Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Investment? Not at all. I'm just saying the car's "worth" to me is partly based on the novelty. It's like options trading in that there is a time value (emotional) to me that decays. I don't mean like, actual financial value, although there is that too.
Makes sense. Apparently the car is ‘worth the wait’ so hopefully you forget all about this wait after you get it.

I hope you're right. Although I did watch a review today from Edmunds, and the reviewer felt the premium over the LR was a waste of money, and that the car is only great on the drag strip, and that the yoke is a joke. :(
Well we already knew that that bit about the Plaid being a waste of money ;) It really is bragging rights as he stated. But each to their own, and if that's what people want to spend their money on, fine. But let's call it what it is :)

• Funny
Reactions: MattMac and impastu
Well we already knew that that bit about the Plaid being a waste of money ;) It really is bragging rights as he stated. But each to their own, and if that's what people want to spend their money on, fine. But let's call it what it is :)

Yeah I mean I guess $40k isn't a huge deal and to me it's worth the bragging rights and possibly having more ooomph at triple digits. You only live once and can't take it with you, so why not?

Yes, I am also waiting for that elusive Tesla unicorn. A MS LR with white interior and 19" wheels. Not sure that I could have assembled a configuration that would guarantee months of waiting for my new car. Many have ordered months after me that have received their new vehicles already. Meanwhile I just keep waiting. Everyone that has received their new MS says the wait is worth it. So I keep hanging on.

1631108782928.png

@Sigma4Life said "At least on the bright side a 2022 car will resell for more than a 2021 version". That maybe be true depending on mileage. But a refreshed MS with white interior could bring in a higher resell value. White interiors like unicorns are very rare in refreshed Model S.

Investment? Not at all. I'm just saying the car's "worth" to me is partly based on the novelty. It's like options trading in that there is a time value (emotional) to me that decays. I don't mean like, actual financial value, although there is that too.
well, if everybody who has an order is waiting for it, then it's still pretty novel! If you're a white seat RN, they are novel indeed.

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I believe that since the novelty factor gets stale as more time goes by and other people have it, you could/should probably cancel your order, and look to another option instead! it may help me move up the ladder and I'll be grateful! Dont get influenced by the fanbois to hang in there!!!

people who've ordered multiple cars knowing they wont take delivery, which then result in sudden inventory cars are part of the reason I'm delayed.

I wholeheartedly support anyone who cancels a white interior ASAP, before the car gets built...

please do it!

Last night I received a text message that my delivery location was changed but that it would not affect my deliver date. This morning my EDD crept up by about 12 days to November 29-December 19 (from December 11-31). I'd like to to creep up to this quarter.
I am pretty doubtful of a Q3 delivery for you, just saying. Thousand Oaks give you a better than zero probability, especially with cancellation or decline. What is more interesting to me is your delivery window + RN + when you changed from 19s to 21s.

Your RN would lead me to an earlier delivery window - say around MFrunkerOG's. But yet you have another 19 days between the "start" of your window. In those 19 days, are "beginning estimated delivery days" from orders at the end of May and beginning of June - my order for example. So I am beginning to wonder if your change from 19s to 21s reset your timeline and pushed you in the "queue". What will be interesting is if it holds and those orders after you (without modification) get delivered before you.

I know full and well that no one will be coming back to this thread, this post to answer that question. But just my analysis.

I am pretty doubtful of a Q3 delivery for you, just saying. Thousand Oaks give you a better than zero probability, especially with cancellation or decline. What is more interesting to me is your delivery window + RN + when you changed from 19s to 21s.

Your RN would lead me to an earlier delivery window - say around MFrunkerOG's. But yet you have another 19 days between the "start" of your window. In those 19 days, are "beginning estimated delivery days" from orders at the end of May and beginning of June - my order for example. So I am beginning to wonder if your change from 19s to 21s reset your timeline and pushed you in the "queue". What will be interesting is if it holds and those orders after you (without modification) get delivered before you.

I know full and well that no one will be coming back to this thread, this post to answer that question. But just my analysis.
I feel like we're trying to find order in chaos. I ordered before him, changed to 21's after him, and my EDD is now Nov 6-Nov 26. So who knows. But it's giving us something to do while we wait, I guess!

question will be what will happen to this Forum once we all have our cars :)
A new class of saps will be around to keep things going. And I am sure some of us "old timers" will still be here to tell them to "stay off my lawn". Instead of refreshing TMC and Tesla Account, you will just refresh TMC. But a lot less.