Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crap crap crap! Went to February!

I hope that’s code for 2 weeks from now!!!

If not, I need to murder someone!
That is bullshit. I'm surprised you aren't raising hell with Tesla. I've surprised you've kept your order. I would be so pissed if I shelled out $150k or whatever and was treated like this. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see other car manufacturers sue Tesla for false advertising with the false EDDs.

That is bullshit. I'm surprised you aren't raising hell with Tesla. I've surprised you've kept your order. I would be so pissed if I shelled out $150k or whatever and was treated like this. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see other car manufacturers sue Tesla for false advertising with the false EDDs.
I should be more pissed, but strangely, I’m not! Because I don’t believe Feb is real like Butterfly said.

And if it is, I get to keep my current S a bit longer :)

Edit - I just revealed the date change to my wife and she said and I quote “by now I thought you would have moved on to some other brand, but not you! If you’re okay waiting around like this, you really don’t need a new car”

I think there’s some truth in what she’s saying. It was never about “need” with me. It was always about “want”

Last edited:
I feel the pain for ya too. Let’s be clear that no one shelled out $150k or even something remotely close to what a normal down payment would look like. In my mind, we all paid $100 for the right to buy the car. Yeah, it sucks that people are being pulled left and right because Tesla’s planning and maybe their priorities are messed up. I’d be incredibly pissed if I actually paid $100k+…but I didn’t and so I’m gonna sit back, refresh the Tesla page daily (or hourly), have a good laugh about it, post and read the fantastic stories all over this forum, and just be excited that Santa will drive my Model S down my chimney in December (could be Jan, I know).

I’ve spent $100 on way dumber things than this, none of which will end up with me having a fantastic car at some point.

I feel the pain for ya too. Let’s be clear that no one shelled out $150k or even something remotely close to what a normal down payment would look like. In my mind, we all paid $100 for the right to buy the car. Yeah, it sucks that people are being pulled left and right because Tesla’s planning and maybe their priorities are messed up. I’d be incredibly pissed if I actually paid $100k+…but I didn’t and so I’m gonna sit back, refresh the Tesla page daily (or hourly), have a good laugh about it, post and read the fantastic stories all over this forum, and just be excited that Santa will drive my Model S down my chimney in December (could be Jan, I know).

I’ve spent $100 on way dumber things than this, none of which will end up with me having a fantastic car at some point.
Umm $1000

I should be more pissed, but strangely, I’m not! Because I don’t believe Feb is real like Butterfly said.

And if it is, I get to keep my current S a bit longer :)

Edit - I just revealed the date change to my wife and she said and I quote “by now I thought you would have moved on to some other brand, but not you! If you’re okay waiting around like this, you really don’t need a new car”

I think there’s some truth in what she’s saying. It was never about “need” with me. It was always about “want”
when asking my advisor about the loan change and a date of Nov, he said he's seen that start happening when a VIN is soon. We've also seen that the glitch in the Matrix is going to Feb right before a VIN assignment. We're getting close!!

Lessee, $100 on way dumber things? How 'bout 371? pints of bia hoi (local Hanoi draft beer at around 27 cents each) OR 3 "Stormy" seconds (not positive about the seconds).

just bought my temporary ride till our white seats get delivered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-164524_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-164524_Gmail.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 66
It might be the wine talking (FL fall out plus bank holiday tomorrow = extra day of wine drinking outside), but I'm getting really tired of driving my 08 Corvette daily. Manual 6 speed sounds fun until you drive in stop and go traffic on the daily. I really really miss auto pilot. I really really miss never pumping gas. I really really miss not having to do what amounts to a one legged squat to get out of the car. I really really hope the folks who bought my 2016 90D love her like I did (they do, they text me videos of post car washes all the time).

I am beyond ready for my beautiful new LR S. Can I please just have it already??

Rant over.

It might be the wine talking (FL fall out plus bank holiday tomorrow = extra day of wine drinking outside), but I'm getting really tired of driving my 08 Corvette daily. Manual 6 speed sounds fun until you drive in stop and go traffic on the daily. I really really miss auto pilot. I really really miss never pumping gas. I really really miss not having to do what amounts to a one legged squat to get out of the car. I really really hope the folks who bought my 2016 90D love her like I did (they do, they text me videos of post car washes all the time).

I am beyond ready for my beautiful new LR S. Can I please just have it already??

Rant over.
haha. I'm at a local event Chalktoberfest and I keep refreshing. Dang beer made me buy an ebike. lol.

So I waltz into a delivery center yesterday to try and see what they would say to the "factory gate", "soft VIN matched" date, etc. now that we are in the same quarter of my currently proposed delivery date. And I walked out with "mid-December" which is right in-line with my current estimated delivery date timeline of 11/28 to 12/18. Never saw a screen, never confirmed (or denied) a factory gate, soft VIN match, etc.

No date change.

So I waltz into a delivery center yesterday to try and see what they would say to the "factory gate", "soft VIN matched" date, etc. now that we are in the same quarter of my currently proposed delivery date. And I walked out with "mid-December" which is right in-line with my current estimated delivery date timeline of 11/28 to 12/18. Never saw a screen, never confirmed (or denied) a factory gate, soft VIN match, etc.

No date change.
Hopefully we should be getting our cars around the same time

No date change.
I wouldn’t expect any positive news / movements until your EDD range starts to tighten once the monkey sees a TX-bound rail car of cars coming off the line. I expect to see my EDD tighten this coming Friday or weekend/monday latest. If not, I take this is negative news for NYC-area deliveries predicted for late October / early November.