Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#6 great to hear. You doing ppf? I usually don’t on mass produced cars since an entire bumper hood respray with oem pain no blending is about the same cost as decent ppf. But that area in front of the wheel would be a pita to respray
I think I will do a full front, rear fender ppf. I agree with your financial analysis , but I just dislike seeing even a single rock chip and swirls! Hence!!!

Yeah to be honest if I knew I was going to keep it for a few years I wouldn't give a *sugar*. But this car I'm planning on keeping until they product the 4680 model y or I decide to go with a rivian end of next year (if I'm lucky). I mean you know me bro I've been on here every day begging for one so it's a painful choice but I don't want to **** myself out of some money because I can't wait another few weeks perhaps.
I know nothing more than your SA (So I don't know *sugar*) ...

Tesla did not start producing any 2021 Model S until June of this year. Just a mere 5 months ago even though some of us have been waiting for a year. The previous years Model S and this years Model Y were produced for a full year. In my opinion the refreshed Model S 2022 built cars will not be until Jan 2022.

@Tigers you will be driving off in your sharp looking red Model S with at least $10,000 more valuation than you paid. Not too many times when you buy a new car and don't lose money as soon as you leave the lot. That will be true if you take delivery today or early next year. The purchase price increases, very high demand, and the chip shortages are making all car valuations ridiculously high.

You have more patience than I. I couldn't turn down a delivery. I hope that you get what you want even though we can't get when we want.

Last edited:
I feel like Tesla is playing a mean trick on me, but my Jan 21 delivery date just got moved to Thursday this week. Can't be right?

I never had mine move quite that close, but a couple of times through the process I got pretty deeply tricked... Like would go from 2 months out to 2 weeks out. Then after a week, would go to 3-4 months out. Did you get a vin?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Lost my November 13 - December 3 (twenty day range) and was given a November 27 to December 25 (twenty eight day range). My SA has maintained for about the past 6 weeks that there was a soft date of November 26 and that I should expect a VIN mid-November. Does this shift signal anything meaningful to anyone?

April 15 order. Black/White 19 no FSD

If there's one thing I've learned, until you have a vin do not get your hopes up. As I've followed this thread, time and time again SA are given bad info which is then passed on to the customer.

Haven't been posting because it probably doesn't help everyone that has been waiting forever - but here's the update.
Ordered Plaid White / White / Carbon fiber - 19"s on October 1st (Tampa, FL) and Delivered Friday November 5th.
Original delivery date was April / May of 2022
One week later moved up to December 2021
One week later delivery window of 10/31 - 11/6
Vin on 10/25 (I think)
Delivered flawless Plaid on 11/05

Cheers - sorry for jumping the line (I have no idea how this happened!)

Attachments

• Plaid.jpg
    Plaid.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Haven't been posting because it probably doesn't help everyone that has been waiting forever - but here's the update.
Ordered Plaid White / White / Carbon fiber - 19"s on October 1st (Tampa, FL) and Delivered Friday November 5th.
Original delivery date was April / May of 2022
One week later moved up to December 2021
One week later delivery window of 10/31 - 11/6
Vin on 10/25 (I think)
Delivered flawless Plaid on 11/05
View attachment 730616

Cheers - sorry for jumping the line (I have no idea how this happened!)
Congratulations to you! You can't control the monkey.

Plaid models continue to be of more importance than LR deliveries and the 3/Y even more so than any S or X. Yes chip and material shortages are real. The fact that your order date has absolutely nothing to do with if/when you actually receive a car is getting absurd.

In what other market would you stand back and watch someone else purchase a product you have been standing in line for if they have arrived long after you? I'm an infant in the wait line with a June order. I can't imagine how those who have orders in the 9-12+ month wait have stuck with it watching their exact configurations be filled to others ordering after them.