Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else see this article?

I did, and sadly I find it to be a rather poorly written article that doesn’t tell me anything substantial. These are the points I gathered:

1. Deliveries dropped - yes we know that
2. Deliveries are ramping up - yes, of course they are
3. Deliveries might go up even more - well, I would hope so given #1, #2, and the fact that a manufacturing plant should strive for continuous improvement.
4. High margin vehicles are great for Tesla - yes, I think we can all agree to that.
There’s a lot of “could”, “might”, “possibly” in this article, and everyone that’s placed an order for a MS in the last year has probably been thinking the same thing.

Maybe someone on this forum wrote it to give us hope.

1150 -June 1 - Blue/white/19/FSD

EDD has been all over the place like the rest of you. Latest change is Dec 27-31. Was Dec 10-30. I think I’m on the EoQ wish list. Not taking any of these dates seriously any more. As in I can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

On a separate note - When I talked to the finance people, they told me who my TA is. (I think that’s an SA?). I’ve emailed a couple times with questions. Crickets. Any way to get an SA to answer a question or two?

1150 -June 1 - Blue/white/19/FSD

EDD has been all over the place like the rest of you. Latest change is Dec 27-31. Was Dec 10-30. I think I’m on the EoQ wish list. Not taking any of these dates seriously any more. As in I can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

On a separate note - When I talked to the finance people, they told me who my TA is. (I think that’s an SA?). I’ve emailed a couple times with questions. Crickets. Any way to get an SA to answer a question or two?

They only seem to get responsive once the car is built. Then they disappear again after you take delivery.

I did, and sadly I find it to be a rather poorly written article that doesn’t tell me anything substantial. These are the points I gathered:

1. Deliveries dropped - yes we know that
2. Deliveries are ramping up - yes, of course they are
3. Deliveries might go up even more - well, I would hope so given #1, #2, and the fact that a manufacturing plant should strive for continuous improvement.
4. High margin vehicles are great for Tesla - yes, I think we can all agree to that.
There’s a lot of “could”, “might”, “possibly” in this article, and everyone that’s placed an order for a MS in the last year has probably been thinking the same thing.

Maybe someone on this forum wrote it to give us hope.
I agree with everything you’ve said except number 2. I see no evidence they are ramping up. Actually seems to be slowing.
Also, number 4. We can all agree they are more profitable. But it seems that the author was saying that fact was a driving force behind ramping up. If that is true, why haven’t they ramped up until now (not that they actually have). I’ve wondered that for almost a year now. They ship $50k cars instead of $100k cars. The only thing I can think is that maybe because they have a certain amount of chips and the model S may require more chips than the other lower end models??? In other words, they can produce five MYs to every one model S.

Updated again this morning.

Estimated Delivery: December 04 - December 31​

Seems about in line with where mine is. My EDD has been Nov 20-Dec 10 for a little while now, hasn't changed for a few weeks. Same configuration but 21s, 1145. Florida. Fingers crossed we start seeing some actually get delivered this month, and then I'll have more hope!