Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding a few datapoints. Wish I could add this to my signature but I am still a baby TMC member!

On Order: MS LR | MSM/White/19s/FSD | Ordered 6/14/21 | RN1151 | Tesla Profile Complete 7/20/21 | FSD Added 1/7/22 | Original EDD: Oct/21 | Current EDD: 2/4/22 - 3/4/22

My EDD updated today to Feb 4 - Mar 4 after holding for quite some time at Jan 17 - Feb 14. Interestingly, I found out someone at the same delivery center (Cincinnati) with a M3LR on order had their EDD moved to Feb 2 - Mar 2 from Jan 17 - Feb 14. Might shed some light on how EDDs are assigned/updated (partially by delivery center?)

I think those are white X's - see the spoilers :)
Well that would be cool. That gives me SLIGHT hope that a recent S VIN that I got, a 467 perhaps could have updated lights still but I'm not expecting it. ;-) Man, I wish they would just do a stupid flyover with better quality and zoom in on an S!!! That or you would think it would have definitely linked or been spotted in the wild by now, on a transport or so...

I doubt Tesla will use LFP on premium cars such as S/X. If so there would be a mini-revolt unless it's accompanied by increased range. Then it might be ok, since you can charge LFP to above 90% w/o degradation.
Yeah mini revolt @Buggybug, and then it would be like 6000 pounds lol! Would kill road manners and require a completely new suspension. Yeah absolutely not lol. The next battery chemistry for S and X will be high nickel 4680.

I doubt Tesla will use LFP on premium cars such as S/X. If so there would be a mini-revolt unless it's accompanied by increased range. Then it might be ok, since you can charge LFP to above 90% w/o degradation.

Yeah mini revolt @Buggybug, and then it would be like 6000 pounds lol! Would kill road manners and require a completely new suspension. Yeah absolutely not lol. The next battery chemistry for S and X will be high nickel 4680.

Oh hey yeah I know lol. I ran out of ideas about "new battery" lol

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Mentioned with absolutely no evidence at all. SA know nothing.
Of course I understand that. That is just as speculative as new headlights and tail lights coming in the next few weeks. My only point was I’d rather have longer range then a brighter headlight.

And if we were thinking practically, rather than talking about rumor and speculation, what would TESLA rather tout – brighter headlights or longer range especially with new competition on the horizon?

Of course I understand that. That is just as speculative as new headlights and tail lights coming in the next few weeks. My only point was I’d rather have longer range then a brighter headlight.

And if we were thinking practically, rather than talking about rumor and speculation, what would TESLA rather tout – brighter headlights or longer range especially with new competition on the horizon?
It is not “just as speculative.” For range, all we have is one SA’s say-so. For the headlights/taillights, we have multiple insiders reporting a line change in the last week.

• Love
It is not “just as speculative.” For range, all we have is one SA’s say-so. For the headlights/taillights, we have multiple insiders reporting a line change in the last week.
I am not waiting for anything unless it’s confirmed by Tesla. The headlights could be 6 months out as far as we know. If they have a huge inventory of the old headlights, they will use those first.

I am not waiting for anything unless it’s confirmed by Tesla. The headlights could be 6 months out as far as we know. If they have a huge inventory of the old headlights, they will use those first.
Tesla, even as recent as last year, has literally thrown out 1K+ headlights for 3/Y that were brand new rather than save them for spare parts. They'd certainly be open to do the same on a car with significantly smaller volume.

We could totally be wrong on timeline but if they shipped those cars to showrooms in Taiwan that weren't intended for audience yet (quickly covered up) that would be rather surprising.

Hoo, boy. Taking delivery in two days and I'm super excited, but even a remote chance of a battery change in the near future has me suffering massive FOMO. I can do without the headlights and taillights, but damn if they change that battery 1 week after I finally take delivery considering I ordered the damn thing 6 days after refresh was announced. 😤

This is why I gotta stop reading this forum. Ignorance is bliss!

edit: I will say this about the "refreshed refresh" - part of the reason I went with white is for that all black and white stormtrooper look. I really like the gloss black trim bar on the back of the car, and I think the removal of this kinda cheapens the look, tbh. Though I would prefer that it didn't extend into the light housings on each end. What's with that, anyway?