Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my car yesterday. I accepted delivery, didn't drive it much yet, they only gave me a 50% charge on the car...

There was some quality issues with a few paint chips on the back bumper, some scratches on windows trim, like dirt footprint on white interior, stains on the interior window panel that won't come out, front door being difficult to close where I have to slam the door. I did schedule an appointment with service to resolve this.

I'll take some photos soon

I got XPEL tints added and 21 inch Vossen HF-3.

fd434446-a959-49fd-aeb8-c8cc64c62b01.jpg

Attachments

• fd434446-a959-49fd-aeb8-c8cc64c62b01.jpg
    fd434446-a959-49fd-aeb8-c8cc64c62b01.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 66
Just got mine back from Xpel Stealth land myself.

Only 3 seams.
View attachment 746496View attachment 746497
I'm a shiny car guy myself, but that stealth looks really good. will water sheet off of it? if you put ceramic over, will it then be shiny and defeat the purpose?
First time i saw a non-shiny finish (on anything other than a junker) i think it was a $5k option on a german car. i think it makes the car stand out, and i saw a BMW M3 a buddy has (Tesla blue actually) with the matte finish, it's an eye catcher.
Enjoy!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
1143 Red/White/19/FSD ordered on 1/13 now REMOVED from this year's production schedule and internal ETA is 4+ mo away.

I was removed from the production schedule due to an internal error on my order not being marked as ready. My SA has fixed this and hoping that in next 48 hours I am back on this years' production schedule.
Worse than what happened to me - VIN received, appointment date, both yanked, supposedly i'll be a few weeks later - but a 1143 order and you're still maybe 4 months out? that is just wrong. hang in there, with any luck you'll either get it much sooner, or maybe get some upgrades, like tail lights or maybe some other improvements.

FWIW, I read some posts that made it seem like orders were really getting delayed or pushed far out. When I spoke with an SA yesterday (I know, I know) it seemed like production was going pretty heavily, and there was no indication of shortages or delays.
Now, I know at some point there has to be some international production, etc. but for now at least, it SEEMED like the S production is on track.
I spoke with Carvana last week, and they said that Toyota purchases from them are dropping rapidly, as supposedly Toyta was able to secure a bunch of chips, or the chip shortage (for Toyota) was lessening. Take that with a grain of salt.
but who knows?

I'm a shiny car guy myself, but that stealth looks really good. will water sheet off of it? if you put ceramic over, will it then be shiny and defeat the purpose?
First time i saw a non-shiny finish (on anything other than a junker) i think it was a $5k option on a german car. i think it makes the car stand out, and i saw a BMW M3 a buddy has (Tesla blue actually) with the matte finish, it's an eye catcher.
Enjoy!
It's not quite finished yet. Will be doing ceramic on it next week. Modesta makes a matte version which won't make it shiny, might make it a little darker.

He ran outta time before my service appt this morning. So it'll go back when I'm out of town next week.

1143 Red/White/19/FSD still have a soft match date of today despite EDD of now Mar 10 to April 7...

Called delivery center at Fremont and they said I still should hopefully get a VIN today or tomorrow.

Very skeptical. My main contacts internally are confused as well as there should have been other movement on my account if I was going to be matched and there's nothing presently.

Will keep this thread updated...

1143 Red/White/19/FSD still have a soft match date of today despite EDD of now Mar 10 to April 7...

Called delivery center at Fremont and they said I still should hopefully get a VIN today or tomorrow.

Very skeptical. My main contacts internally are confused as well as there should have been other movement on my account if I was going to be matched and there's nothing presently.

Will keep this thread updated...
Posted in a separate forum. The production line closes down for Model S on 12/24. 18 day halt. Might be the reason for all of our push backs on EDD.