Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
minute 31 in. Also Chippit on Reddit says the line halt is for re-tooling and streamlining. He gave the same dates. in the video They mention it’s a repeat of the 2020 halt. Wasn’t Last year's halt months before it came back online?
Not sure this makes sense. The retooling probably happened when the refresh happened. This source doesn’t really verify anything

Not sure this makes sense. The retooling probably happened when the refresh happened. This source doesn’t really verify anything
Only thing i was hoping is for the new tail lights. Perfectly fine with a February to March push, if they get rid of the dated lights. This was the first I’ve heard about a 2021 production halt. Just hopeful.

This is what has my hopes up.
5F99CDB5-9EEF-47E1-BDDA-A1859F9B157E.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Shutdown or not, they are still apparently delivering cars for EOQ here in CA and I presume building them for that purpose. Got a text on Monday from Tesla which asked me to confirm I was paying cash or to respond "SUPPORT" to change the payment method. I then went back and forth with a representative who modified the completed tasks and I updated my expired financing. Same terms, different bank though which surprised me. Today I woke up to a narrowed EDD from 12/21-12/31 to 12/28-12/31. I am cautiously optimistic.

It's not quite finished yet. Will be doing ceramic on it next week. Modesta makes a matte version which won't make it shiny, might make it a little darker.

He ran outta time before my service appt this morning. So it'll go back when I'm out of town next week.
that's interesting. what does the matte ceramic do to a gloss surface, make it matte, or make it look like crap?

Took delivery of a nearly perfect Plaid last night. Zero issues with the white interior or trim (unless you consider the "worm" a problem). Either I got lucky or Freemont is tightening their QC. Only issue was some adhesive by the taillight that the detailer had to remove and a small piece broken inside the taillight - very minor and probably something I wouldnt even notice unless I read these forums LOL. They already ordered the part. Zero paint issues! Panel gaps are expectedly not Germanic like but acceptable. No cargo cover in trunk - it will be mailed to when they get some in stock.

First impression from my very brief drive home; WOW...ITS A FAWKING ALIEN SPACESHIP FROM THE FUTURE

Attachments

• Model s.JPG
    Model s.JPG
    508.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Model s edit.jpg
    Model s edit.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 79
I'm sure your EDD will bump out soon - seems like they go in some batch order at times.

Welcome to Jan-Feb like the rest of us ;-)
Yeah that makes sense to me!

In terms of that supposed production halt, the timeframe they gave lines up perfectly with my new soft match date.

If we’re that close to getting rid of the (imo) super dated tail lights I am totally okay waiting an extra few weeks.

However, I have asked three folks internally involved with deliveries in Fremont and none have knowledge of a halt.

I’ll keep this thread posted on movements to my order.

Damn you. Now I’m going to keep checking maniacally.
UGH. Ditto!
By the way, I stopped by the Glen Allen SC yesterday. Had at least two plaids for sale/unspoken for. SA said both were "unicorns" as both had wood vs carbon fiber. Either way, lot was full. And looks like they have officially purchased or leased the former gas station on the corner/across from the SC. I saw numbered signs installed to represent cars in line for pickup by customers