Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep expecting a vin imminently. And of course worried my 3 day pick up grace period will occur when I’m out of the country…sigh.
My current range is 12/17 to 12/30. I'm estimating 21 days to build and ship so my expectation is that if I don't have a vin in the next two days then it isn't happening in December. I'm currently in a lease extension and I have until the 15th of each month to return my truck or I can keep it for another 30 days. If I have a VIN before the 15th I'm taking it back to save the money. Your range is tight which I may have found hopeful a few months ago but after all that I've seen... it's more likely that everything means nothing. We'll either get a car before the EOQ or it's back to the grind of build schedules, parts shortages and delivery concerns. There are a number of cars constantly sitting in Princeton's overflow, usually 3-1 Plaids and there is always a white interior or two so anything is possible. This entire process has been a life lesson in patience. If I didn't need the car I may be grateful for it. Anyway, I hope yours comes asap!

wow, this group kinda went dead. I guess white interiors are being delivered or just not that many folks waiting for theirs...or maybe it's refresh fatigue...i'm on this site A LOT!
I was until I finally took delivery! Still check in every couple of days to see who is still waiting.

I just got the windows tinted on mine, it looks amazing. I love every minute I get to spend in it, and cannot WAIT for my first road trip on the 20th!

Soon... you will be driving yours!!!

The white interior deliveries seemed to have come to a halt…and mine hasn’t pushed back further (yet) and still stands at 12/31-1/28.
It really seems like all interiors have slowed down. There was a point where we were seeing MF456, 456, NF458, 459 and 460 posts every other reply. And then NF460 range kept getting posted for days. Just saw a NF461 yesterday I think for the first time. Seems as if the line is slowing down, as reported by Elon's email or any other reason.

My current range is 12/17 to 12/30. I'm estimating 21 days to build and ship so my expectation is that if I don't have a vin in the next two days then it isn't happening in December. I'm currently in a lease extension and I have until the 15th of each month to return my truck or I can keep it for another 30 days. If I have a VIN before the 15th I'm taking it back to save the money. Your range is tight which I may have found hopeful a few months ago but after all that I've seen... it's more likely that everything means nothing. We'll either get a car before the EOQ or it's back to the grind of build schedules, parts shortages and delivery concerns. There are a number of cars constantly sitting in Princeton's overflow, usually 3-1 Plaids and there is always a white interior or two so anything is possible. This entire process has been a life lesson in patience. If I didn't need the car I may be grateful for it. Anyway, I hope yours comes asap!
I'm in the same boat as you with the same config and similar location/EDD - although you did order 2 months before me. I agree the clock seems to be running out on us for a 2021 delivery. Unless those VINs start showing up in the next few days there's no way the cars make it to the east coast before EOY.

I'm in the same boat as you with the same config and similar location/EDD - although you did order 2 months before me. I agree the clock seems to be running out on us for a 2021 delivery. Unless those VINs start showing up in the next few days there's no way the cars make it to the east coast before EOY.
There's also something comforting about this. Our ranges are almost identical and builds are the same. Common sense would tell you that the algorithm has grouped this build and delivery area together. Having said that... common sense and this situation don't always align.

There's also something comforting about this. Our ranges are almost identical and builds are the same. Common sense would tell you that the algorithm has grouped this build and delivery area together. Having said that... common sense and this situation don't always align.
And I'm hoping you're both right, and Tesla is just about to produce a batch of black/white cars for you. If true, there MIGHT be hope that my black/white order (currently showing an EDD of 1/16 - 2/13) could get batched in with yours and release late December/early January... But that would make WAY too much sense, so is unlikely to occur...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And I'm hoping you're both right, and Tesla is just about to produce a batch of black/white cars for you. If true, there MIGHT be hope that my black/white order (currently showing an EDD of 1/16 - 2/13) could get batched in with yours and release late December/early January... But that would make WAY too much sense, so is unlikely to occur...
You and me both!!!!

With the amount of people still sitting at the last 2-3 weeks of December, something tells me we're all going to be pretty disappointed for Christmas haha
I am going for the optimistic side and say that maybe they are getting a better handle finally on EDD and manufacturing and seeing a lot of us have stopped bouncing around on dates, they may be more accurate now.