Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just received a text response from my SA regarding the issue that many customers are seeing "ESTIMATED DELIVERY: 7-10 WEEKS" who ordered earlier in Q2 (for me it was 4/9). He informed me that Tesla is currently updating the delivery timeline for all customers, once completed the vast majority of customers are having their timelines revert back quickly. So I'm hoping those 10K cars holding in Fremont have finally been given the go to ship out, if so, VINs will come soon and delivery should only be 1-2 days after VIN is shows on Tesla Account......HOPING!!

So I just received a text response from my SA regarding the issue that many customers are seeing "ESTIMATED DELIVERY: 7-10 WEEKS" who ordered earlier in Q2 (for me it was 4/9). He informed me that Tesla is currently updating the delivery timeline for all customers, once completed the vast majority of customers are having their timelines revert back quickly. So I'm hoping those 10K cars holding in Fremont have finally been given the go to ship out, if so, VINs will come soon and delivery should only be 1-2 days after VIN is shows on Tesla Account......HOPING!!
Thank you for the information! Yeah I ordered 4/3 and my EDD has been sitting at 7-10 weeks for the last couple of days. Truly hope this time they are not just bullshiting AGAIN. Finger crossed!

Reactions: Jaredspink
I called my sales location this morning and was told the website has not been hugely accurate. The were able to give me a solid date of 6/25 and they added a note to my file to change mine back to home delivery, despite me being >10mi from delivery center (Carlsbad, CA). Let's see how right that information was...but I am EXCITED!
I guess it goes with the current narrative people have been seeing of May before April, but we have same spec excluding wheels and same delivery center yet you got an exact date of 6/25 and I got a range of 6/27-6/30. Congrats! but also how the **** are you in front of me?! I’ll never get the delivery order

I feel like every color would say this exact same thing. As a person who has ordered blue, I feel like almost all of the first wave of cars from early June were white but have seen very few blue deliveries overall. The last flyover video of the factory shows a ton of blue/black/MSM cars sitting in their lot which would support this since the whites have mostly been delivered already.

If you ordered later maybe you guys missed the whites for this quarter. If you are an earlier order, well your guess is as good as anyone's.
I ordered early so I'm not under the impression that the whites have mostly been delivered. But yes, I'm sure we all are feeling like the targeted ones.

Bay Area ordered 5/8: 2021 Model 3 SR+ | Red | All Black Interior | 18’’ Aero Wheels | No FSD

Last month (not sure since didn't really check): 6/15 - 6/30
6/15: 9/2 - 9/22
6/16 (yesterday): 7/30 - 8/19
6/17 (today): 6/23 - 6/30

I just noticed this is the wrong thread, so this will be my last update here. I'll be posting in the correct one now. Good luck to all!

Reactions: BierNut
What about us with 9 - 13 week EDD? Gotta assume it's the same glitch. Very frustrating having that since Saturday.

I feel like every color would say this exact same thing. As a person who has ordered blue, I feel like almost all of the first wave of cars from early June were white but have seen very few blue deliveries overall. The last flyover video of the factory shows a ton of blue/black/MSM cars sitting in their lot which would support this since the whites have mostly been delivered already.

If you ordered later maybe you guys missed the whites for this quarter. If you are an earlier order, well your guess is as good as anyone's.
My SA in Carlsbad was up front about it. I ordered on 5/31, and he said if we wanted blue or red, we'll most likely be able to take delivery sooner. Otherwise August/September based on current demand.

Just a word of warning to all of you refreshing your account page waiting for the VIN. The refreshing doesn't stop. Fortunately I got my VIN a couple of hours ago, but now I'm refreshing my e-mail and text messages waiting to hear from my SA. 😂
And then even AFTER we finally get the car, we'll keep checking our cars to see if the newest software version is available for us yet!