Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's good to know, but why would someone want to do this? Is it to hope for better quality, or a 2022 VIN?

Some have reported that the year end changeover occurs in November.

My main reason to do this is to ensure better quality, in that the cars with defects are more likely to be caught.

Unlike my friends MY delivery End of Sept, where the steering went out and he nearly crashed a mile from the store...

He had a white interior, BTW. Not that was a factor in the steering failure, but I have noted that I am off topic..

You'll probably get a 2022, should switch over any day now. Very little if anything will different with the car but it'll technically be a 2022.
With a Plaid you should expect to depreciate more than a long range I'd think still though.
Mainly due to higher price. Higher the car price higher the depreciation hit (generally speaking). My plan is to take delivery of my LR, hang on to it for about two years, sell privately, put funds towards a used Plaid. Financially I'll come out ahead by a few thousand.

Mainly due to higher price. Higher the car price higher the depreciation hit (generally speaking). My plan is to take delivery of my LR, hang on to it for about two years, sell privately, put funds towards a used Plaid. Financially I'll come out ahead by a few thousand.
But those 2 years of NOT having Plaid you’ll never get back. Just sayin…

This morning, I also went from blank to this same range (I think it was December 17-January 17). I put my name on a list at my Mercedes dealer to be called when the EQS is in the showroom. Whichever is available first!
I looked at the same. However, I really want the 580 and they are in very short supply. The 450 a little easier.

IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0173.jpeg
IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg
IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0182.jpeg
IMG_0194.jpeg

My Model S arrived yesterday. LR/Blue/White/FSD/21" I ordered October 25th 2020. Paused the order in December when rumors of a refresh started appearing. Then resumed the order the day the refreshed car was announced. So it was about a week short of one year from order date. It is definitely a major step up from my 2018 Model X which itself was great. Overall, the car was in very good condition. There are a few paint blemishes/scratches and wrinkled seats, but I am sure I will cause more of both through daily use so I don't really care. So far the yoke is fine, but the blinkers are very annoying. The rear trunk is really loud when it opens so I might have mobile service take a look at it if it does not go away soon. The only thing the car is missing is the trunk cover.

View attachment 721880View attachment 721881View attachment 721882View attachment 721883View attachment 721884View attachment 721886View attachment 721887View attachment 721888

My Model S arrived yesterday. LR/Blue/White/FSD/21" I ordered October 25th 2020. Paused the order in December when rumors of a refresh started appearing. Then resumed the order the day the refreshed car was announced. So it was about a week short of one year from order date. It is definitely a major step up from my 2018 Model X which itself was great. Overall, the car was in very good condition. There are a few paint blemishes/scratches and wrinkled seats, but I am sure I will cause more of both through daily use so I don't really care. So far the yoke is fine, but the blinkers are very annoying. The rear trunk is really loud when it opens so I might have mobile service take a look at it if it does not go away soon. The only thing the car is missing is the trunk cover.
@Tigers rear interior door looks aligned REALLY well. And the front looks aligned. Maybe they finally fixed it.

View attachment 721880View attachment 721881View attachment 721882View attachment 721883View attachment 721884View attachment 721886View attachment 721887View attachment 721888

GORGEOUS, and my order as well, except for the wheels.
is this the first white LR delivered? or at least of late?
Enjoy in good health!!!!!

You'll probably get a 2022, should switch over any day now. Very little if anything will different with the car but it'll technically be a 2022.
With a Plaid you should expect to depreciate more than a long range I'd think still though.
I'd like to agree with you, but I saw no registration for a 2022 designation with the motor vehicle ID system (unless it is delayed). someone posted (here or another thread) that it looks like 2022 will actually start in 2022 - so that means you could get a 2021 car in January. I hope not, but I think that's where we are at.

Congrats and looks great! I'll also note the paint looks same level of gloss as $6k of PPF wrap. (just to debunk the "look how much more glossy my paint is now with PPF on it vs no PPF" posts. lol)

I'd like to agree with you, but I saw no registration for a 2022 designation with the motor vehicle ID system (unless it is delayed). someone posted (here or another thread) that it looks like 2022 will actually start in 2022 - so that means you could get a 2021 car in January. I hope not, but I think that's where we are at.
When I bought my model 3 I took delivery in early February 2020 and received a 2020 model. Maybe this will be similar?

Are those all season Michelin tires?