy to wait a bit longer and get my 10k lower amount on the car. Though if I didn't reserve it before the Plaid day, then that makes total sense to get a plaid through inventory. (Haven't seen any with white interior on the inventory) There are currently 3 plaids in Hawaii and 1 in Los Angeles that I've found.
Much like @impastu - I would be surprised to see a white interior inventory. I recall someone mentioned it during the initial wave of inventory showing up. But yet to “see” one again.

Wtf. I got moved from mid Nov-early Dec to late December-early January. Original estimate was late June 2021. Then July. Then blank.

Plaid+ convert from September 2020. Dumb. I’m not inclined to buy a new car that is already dated by 6 months. Might skip and wait doe the actual Plaid+.

I’ll give it a few days to settle.
Sorry to hear about your EDD changes but I don’t follow your logic. Are you saying you only buy cars within a few months of a major redesign, otherwise it’s somehow dated? If that’s the case then you should never buy a car because 99.9% of the time cars are not brand new redesigns.

If anything buying a new car within a few months of a redesign opens you up to build quality issues that won’t exist 6 months to a year later.

Wtf. I got moved from mid Nov-early Dec to late December-early January. Original estimate was late June 2021. Then July. Then blank.

Plaid+ convert from September 2020. Dumb. I’m not inclined to buy a new car that is already dated by 6 months. Might skip and wait doe the actual Plaid+.

What are the first 4 numbers of your order RN?

With all the issues with the early production on this car that I've been hearing about. I'm kind of glad to be getting it later. Hopefully they get the issues ironed out by the time we get our cars. And it'll most likely be a 2022 Tesla Plaid to help a little with resale value.

L
With all the issues with the early production on this car that I've been hearing about. I'm kind of glad to be getting it later. Hopefully they get the issues ironed out by the time we get our cars. And it'll most likely be a 2022 Tesla Plaid to help a little with resale value.
Yes indeed, and if you get your car around 2022 expect some minor interior upgrades. I think the upgrades and "better production quality" are worth the wait!

Such as? There is zero evidence of this or to support that claim. And as I have said multiple times, Tesla will not just start making changes to their car when the clock strikes 12AM on 1/1/2022.
I am just sharing what I know, believe it or not that's your own judgement and always take a grain of salt. And Of course it's not at 12AM 1/1/2022. If everything goes well it should start from late October though out Q1 2022. Don't expect all the updates at once, they will start with motorized screen first.