Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 7C89C6BB-8DCF-4D47-BC14-0E153C47C368.jpeg
    7C89C6BB-8DCF-4D47-BC14-0E153C47C368.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Any Reds who recently got VINs? Maybe Reds will be first 2022s

Also gonna take a break from forum and refreshing. I have a feeling my December EDD from a while back was more accurate. 👋🏿
Tesla just filed for the 2022 VINs this week, so maybe you will get lucky !

"
To whom it may concern,

Attached to the form is the Tesla, Inc submission for the MY2022 VIN decoder. Below are the changes from the MY2021 decoder:

Digit 1-3: New “7SA” WMI for Tesla MPVs

Digit 8: Remove "1", "2", "3", "4" motor configurations no longer in production

Digit 10: Add "N" for MY2022

Digit 11: Add "A" for Austin, Texas factory

Thank you,

Derek Yam"

1636838319273.png

NB: The date on the cover letter is 9/29/21 but the filing didn't appear on NHTSA vPIC until this week.

"
To whom it may concern,

Attached to the form is the Tesla, Inc submission for the MY2022 VIN decoder. Below are the changes from the MY2021 decoder:

Thank you,

Derek Yam"

View attachment 732783

NB: The date on the cover letter is 9/29/21 but the filing didn't appear on NHTSA vPIC until this week.
I don’t really understand but I don’t think this is new news and also we’ve seen multiple reports of MY & M3 people getting NF VINs

"
To whom it may concern,

Thank you,

Derek Yam"

View attachment 732783

All that was available November 1st.

The Corporate Tesla person I spoke with recommended waiting until I was close to receiving my new car to switch from the Cash to Financing option, since the financing is only good for 30 days. I'll shop around myself anyway, but will likely just leave mine as "Cash" in the Tesla system for now.
I went cash until a vin came in you’ll have plenty of time between vin and pick up to get the paperwork done.

"
To whom it may concern,

Thank you,

Derek Yam"

View attachment 732783

I didn't realize that the MS was considered a "hatchback". I have been calling mine a sedan this whole time.....

@cwanja, had a question for you. has your Operations Advisor or Service Advisor reached out to you to schedule/pick a date for delivery?
Nope. Sitting at a week since VIN. From what I have been told, it should be here the 19th. Holding off till Tuesday or Wednesday before I start pestering.