Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S with Plaid badge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what should I do if I want my new Plaid X to come without the Plaid badge so the neighbors don't realize I bought a new one unless they're really observant?

They're just individual stick-on letter/emblems. Just some fishing line and patience and it should come off in a few minutes. People debadge cars all the time. I even have my Accord debadged. :p

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
If I had a Plaid, I'd be ripping the badge off. There is enough Tesla hate out there without spinning some people up even more. Not to mention I like cars that are sleepers. More fun to think it is just a long range and run them with your Plaid.

At the same time, if you need a badge to get some sort of recognition from others, you had a pretty rough life growing up and have issues buying a Plaid isn't going to help you with.
It's a preference. I like the plaid badge. I remember when people on their model 3 put "Space X" like if elon made Model 3's with the space X upgrade package LOL

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I've had the same sort of dream but the car's computer and the vin number tell me it's a LR. Arriving at the store to pick it up I could hardly believe my luck, for about 5 seconds and then reality kicked in. The "Plaid" badge is still there and I'll leave it, mostly because I'm afraid of the damage that might be done to the paint to remove it. I, in my wildest scenario, thought they might be rewarding me for the long wait but then I realized how many others would expect the same upgrade. I love my LR and, try as I might, I can't come up with a reason or a situation in which I would really miss not being able to get to 60 mph in under 2 seconds or go faster than 155 mph. Call me a "wuss" (sp?) if you must but this is one serious, enjoyable, green automobile.
Beasts
WUSS

Reactions: Beasts
Guilty as charged but $40,000 richer and still can't wipe the smile off my face. Of course my second fastest car was a 1975 Pontiac Formula 400 Firebird with 175 HP. Actually I guess my wife's Honda Civic was faster. I'll have to let you know when I move up from Sport mode. It took me a while to move out of what we call (of course) wuss mode, but Jill is still complaining about whiplash in Sport mode.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Guilty as charged but $40,000 richer and still can't wipe the smile off my face. Of course my second fastest car was a 1975 Pontiac Formula 400 Firebird with 175 HP. Actually I guess my wife's Honda Civic was faster. I'll have to let you know when I move up from Sport mode. It took me a while to move out of what we call (of course) wuss mode, but Jill is still complaining about whiplash in Sport mode.
With the snows on and winter here I stay in Chill for the season and wife gulps when I punch it in chill. Insane is….well, insane ! And that is with an LR

With the snows on and winter here I stay in Chill for the season and wife gulps when I punch it in chill. Insane is….well, insane ! And that is with an LR
When we picked up our car in September I was seriously overwhelmed by the yolk, the significant differences in the placement of the various controls, etc. plus just knowing that here I was in the middle of a city that I was totally unfamiliar with in, by far, the most expensive vehicle I had ever owned and with way more horsepower than I had ever coped with and the lovely folks at the Tesla store had put the beast in Insane Mode!! I drove about a block before I decided that either I was significantly less talented than I thought, that there might be an adjustment we could make regarding something called modes which I remembered the owner's manual mentioning but I had no idea how to find or we could walk back to the store, admit failure and ask whether they might take it back. Needless to say we figured out how to switch modes and everything improved from there. I still had to adjust to the fact that what used take a 5 degree angle movement of my ankle on the accelerator now took only 1 degree - even in Chill. I have since fine tuned those muscles and made drastic changes in muscle memory in all of my extremities and look forward to feeling every bit as tuned in to this vehicle as I was to all of my ICE cars. But the potential which I still haven't explored, including drag mode, leaves me feeling like it's Christmas and I still haven't opened all of my presents.
Part of the excitement of our S, to me, has been the near vertical learning curve. I am still constantly finding new features in the computerization, finding better placements for my hands as I move the yolk, fine tuning my use of the accelerator so as to make better use of the regen, thoroughly memorizing the placement of everything on the screens and the routes to access various functions without having to consciously think about it, etc. I admit to being a troglodyte when it comes to computers prior to this but I am definitely enjoying this ride. I grew up long before kids started growing phones at the ends of their hands and was never attracted to gaming.

My daily driving game is to NEVER touch the brake for a 30 mile commute.... mastery of that pedal is a ton of fun. I progressed from chill to insane fairly quickly and got a handle on the throttle but there is NO place for sport or insane mode once the snows are on and winter has set in. Still being 12 years old internally (and 58 outside) I did slip into insane a couple of weeks ago and did a launch on dry road from a stoplight as I saw the mates in the car behind me at the light had the camera going, big smiles on and where animated in their discussion so I have them a treat :) and ME ! At the next light it was all thumbs up and big smiles from them and I tried to look as cool as (im)possible sitting there looking like it was nuthin........ I have not tried drag mode yet either. I know many roll their eyes when the pilots and ATC folk here make comparatives but this car is as close to the flight deck as you can get where everything is muscle memory and deep knowledge of the systems. Probably why I love driving my LR as much as flying ! Enjoy as I am sure it will just keep getting better. This is my first EV/Tesla and I could not imagine going back to ICE.

Reactions: aerodyne and Beasts
If I had a Plaid, I'd be ripping the badge off. There is enough Tesla hate out there without spinning some people up even more. Not to mention I like cars that are sleepers. More fun to think it is just a long range and run them with your Plaid.

At the same time, if you need a badge to get some sort of recognition from others, you had a pretty rough life growing up and have issues buying a Plaid isn't going to help you with.
All from someone without a Plaid…

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS